Windows 10: Intel HD drivers trying to update but device is disabled

Discus and support Intel HD drivers trying to update but device is disabled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I very briefly switched on the IGP whilst swapping from Nvidia to AMD last month and now Windows Update is constantly trying to update (and failing)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SpecChum, Nov 11, 2015.

1. SpecChum Win User

Intel HD drivers trying to update but device is disabled

I very briefly switched on the IGP whilst swapping from Nvidia to AMD last month and now Windows Update is constantly trying to update (and failing) the drivers even though no Intel drivers are currently installed, I used DDU to remove the Intel and Nvidia drivers.

Any idea how to stop it? Now whenever I open Windows update I get updates are available for Graphics Adaptor WDDM1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 for Intel HD Graphics 4600

I can't even search for new updates any more!

:)

SpecChum, Nov 11, 2015

2. My Dell XPS15 crashes VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

Based on the information we have gathered, this issue is caused by the by latest update for Intel HD Graphics driver. We recommend that you temporarily disable the Intel Graphics from the Device Manager. You can also try to roll back your driver to its previous
    version. To disable or roll back your driver, follow the steps below:

• On the search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Select Display Adapters.
    • Right-click Intel(R) HD Graphics 530.
    • Click Roll Back Driver....
    If the issue persists, let us know so we can look for another solution.

Eugene deV, Nov 11, 2015
  3. GillTT Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Graphics 4000 - Error 0x800f0203

Update :

Using Intel Driver update Utility the driver version 10.18.10.4061 for Intel IGPU HD 4000 was installed

confirmed in Device Manager.

try to update in Device Manger to new driver version 10.18.10.4226 from Intel and I get error from GPU-Z : ATI OpenCL Driver bug detected , skipping OpenCL detection.

I then roll back driver to 10.18.10.4061 in Device Manager and OpenCL was fine

Windows update still shows a problem with

Intel Corporation driver update for Intel HD Graphics 4000 - Error 0x800f0203

Not sure if any of this is helpful

Thank You

GillTT, Nov 11, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Use the utility as described in this tutorial to hide the unwanted updates so they won't install. Then try to install latest drivers directly from Intel's site. If there is no Windows 10 driver, try that for 8 or 7. It should work. Right-click on the file and Run as Administrator.

spapakons, Nov 11, 2015
  5. SpecChum Win User
    Cheers, I'll give it a go. I don't want to install the drivers though, I use an AMD card and the IGP is disabled.

SpecChum, Nov 11, 2015
  6. SpecChum Win User
    Not working, the updates aren't appearing in there. No option to install any new updates either, even there there are some.

SpecChum, Nov 11, 2015
  7. SpecChum Win User
    It's stopping me installing any new updates, argh lol

SpecChum, Nov 11, 2015
  8. SpecChum Win User

Fixed it *Smile I just deleted all the files from C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and ran WHDownloader, the Intel updates were no longer there and I could install TH2 and whatever else was waiting to be installed.

All good.

SpecChum, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel HD drivers trying to update but device is disabled - Similar Threads - Intel drivers trying

2. Intel HD graphics driver 5500?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel HD graphics driver 5500?: Got updated with windows 10 The Intel graphics driver has a new command center which was downloaded from ms store now I'm completely unable to fix the saturation and hue of my laptop It's asus x454l core i3 5th gen Please help me how do I set the color of my laptop It's way...
  3. Intel HD Graphics driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel HD Graphics driver problem: My laptop isn't connected to any display, but it still getting connecting and disconnectingto unknown VGA monitor which i have seen from PC settings with display flickering and usb sound, this problem goes away when i disable intel hd graphics driver from device manager, and...
  4. Intel HD graphics 530 Driver

Intel HD graphics 530 Driver: I updated the driver for Intel HD graphics 530 Driver to a 2018 version from a 2017 version. I needed to do this for Adobe Premiere to work properly. After I install it everything is fine for maybe a day, then the next day I try to run Premiere again and it tells me to update...
  5. Intel HD Graphic driver not updating

Intel HD Graphic driver not updating: I've download intel hd graphic driver set up.exe from my manufactures website for the supporteed windows version, still when I run it shuts off automatically and a cmd windows open up like this and set up closes. My system info HP Notebook 15-bs542tu OS-windows 10 pro 64...
  6. Intel hd graphic driver

Intel hd graphic driver: my laptop is running a corei5 m460 cpu it came preinstalled with windows 7 so i upgraded to windows 10 but i faced a problem i tried looking for the graphic driver using the internet search function in device manger but it just says the best driver is allready installed (...
  7. update intel hd graphic 3000 driver

update intel hd graphic 3000 driver: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) {Bad Image} %hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your...
  8. Intel HD Audio Driver Failure

Intel HD Audio Driver Failure: Hello all, So I ran across an issue that haven't been able to find a fix for. Recently, my mother bought a new laptop (HP Spectre x360 Convertable 13-ae011dx series), this was to replace a slightly older HP Spectre model that she has. To save time, we took the M.2 Drive out...
  9. intel hd graphics driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    intel hd graphics driver: i am running intel i3 1st gen m330 2.13 GHz processor with in-built intel HD graphics (core i3). before upgrading to windows 10 whenever I used to play any pc games the display scaled to full screen but after upgrading to windows 10 play the games I want to play at low...
  10. Intel HD Graphics Driver Update Failed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel HD Graphics Driver Update Failed: Product Name: HP ENVY DESKTOP 750 124 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) HP Support Assistiant Action Log reported an update was needed for th Intel HD Graphics Driver.* Upon exectucting the update a message box indicates "A seperate installer has lauched....