Windows 10: Intel HD3000 on Windows 10 Home 1809 and upper BUG

Discus and support Intel HD3000 on Windows 10 Home 1809 and upper BUG in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi people! I have two old laptops with both Intel HD3000 graphics and Nvidia graphics. One from ASUS and one from Samsung, both with i7 CPUs (2860qm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Brand, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Brand Win User

Intel HD3000 on Windows 10 Home 1809 and upper BUG

Hi people! I have two old laptops with both Intel HD3000 graphics and Nvidia graphics. One from ASUS and one from Samsung, both with i7 CPUs (2860qm and 2630qm).

Both are hooked up to two TVs via HDMI at 1080p. The video adapter for the output that the system forces me to use is the HD3000.

Alright everything is fine, I'm able to run my stuff with the "discreet" Nvidia GPU anyway thru the cable on the TV (checked with the tool provided by Nvidia).

Now comes the problem. After update 1803 I found out that the installed drivers were from 2016, version 9.17.10.4459. Where is the issue? With the 1809 update and further updates the HDMI output is messed up. With the lid closed there is no 1080p output no matter what I try. I just can duplicate the screen at the native notebook resolution. Pretty cr*ppy.

The solution I found is to install the 2015 version 9.17.10.4229. By disabling the auto driver update I thought that I would have been fine. NO, I was damn wrong because with the 1909 update I got the drivers overwritten.

You might argue that I can wipe and reinstall these drivers anytime Windows updates itself.

Well, on the Samsung notebook I'm able to do such a thing. The ASUS notebook will soon become an SFF pc with no native screen attached, so, no chances to perform the trick anymore.

What am I kindly asking for? Intel HD3000 on Windows 10 Home 1809 and upper BUG :)

A way to prevent Windows 10 from ovewriting the 2015 drivers FOREVER. I can recall that on my girlfriend's notebook I have installed the modded intel drivers by the great @nIGHTmAYOR (thanks again and again, mate) and he said that he modded them with an incredibly high number version so that Windows will theoretically never be able to overwrite them.

The other option would be to COMPLETELY kill the Windows update feature, but I have googled something and nothing seem to do the trick. I still have to try WAU manager.

Note that the intel graphics is used only for HDMI output and some other basic stuff. Old games and emulators are running with the Nvidia GPUs (damn Nvidia optimus, it was a pain to set up with Dolphin and Emulationstation -.-")

I'm in your hands Intel HD3000 on Windows 10 Home 1809 and upper BUG :)

:)

Brand, Jun 18, 2020

2. life cam hd3000

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you, as per your query.

Let’s try to update the cam driver manually and check if it helps. Follow the below step:

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Imaging Device”.

• Right click on the Cam device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    If the issue still persist try the below method provided.

Method 2.

I would recommend you to go to the below provided link and download the latest updated cam driver and installed it in compatibility mode and let us know the status. Follow the below steps:

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    If the issue still persist, I would suggest you to wait for some time until Microsoft does not
    release the Microsoft life cam HD3000 driver.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Intel HD3000 on Windows 10 Home 1809 and upper BUG - Similar Threads - Intel HD3000 Home

2. Question about custom driver for intel hd3000 by nIGHmAYOR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about custom driver for intel hd3000 by nIGHmAYOR: So - Just as in the thread and with my laptop specs - is it safe to install those drivers with the OC mode turned on? I kinda want to squish a little more from this laptop, and I feel like I can, it suprised me many times (games like COD Black Ops running in 30 fps etc) 174443
  3. LifeCam HD3000

LifeCam HD3000: Hello, I've been using the LifeCam for well over a year now and when I bought a new computer I started using it on that computer. It uses Windows 10 as it's OS. The old computer used Windows 8.1 as it's OS. The problem I'm having now with the Life Cam is after making a...
  4. Strange bugs in Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange bugs in Windows 10 Home?: I'm on a HP-AB522TX (purchased in 2016) running Windows 10 Home (OS came pre-installed with the laptop). Ever since a certain recent update, the WiFi speeds are annoyingly slow (even on a 100mbps connection) , and somehow, leaving the WiFi on while in flight mode fixes this....
  5. WINDOWS 10 1809 bugs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 1809 bugs: start menu tiles are resetting to its defaults after shutting down pc . And also full screen mode of start menu is not working after the windows 10 1809 update. Why is that ?...
  6. Windows 10 1809 - Bug Check

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1809 - Bug Check: Please hielp with: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff803153147d5). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 93aefe38-5143-4373-bd53-49f7130d0435....
  7. Win 10 1809 bug?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 1809 bug?: I had win automatic download install caused me a great anger and gnashing of teeth. I checked the update page and saw a request to restart to complete the installation of win 1809. I found where I could delay the installation for 24 hours. when I got back to the download page...
  8. Bugs and issues of Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    Bugs and issues of Windows 10 version 1809: Microsoft released the October 2018 Update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 1809, on October 2, 2018 to the public. The update is not pushed out automatically through Windows Update but requires that users and administrators install it manually for the time being....
  9. Windows 10 Redstone 5 1809 Bug:

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 1809 Bug:: My problem is that when I click the right mouse button to open the Options page, when I go to: New Crashes absurdly, and reaches the point of shutting down Explorer......
  10. Intel HD3000 driver issue

Intel HD3000 driver issue: I have a user with a Dell Vostro 2420 that has been running Windows 10 for about a year or so and has been fine up until updates that were applied last night. Now there is an exclamation next to the video driver (Intel HD 3000 sandy bridge) and he cannot use his second...