Windows 10: Intel HD3000 driver issue

Discus and support Intel HD3000 driver issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a user with a Dell Vostro 2420 that has been running Windows 10 for about a year or so and has been fine up until updates that were applied last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pstoric, Jul 19, 2017.

1. pstoric Win User

Intel HD3000 driver issue

I have a user with a Dell Vostro 2420 that has been running Windows 10 for about a year or so and has been fine up until updates that were applied last night. Now there is an exclamation next to the video driver (Intel HD 3000 sandy bridge) and he cannot use his second screen. We cannot update it as Windows shows there is no update available and the “rollback” option is grayed out.
    Upon checking Dell’s site, they don’t even offer a video driver for the Vostro 2420 running Windows 10, only 8.1 so I grabbed that one, extracted it and then tried to manually update the video driver but it said the best one was installed already. Next I went to Intel’s driver download page to grab the newest one available. But I had the same problem. Now we can’t update or rollback. How can I resolved this and prevent Windows 10 from updating the video driver in the future?
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...hics-3000.html

:)

pstoric, Jul 19, 2017
  2. BossDweeb Win User

"This app can't run on your pc" when I try to setup 'James Bond Blood Stone'

The i3 2330m uses Intel HD3000 graphics.

Have you installed suitable Win10 drivers for your Intel HD3000 graphics ?

First try the mfg of your laptop/notebook. If they do not have a Win10 driver try Intel's download site.

downloadcenter.intel.com/product/53434/Intel-Core-i3-2330M-Processor

Game Version is not specified "

The source of the game - retail disk, Steam, other download ?

BossDweeb, Jul 19, 2017
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    After I updated to Windows 10 I can no longer play a game, I get an error code aaccess violation at 0x004f9255

Type dxdiag into the Run command or search to open DirectX Diagnostics.

The Display tab will show which graphics processor your machine uses ( Intel HDxxxx graphics )

If it has an graphics processor older than HD3000 you may have probelems with Win10 as there

are no (last I read) Win10 specific drivers for Intel HD graphics older than HD3000.

( Intel GMA HD graphics is older than HD2000 )

BossDweeb, Jul 19, 2017
  4. Dude Win User

5. pstoric Win User
    Thanks I know how to disable them but I need to get the one the that worked installed it won't accept any others then the one from windows update. Maybe I'll disable driver updates and try again tomorrow.

pstoric, Jul 19, 2017
  6. Dude Win User
    Okay, have you try to rollback the driver.. never mind, realized you tried that already

7. essenbe Win User
    Have you tried the Intel Update Utility that will scan your computer and suggest updates for drivers?

essenbe, Jul 19, 2017
  8. spunk Win User

In the Device Manager, right click the Intel HD 3000 device with the yellow mark and Uninstall it. Now, right click Any device and choose Scan For Hardware Changes. This should reinstall the previous driver again.
    If the Yellow Mark comes back, then try downloading the driver here: Intel HD Graphics (Sandy Bridge) - NotebookCheck.net Tech

spunk, Jul 19, 2017
  9. pstoric Win User
    Thanks for the suggestions but it keeps reinstalling the broken one.

pstoric, Jul 24, 2017
  10. spunk Win User
    In the Device Manager, Right click the Yellow flag and Uninstall it, do not reboot or scan for hardware changes. now download the latest driver linked in post #6, it should replace the older driver.

spunk, Jul 24, 2017
  11. pstoric Win User
    I've tried that every which way. It keeps telling me that "the computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". I've tried the Dell drivers for 7, 8, 8.1 in regular and compatibility mode. Same error for Intel driver. Intel and Dell driver update programs don't work either

pstoric, Jul 24, 2017
  12. spunk Win User
    Make sure you are downloading the driver for your version of your Windows OS (ie) 32bit or 64bit.
    In the Device Manager, after uninstalling, you can go to the toolbar at the top, Action/Add Legacy Hardware. Install hardware I manually select (advanced) . Leave Show All Devices selected, click the Have Disk button and browse it to the downloaded driver file, to the .inf file.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel HD3000 driver issue - Similar Threads - Intel HD3000 driver

2. Having issues with intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues with intel RST driver: Hello community , I am having problems where my laptop freezes for 20 seconds and comes back again , and when i see the logs in the event viewer , these are the two errors ,"The IO operation at logical block address 0x2759328 for Disk 0 PDO name: \Device\00000036 was...
  3. Having issues with intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with intel RST driver: Hello community , I am having problems where my laptop freezes for 20 seconds and comes back again , and when i see the logs in the event viewer , these are the two errors ,"The IO operation at logical block address 0x2759328 for Disk 0 PDO name: \Device\00000036 was...
  4. Question about custom driver for intel hd3000 by nIGHmAYOR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about custom driver for intel hd3000 by nIGHmAYOR: So - Just as in the thread and with my laptop specs - is it safe to install those drivers with the OC mode turned on? I kinda want to squish a little more from this laptop, and I feel like I can, it suprised me many times (games like COD Black Ops running in 30 fps etc) 174443
  5. Intel 7265 driver issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel 7265 driver issue: I have an Acer SF315-52 laptop, with Intel 7265 wifi card, running Windows 10, and a Sony pair of headphones (WH-XB700) with aptX support. The problem is, the wifi card needs to be activated with aptX, so I update the driver (from this source...
  6. Intel HD3000 on Windows 10 Home 1809 and upper BUG

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel HD3000 on Windows 10 Home 1809 and upper BUG: Hi people! I have two old laptops with both Intel HD3000 graphics and Nvidia graphics. One from ASUS and one from Samsung, both with i7 CPUs (2860qm and 2630qm). Both are hooked up to two TVs via HDMI at 1080p. The video adapter for the output that the system forces me to...
  7. LifeCam HD3000

LifeCam HD3000: Hello, I've been using the LifeCam for well over a year now and when I bought a new computer I started using it on that computer. It uses Windows 10 as it's OS. The old computer used Windows 8.1 as it's OS. The problem I'm having now with the Life Cam is after making a...
  8. Intel Graphics Driver Issue!

Intel Graphics Driver Issue!: Hey guys, I have Lenovo X1 Carbon 5th Generation with latest Windows 10 64 bit updates! I see there is a glitch on videos while playing on VLC. I upgraded to latest drivers v20 from Lenovo website but having same issues. Any clue ? Regards. 119646
  9. windows/intel audio driver issue

windows/intel audio driver issue: been having this problem since i updated windows to 1803 (17134.228) every time i start my PC i have no sound from the default speakers. my setup = 2 x HDMI TV to the on board graphics running I5 4690. I also have a TV connected to my NV GPU. default speakers are...
  10. Intel Rapid Storage driver issue

Intel Rapid Storage driver issue: Hi all, I've had an issue for some time with my Intel 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller. I'm running Win10 Pro 64 and updated earlier this year from Win7 Pro 64. I use Driver Genius to scan my drivers for updates and I got a message back in May to update to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell driver win 10 intel hd3000 issue