Windows 10: Intel HD Graphics Driver disappears when installing nVidia card

Discus and support Intel HD Graphics Driver disappears when installing nVidia card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I was trying to troubleshoot a program for streaming & recording, it said there was an option to choose between my nVidia card for high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rogue1618, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Rogue1618 Win User

Intel HD Graphics Driver disappears when installing nVidia card

Recently I was trying to troubleshoot a program for streaming & recording, it said there was an option to choose between my nVidia card for high quality or onboard Intel HD Graphics for more free memory available. I found however I could not, my system only shows my nVidia driver not the Intel HD Grpahics. If I remove the nVidia card the Intel drivers show and work but the minute the card is reinstalled the Intel drivers just disappear.

If I try to install the drivers either from my computer manufacturer or Intel, I get an error,
    The Computer Does Not Meet the Minimum Requirements for Installing the Software.

I found a video showing how to reinstall the Intel driver in case of this error but while the driver shows it also shows a problem saying
    This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31
    Object Name not found.

How do I get my system to recognize and use the Intel driver and onboard graphics so I can manually choose them when needed?

:)

Rogue1618, Feb 24, 2020
  2. prelo Win User

Intel HD Graphics Driver

If your Intel Graphics card is one of the following :

Intel HD Graphics 4200, 4400, 4600 cards (4th Generation)

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 cards (4th Generation)

Intel HD Graphics 5300 cards (Intel Core M Processors)

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 (5th Generation)

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 (5th Generation)

Intel HD Graphics 5500, 6000 (5th Generation)

Intel HD Graphics 515, 520, 530 (6th Generation)

Intel Iris Graphics 540, 550 (6th Generation)

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580 (6th Generation)

try this, it works for many people:

1.- Download from this site the beta zip file (win64_154012.zip), and not the exe file:

Download Beta Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

(for 32-bit download win32_154012.zip).

2.- Unzip the driver to C:\Windows\Temp folder.

3.- Right click on Start and choose Device Manager, Display adapters,
    Intel(R) HD Graphics Family.

4.- Double click to open it (or right click and choose Properties).

5.- Click on the Driver tab and then on Update Driver.

6.- On the new tab click on Browse my computer for driver software.

7.- On the new tab click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

8.- On the new tab click on Have Disk.

9.- Click on Browse and then choose Windows\Temp\win64_154012\Graphics\igdlh64.inf
    (igdlh32.inf for 32-bit) and click on Open and then
    OK.

10..- On the new tab where Intel (R) HD Graphics Family is showing click on
    Next and let the driver to install.

11.- The new Driver Version is 20.19.15.4326 and is digitally signed.

Be aware to follow step by step all the procedure and do not try to use the wizard to update the driver directly, in many cases it won’t work.

prelo, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Surface book nvidia video card vs intel hd graphics

Have a similar problem, Surface book won't use the Nvidia card. If I uninstall the intel hd driver and then reinstall the Nvidia card driver, it will work with the Nvidia until the unit is rebooted. After rebooting it reinstalls the intel drivers and
    goes back to it. If I want to use the Nvidia card, the only to get it to work is to reinstall the drivers for it. After every reboot it defaults to the intel hd and will NOT used Nvidia card unless I reinstall the drivers for it.

WilliamCollar, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Intel HD Graphics Driver disappears when installing nVidia card

dual graphics card intel hd 4000 and nvidia gtx 660m

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Thank you for mentioning the steps you have tried to fix the issue.

In order to identify if the issue is graphics card compatibility related, I would suggest you to install the Intel hd 4000 in compatibility mod by following the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select "Properties".

2. Select "Compatibility" Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select Windows 8 from the drop down list.

4. Let the driver install and then check the functionality

Do get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Intel HD Graphics Driver disappears when installing nVidia card

1. Intel HD Graphics Driver disappears when installing nVidia card - Similar Threads - Intel Graphics Driver

2. Can I install Nvidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I install Nvidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card: Can I install Nvidia graphic drivers on intel graphic card * Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-nvidia-graphic-drivers-on-intel/c0fdb01a-7af1-4cb7-8bfd-2f007f9ccd26
  3. NVIDIA Graphics Card Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Graphics Card Disappeared: Hi!Up until a recent update on my Surface Pro 2, the NVIDIA graphics card was present and performing well. However, after an update, the card completely disappeared from my system. Or so it appears. I attempted to update my GeForce Experience because it was out of date, but...
  4. NVIDIA Graphics Card Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Graphics Card Disappeared: Hi!Up until a recent update on my Surface Pro 2, the NVIDIA graphics card was present and performing well. However, after an update, the card completely disappeared from my system. Or so it appears. I attempted to update my GeForce Experience because it was out of date, but...
  5. Outdated Intel HD graphics card!

Outdated Intel HD graphics card!: Hello! I have a serious problem with my intel graphics card, its 37 months out of date, I updated it via windows update but its still from 2017 and not recent. My computer is an intel Celeron N3060, if you guys can send me a updated graphics driver that would be extremely...
  6. Update graphics card drivers Intel HD Graphics 620?

Update graphics card drivers Intel HD Graphics 620?: I have an Acer Aspire E5-575G laptop and I really need the latest driver for the graphics card. Windows says that the latest drivers are installed. Intel says so: [ATTACH] And if I go to the manufacturer. namely Acer, I can't find any installation option for...
  7. Intel graphic card disappeared

Intel graphic card disappeared: I have a Lenovo Legion Y540 laptop with Windows 10, Intel i7-9750H processor, Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphic cards. The Intel graphic card is gone from device manager, it is not hidden, I also tried adding it manually but it isn't found. The...
  8. Disappearing NVIDIA Graphics Card.

Disappearing NVIDIA Graphics Card.: About a month ago i purchased an HP OMEN 17" Laptop 16 GiG memory, I7 Ninth Gen processor 9750H and NVIDEA RTX-2070 Graphics card, no probs untill 3rd night, switched it off normally next night i switched it on, all icons have changed and enlarged from 100% to 125%, i had...
  9. intel hd graphics driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    intel hd graphics driver: i am running intel i3 1st gen m330 2.13 GHz processor with in-built intel HD graphics (core i3). before upgrading to windows 10 whenever I used to play any pc games the display scaled to full screen but after upgrading to windows 10 play the games I want to play at low...
  10. Laptop with Intel HD Graphics + Nvidia card - when are the two used?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop with Intel HD Graphics + Nvidia card - when are the two used?: Hi, my laptop has both Intel HD Graphics 530 and a NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 940M card I've realised that the latter's tray icon always seems to report 'inactive' if I hover over the icon. How do I know if it's ever used, and in what circumstances should I expect it to be...