Windows 10: Intel i3 6100 fan running at max speed for no reason!

Discus and support Intel i3 6100 fan running at max speed for no reason! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On December 26th, I moved my PC into a new case. For about a week, my CPU fan kept spinning at max speed for no reason and i couldnt change it in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matt28299292, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Intel i3 6100 fan running at max speed for no reason!

On December 26th, I moved my PC into a new case. For about a week, my CPU fan kept spinning at max speed for no reason and i couldnt change it in the BIOS or anything. I booted up my PC on January 2nd and for some reason, my fan was normal. A week later today, after the new update, my CPU fan is back to spinning at 100%. My temps are very low so there's no reason for it to be spinning so fast; any help? running the stock cooler with an MSI H110M Pro-VH motherboard and a GTX 970. CPU usage in task manager is pretty low as well.

:)

Matt28299292, Jan 9, 2019

2. Set lower temperature for 100% fan speed , in order to lower laptop temp

It s a Samsung laptop with i3 2350M . No fan speed settings in BIOS . SpeedFan doesnt help . The laptop sets the fan speed at 100% when temp hits 79C . i want to set it at 72C !

Of course , i know a few workarounds like setting max CPU speed at 50% and passive cooling but its not enough . Even active cooling is relatively useless . i wish i had some way to set 72C as the temp for 100% fan speed.

leopard_jumps, Jan 9, 2019
  3. JarredJay Win User
    Windows 10 fan speeds

I appreciate your reply, however thats not the case.

As I mentioned, when I look at whats running in my system, my computer is hardly working. It is not running anything but windows 10 and yet the fans are spinning at max. Temperature CPU% - 9 %, Memory - 20% yet the fans are speeding at 100% When I look at
    speed fan, the system temperature is normal. In fact better than it was when running windows 7. It is the obvious fact that when I install Windows 10 the fans remain at 100%.

JarredJay, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Intel i3 6100 fan running at max speed for no reason!

W10 CPU fan not boosting to max speed

Hi Pablo,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

We would suggest you to update the following items and check the cpu fan speed and performance.

Check if there is a program to control the fan speed, may be the controller program is not compatible with Windows 10. Also check for the below list and please update it:

• BIOS.
    • Chipset drivers.
    laptops and netbooks :: lenovo y series laptops :: y50 70 notebook lenovo - FR

If you don't find the drivers compatible for Windows 10. refer to the motherboard manufacturer website and check for updated chipset drivers and install it.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Intel i3 6100 fan running at max speed for no reason!

1. Intel i3 6100 fan running at max speed for no reason! - Similar Threads - Intel 6100 fan

2. PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max: I have this PC for 2014 and i still use today 10 days ago my power supply got damaged so we got one today but when i start my pc i notice my power button is not lighting up expect the disk LED. My PC spins to life but no display and i heard all my fans are spining to the...
  3. PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max: I have this PC for 2014 and i still use today 10 days ago my power supply got damaged so we got one today but when i start my pc i notice my power button is not lighting up expect the disk LED. My PC spins to life but no display and i heard all my fans are spining to the...
  4. Is there any possible solution for the reoccurring fan running at max speed problem? Or is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any possible solution for the reoccurring fan running at max speed problem? Or is...: I've purchased an Asus ZenBook 14 UM433IQ a year ago and I have been encountering some weird issue with my laptop. When I normally use my laptop for a while and close the lid or stay AFK with the screen going off, when I reopen the lid or wake the laptop, the fan goes on full...
  5. Is there any possible solution for the reoccurring fan running at max speed problem? Or is...

Is there any possible solution for the reoccurring fan running at max speed problem? Or is...: I've purchased an Asus ZenBook 14 UM433IQ a year ago and I have been encountering some weird issue with my laptop. When I normally use my laptop for a while and close the lid or stay AFK with the screen going off, when I reopen the lid or wake the laptop, the fan goes on full...
  6. Laptop fan spins up to max for no obvious reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fan spins up to max for no obvious reason: As stated above.In viewing task manager I tend to see nothing obvious that could be the cause. Once the fan gets going it doesn't appear as if it will stop until I shut my laptop down fully.Checked my fan physically and no dust.Replaced thermal compound between cpu and heat...
  7. Laptop fan spins up to max for no obvious reason

Laptop fan spins up to max for no obvious reason: As stated above.In viewing task manager I tend to see nothing obvious that could be the cause. Once the fan gets going it doesn't appear as if it will stop until I shut my laptop down fully.Checked my fan physically and no dust.Replaced thermal compound between cpu and heat...
  8. Laptop fan spins up to max for no obvious reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. fan is running at full speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    fan is running at full speed: I have a problem with a fan because it is running at full speed all the time. It is an old problem which I am unable to fix. I think the OS cannot detect the hardware and force the fan to run at full speed. It is Dell Precision T3500, Windows 10, ver. 10.0.17763. I...
  10. Fan still running even no reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fan still running even no reason: Hello, I have All in One PC Acer Z3-710 with i5 on Win 10 (Anniversary). Unpacked a week ago so no dust inside etc. Current temperatures all in normal CPU 45-50°C GPU 40°C HDD 36°C Also HW usage in normal CPU 2-5% HDD 0-10% RAM 60% Can anyone explain to me why...