Windows 10: Intel HD Audio Driver Failure

Discus and support Intel HD Audio Driver Failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, So I ran across an issue that haven't been able to find a fix for. Recently, my mother bought a new laptop (HP Spectre x360 Convertable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brandon Burrows, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Intel HD Audio Driver Failure

Hello all, So I ran across an issue that haven't been able to find a fix for.

Recently, my mother bought a new laptop (HP Spectre x360 Convertable 13-ae011dx series), this was to replace a slightly older HP Spectre model that she has. To save time, we took the M.2 Drive out of the old laptop, threw it in the new Laptop. Everything mostly worked (expected there to be driver issues, but everything loaded up fine). So went onto the HP Website, downloaded all the drivers relating to that model (via serial number search). We got everything we needed, Chipset, Video, etc. EXCEPT, the Realtek HD Audio (SST). When we download this and run it, about 2/3 of the way through the install process we get : Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure, Error Code 0x000003E6 , and there doesnt seem to really be much information about this out on the internet. I've tried uninstalling the device, scanning for hardware changes, and letting windows attempt to take care of it, but no such luck. When I try and update the driver through device manager, it finds the drivers, and when it attempts to install them, it gives 'Invalid access to memory location'.

I've ran SFC Scan, it did find corruption, however did not fix it. My next option is to potentially run the DISM /Online /Clean-up Image /RestoreHealth command and seeing if that will take care of it. I've tried Windows updates (the system is Windows 10). Im quickly running out of things to try.

If anyone would have any thoughts on this (I already know the a-typical answer, just reset the OS, but im really trying to prevent that). Part of the reason for moving the M.2 over is there are programs we no longer have the install disk/files for that are critical important, wouldnt be able to install again (such as on a new system)

:)

Brandon Burrows, Oct 31, 2018

2. Intel HD graphics drivers and Video TDR Failure

I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro 5830 with an Intel Atom CPU z3740D running Windows 10 Home version 1607 OS Build 14393.187. Two weeks ago I started to get Video TDR Failures, to the point were the PC is unusable as it freezes up two to five times a minute and
    usually fails within two minutes. I am not sure if I received an update or not. I assumed it was a minor issue so I refreshed my PC. This did not fix the issue so I did a complete reinstall of Windows 8, then updated to Windows 10, again this did not fix
    the issue. I read on line about updating the Intel HD graphics driver, so I went to Dell's web site and updated the drivers and BIOS per Dell's suggestion, still no fix. I used a system restore from my son's Dell Venue 8 Pro, thinking it may be an update
    that I missed, no fix to the Video TDR Failure. I have downloaded the following drivers from both Dell and Intel; Intel HD Graphics Version 10.18.10.4252, 10.18.10.4338, and 10.18.10.4425. all three give me the Video TDR Failure. I am currently running the
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter for the Display adaptor. I do not receive the Video TDR Failure with Microsoft's Basic Display Adapter, but the camera does not work and when the PC goes to sleep and the screen backlight stays on. I ran Dell's system analysis
    to see if there were any issues, the PC checks out good with the Microsoft Adapter, however when installing the Intel graphics driver the analysis would not proceed through the graphics test. I installed a Logitech web cam with drivers just to see if it would
    work and I had no problems. I am not sure if it is an Intel/Windows 10 issue as I have Windows 10 running on my son's Venue 8, and have gone through all the suggestions listed on both Dell's support sight as well as Microsoft's web site; or a hardware issue.
    Any help will be appreciated.

MarcusAlleman, Oct 31, 2018
  3. prelo Win User
    Intel HD Graphics Driver

If your Intel Graphics card is one of the following :

Intel HD Graphics 4200, 4400, 4600 cards (4th Generation)

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 cards (4th Generation)

Intel HD Graphics 5300 cards (Intel Core M Processors)

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 (5th Generation)

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 (5th Generation)

Intel HD Graphics 5500, 6000 (5th Generation)

Intel HD Graphics 515, 520, 530 (6th Generation)

Intel Iris Graphics 540, 550 (6th Generation)

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580 (6th Generation)

try this, it works for many people:

1.- Download from this site the beta zip file (win64_154012.zip), and not the exe file:

Download Beta Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

(for 32-bit download win32_154012.zip).

2.- Unzip the driver to C:\Windows\Temp folder.

3.- Right click on Start and choose Device Manager, Display adapters,
    Intel(R) HD Graphics Family.

4.- Double click to open it (or right click and choose Properties).

5.- Click on the Driver tab and then on Update Driver.

6.- On the new tab click on Browse my computer for driver software.

7.- On the new tab click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

8.- On the new tab click on Have Disk.

9.- Click on Browse and then choose Windows\Temp\win64_154012\Graphics\igdlh64.inf
    (igdlh32.inf for 32-bit) and click on Open and then
    OK.

10..- On the new tab where Intel (R) HD Graphics Family is showing click on
    Next and let the driver to install.

11.- The new Driver Version is 20.19.15.4326 and is digitally signed.

Be aware to follow step by step all the procedure and do not try to use the wizard to update the driver directly, in many cases it won’t work.

prelo, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Intel HD Audio Driver Failure

Intel D5400XS Skulltrail / Intel HD audio - Auto output selection (by jack) don't work.

Intel D5400XS/ Intel HD audio - Auto output selection (by jack) don't work.

It works with windows driver, don't work with intel hd audio driver.

In 8.1 works good.

s0cialkaos, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Intel HD Audio Driver Failure

1. Intel HD Audio Driver Failure - Similar Threads - Intel Audio Driver

2. Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure, error 0101

in Windows 10 News
    Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure, error 0101: [IMG]In this article, we will talk about some fixes to resolve the Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure, error 0101 on Widows 11/10. When a driver malfunctions, the respective device stops working or does not work properly. These issues are fixed by reinstalling or...
  3. Intel HD Audio Driver for Display Audio Sound Stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel HD Audio Driver for Display Audio Sound Stuttering: Hello,I have MSI Prestige 14 A11SCX Laptop with 11th Gen i7 processor with Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Build 19042.985 that connected to LG 29WK600 using DisplayPort cable. My issue is the sound that coming out from my monitor is a bit laggy or stuttering. Windows...
  4. Intel HD graphics driver 5500?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel HD graphics driver 5500?: Got updated with windows 10 The Intel graphics driver has a new command center which was downloaded from ms store now I'm completely unable to fix the saturation and hue of my laptop It's asus x454l core i3 5th gen Please help me how do I set the color of my laptop It's way...
  5. Intel HD Graphics driver problem

Intel HD Graphics driver problem: My laptop isn't connected to any display, but it still getting connecting and disconnectingto unknown VGA monitor which i have seen from PC settings with display flickering and usb sound, this problem goes away when i disable intel hd graphics driver from device manager, and...
  6. HD Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HD Audio Drivers: Hello, I posted something regarding Realtek Drivers having audio problems due to Audio Enhancements and after hours of installing, reinstalling, uninstalling drivers, it never really got fixed and I just gave up so I just went with the HD Audio Driver where the sound is fine....
  7. Replacing Intel HD audio driver with realtek.

Replacing Intel HD audio driver with realtek.: How do I find out if I can replace my intel HD audio driver or device with the realtek one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-intel-hd-audio-driver-with-realtek/5f2a7c8b-c195-4e49-9e77-9d13c41dc060
  8. Intel hd graphic driver

Intel hd graphic driver: my laptop is running a corei5 m460 cpu it came preinstalled with windows 7 so i upgraded to windows 10 but i faced a problem i tried looking for the graphic driver using the internet search function in device manger but it just says the best driver is allready installed (...
  9. Unable to install RealTek audio drivers, Error message: Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure...

Unable to install RealTek audio drivers, Error message: Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure...: I had a recent issue with my audio driver and decided to uninstall and reinstall the Realtek HD audio driver. Upon trying to reinstall the driver I keep getting an error: Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure Error Code: 0xE0000246. I am stuck and would really appreciate any help....
  10. intel hd graphics driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    intel hd graphics driver: i am running intel i3 1st gen m330 2.13 GHz processor with in-built intel HD graphics (core i3). before upgrading to windows 10 whenever I used to play any pc games the display scaled to full screen but after upgrading to windows 10 play the games I want to play at low...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hd audio failure