Windows 10: Intel HD 4000 Windows 10 Driver Errors

Discus and support Intel HD 4000 Windows 10 Driver Errors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been working on a HP 2570p Elitebook with the Intel HD 4000 Graphics chipset for quite a while now. This seems to be an issue with Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cruros, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Cruros Win User

Intel HD 4000 Windows 10 Driver Errors

I have been working on a HP 2570p Elitebook with the Intel HD 4000 Graphics chipset for quite a while now. This seems to be an issue with Windows 10 1809. I have not tried 1903 as of yet. I am currently downloading it to give it a try. 1803 did not have the below issue.

The previous technicians at my shop diagnosed several as failed motherboards due to the artifacting and then BSOD 'VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys" error. In device manager, the Intel display adapter has error code 39 aka "missing or corrupt driver". No matter which version of the driver, 4 different ones from Intel and the original from HP, do not resolve this issue. None of the attempts to roll back, uninstall and reinstall, use windows update to install a driver nor checking settings in the Intel control panel have resolved the issue. Disabling Core Isolation in several different ways do not resolve the issues. As soon as the laptop boots up, it begins artifacting and BSOD crashes the machine.

I wanted to report a work around to at least get in to windows without BSOD. Boot in to another media, I used Hiren's Boot USB, but any linux version should work. Go to C:Windows/System32/Drivers and copy the igdkmd64.sys file to another location (I put it in the downloads folder for the user account). Then delete the file from the system32/drivers folder.

After doing this, I can successfully boot in to Windows with a BSOD to try to trouble shoot the issue. Unfortunately I have had no good results other than deleting the igdkmd63.sys file yet. The error 39 is still visible in the device manager. Any attempt to reinstall any driver puts a fresh copy of igdkmd64.sys back and will cause the machine to BSOD before the installation finishes. Windows update has also replaced this file a few times which caused the BSOD to return. HD video are working fine with this configuration. However I get an error "unable to start 3D acceleration" when launching even simple games the chipset can run.

It is known that Microsoft was supposed to block certain machines with Intel display drivers from updating to 1809, but this one auto updated like many of the other that were diagnosed as failed motherboards. Microsoft has blamed Intel for enabling unsupported features on certain chipsets that caused these problems. Neither of these companies seem to have a fix, almost a year later, for this issue.

I would like to go back to Windows 10 1803 if 1903 does not work, but I cannot find a working ISO for this (our server went down and the iso's were all corrupted). I will report back if 1903 works as Intel and Microsoft were supposed to work on driver releases together.

I'm hoping the band-aid helps someone else who knows more than I do troubleshoot these driver issues by getting in to windows instead of BSOD at boot up. Can anyone say why deleting the igdkmd64.sys file stops the BSOD?

Thank you for reading.

:)

Cruros, Sep 2, 2019

2. intel hd graphics 4000 driver

My computer is ready for windows 10 update, its reserved. But it gave me a message saying my intel hd graphics 4000 driver is not compatible. There is no windows 10 drivers on Intels site. Will microsoft give an updated driver for intel hd graphics 4000
    ?

Tunç Köyağasıoğlu, Sep 2, 2019
  3. nyisaacny Win User
    intel hd graphics 4000 driver

A Windows Update was available for Intel HD 4000 driver for Windows 10 64-bit, but it failed to install saying that an error occurred. Driver installation also failed when I tried to update the driver directly from Intel. Is there any way to fix this?
    There are few more details I posted on this thread.

nyisaacny, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Intel HD 4000 Windows 10 Driver Errors

intel hd graphics 4000 driver

Intel HD Graphics 4000 Brightness fix ( Solved )

JA

asked on

Intel HD Graphics 4000 and Windows 10 64bit ( Brightness Fix with Driver Date 8/17/2015 )

JA

started on

Brightness problem fix on

Intel HD Graphics 4000 with NVIDIA® GeForce® GT650M graphics.

Install:

Intel HD Graphics 4000 Driver, Driver Date: 8/17/2015

Driver Version: 10.18.10.4276

Make sure you backup your registry first before proceeding!!!!

open regedit Run Command

Registry has wrong value:

Currently reads as :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000] "FeatureTestControl"=

"Edit DWORD 32 bit"=

f000

Registry with New Value:

You needed to change the value in registry to: (
    f008 )

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000] "FeatureTestControl"=

"Edit DWORD 32 bit"=

f008

Then Restart Computer

Brightness Fixed with Latest driver.

Let me know if this was helpful to anyone

John and Robin Reynolds, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Intel HD 4000 Windows 10 Driver Errors

1. Intel HD 4000 Windows 10 Driver Errors - Similar Threads - Intel 4000 Driver

2. Intel HD Graphics 4000 Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 Brightness: Hi, There is an old thread about this problem locked at 2017 that says "Brightness Fix with Driver Date 8/17/2015". However, I still experienced this same problem with driver date 06/08/2020, version .10.18.10.5161. Always when there are some update in Windows 10 64bits,...
  3. Intel HD Graphics 4000

Intel HD Graphics 4000: I have Intel HD Graphics 4000 adapter but whenever I run the game it shows me that I have No Graphics Adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-hd-graphics-4000/4612ab18-cbd2-4e96-95ed-306c00eae4f2
  4. Intel HD 4000 can’t output to 4K

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel HD 4000 can’t output to 4K: I have an i7-3770 that I need to output to 4K. It seems that this iGPU can’t support 4K, but it does so perfectly in Linux at 30hz, so I can’t figure out why I can’t make it do the same in Win10. Does anyone know a viable workaround to make it happen? submitted by...
  5. Intel HD Graphics Driver 4000 Problems with Windows

Intel HD Graphics Driver 4000 Problems with Windows: The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48) Is there any available solution(s) at the moment, it is my first time to encounter this problem with Windows...
  6. Intel Hd Graphics 4000

Intel Hd Graphics 4000: Nobody is talking about the huge problem with Intel Graphics 4000 and update 1809. The driver after updating to windows 10 1809 does not work at all. Neither does any external monitor. Is anybody doing something about it?...
  7. Windows 10 Update: Intel HD 4000 Driver Black Screens

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update: Intel HD 4000 Driver Black Screens: Windows update keeps attempting to install a driver update for the HD 4000 integrated gpu. I have a discrete graphics card and don't use the iGPU at all, but this update just started showing up. It always fails, and it always makes my monitor lose the signal as soon as...
  8. Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 Driver Never Updates

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 Driver Never Updates: I get this error: Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 - Error 0x80070103 It's done this with the past three builds too (using 10074). Thanks for any help. 5896
  9. Windows 10 Intel HD Graphic Drivers Error

Windows 10 Intel HD Graphic Drivers Error: I searched around, but nothing helped to install any Intel driver that can run Minecraft and OBS screen recorder. Most people have this problem as well. I reset Windows 10 3 times already, and right now, the only graphics driver I have right now is the Microsoft Basic Display...
  10. Intel HD 4000 Driver Version Number not Going Up

Intel HD 4000 Driver Version Number not Going Up: Running Windows 10 and a latest version for my GPU (Intel HD 4000) is out I searched for it on Intel and found the driver download at this HTML Code: <a href="Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.33]">link</a>[/quote] . I downloaded the driver and restarted my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wndws 10 1903 cannot find driver for intel hd4000