Windows 10: Intel HD4400 driver upgrade gave dllhost.exe error message

Discus and support Intel HD4400 driver upgrade gave dllhost.exe error message in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What does dllhost.exe do? I had a problem with an icon randomly displaying on the power director 18 workspace. Cyberlink support got details and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Davidk, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Davidk Win User

Intel HD4400 driver upgrade gave dllhost.exe error message

What does dllhost.exe do?
    I had a problem with an icon randomly displaying on the power director 18 workspace. Cyberlink support got details and then advised me to update the HD4400 driver. Which I did using the control panel device manager\properties\driver update option for that item. Before update, the version was 20.19.15.4531, and after update the last 4 digits changed to 4624. But altho the update was successful, I got an error panel for dllhost.exe. See the attached screenshot.
    That error panel would not go away. So I re-booted: message now gone, display seems Ok, PD 18 seems to work better - at least for now.
    So - just what does that program dllhost.exe do??

Currently running windows 10-1909

:)

Davidk, Aug 22, 2020
  2. LemP Win User

Intel HD4400 Graphics Driver

I see that I had mis-read your original question. For some reason, I thought you were looking for the HD4000 graphics driver rather than the HD4400.

My mistake aside, you're trying to install the wrong driver, which is why you're getting the error. The i3-4130 is a 4th generation processor and it does incorporate HD 4400 graphics.

As shown on the Intel page I linked earlier (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005654/graphics-drivers.html),
    Windows 7 drivers for 4th generation processors have an Intel package designation starting 15.36. Drivers starting with 15.40 are for Intel's Braswell platform (e.g., Atom processors) or for 5th generation iN-xxxx processors -- or for 4th generation processors
    when used in a Windows 10 system.

The best way to ensure that you get the correct and latest driver version for you i3-4130 is to use Intel's Driver & Support Assistant. Click the "Get Started" button here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/80939/graphics-drivers.html

You also, however, can go directly here:
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/81497/graphics-drivers/graphics-for-4th-generation-intel-processors/intel-hd-graphics-4400.html
    On that page, you want the second from the top -- 15.36.35.5057 The driver starting with 15.40 is
    for 4th gen processors when using Windows 10 -- which is why you got the message that your Windows 7 system doesn't meet the minimum requirements.

The download page for that driver (Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7*/8.1* [15.36])
    shows that it is "the last planned Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 on 4th generation Intel® platforms." And if you scroll down to the list of products, you'll see your i3-4130. The Release Notes (https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28165/eng/ReleaseNotes_15.36.35.5057.pdf)
    show what features are supported. You can see if this satisfies the Houdini requirements

3. LemP Win User
    Intel HD4400 Graphics Driver

As I said (in reference to the HD4000, but a similar situation applies to the HD4400):

The download package for the latest driver for Windows 7 HD4000 graphics is 15.33.47.5059. The "15.33" indicates Windows 7.

After the driver is installed, the driver version will show as 10.18.10.5059 (don't ask me to explain where that number comes from or why it's different from the package name; I don't know).

The key part of the number is the last 4 digits. In your case, 5057. That means you have the latest version of the driver available for your CPU and version of Windows.

4. Intel HD4400 driver upgrade gave dllhost.exe error message

Startup error on discontinued Intel driver

the message appears again on restart after uninstall

SubhashKedia, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Intel HD4400 driver upgrade gave dllhost.exe error message

1. Intel HD4400 driver upgrade gave dllhost.exe error message - Similar Threads - Intel HD4400 driver

2. Dllhost keeps sending me error messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dllhost keeps sending me error messages: Hello,I get an error message every 5 minutes saying "Windows can't find 'some chinese stuff'. Make sure you entered the correct name, then try again." This makes me quit some apps/games, I found out it comes from a file named Dllhost.exe or Com Surrogate.exe. I haven't found...
  3. Dllhost keeps sending me error messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dllhost keeps sending me error messages: Hello,I get an error message every 5 minutes saying "Windows can't find 'some chinese stuff'. Make sure you entered the correct name, then try again." This makes me quit some apps/games, I found out it comes from a file named Dllhost.exe or Com Surrogate.exe. I haven't found...
  4. Intel error with driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel error with driver: I had some issue with my computer wherein my wifi driver stops working and need to reinstall it over and over. What's fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-error-with-driver/1d33757d-5036-4740-9d4c-6b938e4e7cd1
  5. Intel driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel driver error: I have had an issue a few times where my wifi driver has stopped working and I needed to reinstall it using an outside device. Today I looked at the event log and found this. after this event occures my wifi driver stopped working 3 seconds later saying it had a problem...
  6. Intel driver error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel driver error: I have had an issue a few times where my wifi driver has stopped working and I needed to reinstall it using an outside device. Today I looked at the event log and found this. after this event occures my wifi driver stopped working 3 seconds later saying it had a problem...
  7. Intel driver error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Intel HD4400 driver upgrade gave dllhost.exe error message

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel HD4400 driver upgrade gave dllhost.exe error message: What does dllhost.exe do? I had a problem with an icon randomly displaying on the power director 18 workspace. Cyberlink support got details and then advised me to update the HD4400 driver. Which I did using the control panel device manager\properties\driver update option for...
  9. IGCCTray.Exe Error Message of Intel Graphic Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IGCCTray.Exe Error Message of Intel Graphic Driver: Hello, Microsoft. I face an annoying Error Message Missing IGCCTray.exe in WindowApps folder . It is very annoying. Can Microsoft Expert advice me to fix this issue? Error Message Appear: "Windows Cannot find 'C:\Program...
  10. installation of drivers for Intel HD4400

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    installation of drivers for Intel HD4400: Hi, I reinstalled Win10 the other day, but now windows update only install driver version 10.18.15.4248. I manage to install the latest driver provided by Intel by uninstalling the driver and rebooting to safe mode, and install the latest one. But when i reboot into...