Windows 10: Intel HD Graphics 620 error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

Discus and support Intel HD Graphics 620 error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having trouble setting up an external monitor. I am using an adapter 15 pin VGA to a USB port. I have also tried the HDMI port. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JakeDH, Mar 28, 2020.

1. JakeDH Win User

Intel HD Graphics 620 error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

I am having trouble setting up an external monitor. I am using an adapter 15 pin VGA to a USB port. I have also tried the HDMI port. I have tried two monitors as well. It seems to be something in my graphics driver, as I am getting the error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43". I get this error even when there is no external monitor plugged in.

I have uninstalled it and scanned for hardware changes, uninstalled and rebooted, uninstalled and updated the driver. It keeps coming back with the yellow triangle and the error.

Now that I have to work from home, I could really use the external monitor. Please advise.

Thanks.

:)

JakeDH, Mar 28, 2020

2. Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 throws error: Windows has stopped this device because it reported problems (code 43)

I own a HP Spectre 13 2016 (Model Number: Y4G37PA#AB5) running on Windows 10 Home Version 1903 64-Bit. Recently I noticed that the brightness functionality of my computer does not seem to work. When the buttons are clicked, nothing is displayed on the screen, nor is the brightness changed. The Windows notification panel has also disabled the brightness slider.

I checked the Device Manager and have noticed an error being thrown by Intel(R) HD Graphics 520. I have no other display adaptors installed. When I click the properties of the Intel(R) HD Graphics 520, it shows the following error in the Device Status:

Windows has stopped this device because it reported problems (code 43)

When I launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool using dxdiag command from the Start Menu, I can see under Display > Device it is written Microsoft Basic Display Driver, with the following error in notes:

There is a problem with the Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 device. For more information search for "graphic device driver error code 43". Following this search prompt, I have tried the following:

1. Uninstalling the display driver by Right Clicking Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 in device Manger: The result of this was the computer restarting and then completely glitching out with a black screen.
    2. Updating the Driver By right clicking and searching automatically: The result was the message Best driver for your device are already installed.

I am hoping that you could help us resolve the Error Code 43. So that the computer can use the Intel HD Graphics 520 device.

Thank you.

Archit Kithania, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Laptop - Intel HD 620 issue - Only external monitor displays

Okay, the fact that it is not even detecting the internal display is obviously a problem. But a big clue for me is the fact that if we uninstall the Intel HD Graphics 620 display driver, the display works. That leads me to think that there must be a problem with the display driver.

Here is what I would like to suggest trying:

1) Download the latest driver for the graphics adapter from Dell.
    2) Also download the latest driver from Intel directly from here:

Download Intel(R) Graphics - Windows(R) 10 DCH Drivers

3) COMPLETELY uninstall the current display driver. This means going into Device Manager, right-click the Intel HD Graphics 620, choose uninstall device, MAKE SURE that you select the check box that says "Delete the driver software for this device", then click Uninstall. This will make sure that it cannot simply reinstall the same driver again as soon as you reboot.

4) Reboot
    5) Install the latest Dell supplied driver.

6) If you still have difficulties at this point, then repeat the same steps but use the driver you downloaded from Intel.

hsehestedt, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Nate1225 Win User

Intel HD Graphics 620 error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

Windows 10 code3 43 intel(R) HD graphics

Hi Divya,

I tried your above steps and go through the troubleshooting process and get the message: "Problem Detected with Intel(R) HD Graphics Family." When I click "View Details" it gives me the error message of "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported
    problems. (Code 43)" again. Help!!

Nate1225, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Intel HD Graphics 620 error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported... - Similar Threads - Intel Graphics 620

2. AMD RadeonTM Graphics Properties 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD RadeonTM Graphics Properties 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...: I have a problem with my gaming laptop for the past month and it is related to the graphics driver. I am currently using an external monitor so that I can use this machine as I have problems with its monitor.I checked the Device Manager and I see that the graphics for my...
  3. AMD RadeonTM Graphics Properties 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD RadeonTM Graphics Properties 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...: I have a problem with my gaming laptop for the past month and it is related to the graphics driver. I am currently using an external monitor so that I can use this machine as I have problems with its monitor.I checked the Device Manager and I see that the graphics for my...
  4. AMD graphics issue - "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD graphics issue - "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems....: I installed a windows update and right after that, my AMD radeon TM graphics driver is not working for some reason. In device manager it has a yellow icon and it say "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43" . I have tried removing the last...
  5. AMD graphics issue - "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems....

AMD graphics issue - "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems....: I installed a windows update and right after that, my AMD radeon TM graphics driver is not working for some reason. In device manager it has a yellow icon and it say "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43" . I have tried removing the last...
  6. Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 - for Intel Iris...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 - for Intel Iris...: Hello,While I was adding some ICC profiles after experimenting with programs from NT 3.5, I accidentally found a glitch upon adding every ICC that errors out and adding another, regardless of it being a display color file or not, would immediately say "The parameter is...
  7. Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 - for Intel Iris...

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 - for Intel Iris...: Hello,While I was adding some ICC profiles after experimenting with programs from NT 3.5, I accidentally found a glitch upon adding every ICC that errors out and adding another, regardless of it being a display color file or not, would immediately say "The parameter is...
  8. AMD Radeon HD 6400M Series .Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Radeon HD 6400M Series .Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...: driver error, I have uninstalled the radeon driver. and do a troubleshoot to fix missing drivers in control panel> view devices and printers> PC- troibleshoot . after finding the radeon driver and fixing it with automatic driver installation. normal radeon drivers no problems...
  9. AMD Radeon HD 6400M Series .Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

AMD Radeon HD 6400M Series .Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...: driver error, I have uninstalled the radeon driver. and do a troubleshoot to fix missing drivers in control panel> view devices and printers> PC- troibleshoot . after finding the radeon driver and fixing it with automatic driver installation. normal radeon drivers no problems...
  10. Graphics card has an issue "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics card has an issue "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...: I just recently re intalled windows and grapics card seems to be having an issue. Driver wise , I have latest driver installed I tried rolling back and it didnt help, card stop being visible in device manager I'm also get following message : Device...