Windows 10: Intel i5 650 ram voltage

Discus and support Intel i5 650 ram voltage in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to but a new ram but i5 650 max voltage is only 1.4 v and new ram has a voltage of 1.5 v will it work properly? In windows 10 I am not able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DikshantNanda, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Intel i5 650 ram voltage

I want to but a new ram but i5 650 max voltage is only 1.4 v and new ram has a voltage of 1.5 v will it work properly? In windows 10 I am not able to find answer so I am asking here.

:)

DikshantNanda, Jul 9, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Jul 9, 2021
  3. Nafrayu Win User
    2133Mhz RAM together with an i5-2500k

Thanks for the info! Can you go into more details though? Does this mean it doesn't really matter what intel says on their website about maximum memory frequency? I work in IT but don't do much hardware stuff so this interests me *Biggrin
    Thanks for the hint about QV Lists! My board is on there!

I have just bitten the bullet and bought the RAM, i'll report back with more info when i'm done trying it out!

Nafrayu, Jul 9, 2021
  4. ruzzi Win User

Intel i5 650 ram voltage

Whats a Good, Affordable Motherboard for i5?

Hi Kipper and all.. I finally got my list of parts I want to buy via PC Parts Picker. Before I buy them I got a few questions..

Intel Core i5-6600K, MSI GeForce GTX 970, Cooler Master HAF 912 USB3.0 - My Custom Build - xlooks Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

1) PC Parts Picker suggested I get a cooler for the i5. But I won't be overclocking just yet. Is it still safe to not buy it and use without it?

2) For ram I picked Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 2133. But I'm confused as to what '2133' means. Is this the right memory for my system or should I get another?

3) PC Parts Picker calculated 321 watts for my rig (in the upper right hand corner). But this is far lower than what Newegg calculated. Why is that?

4) A gaming desktop will cost me $995. An Xbox One will cost $300 and a cheap notebook will cost $350 for a total of $650. Don't you think its cheaper and more beneficial to buy an Xbox One with a cheap notebook than a gaming desktop?

ruzzi, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

Intel i5 650 ram voltage

1. Intel i5 650 ram voltage - Similar Threads - Intel 650 ram

2. Intel XTU Core Voltage offset greyed out [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Intel XTU Core Voltage offset greyed out [Fix]: [IMG]Intel XTU allows you to customize your CPU’s profile, undervolt, and overclock it. To undervolt the CPU, one needs to configure the Core Voltage. However, in some cases, users have noticed that it’s disabled. So, in this post, we will see what to do when the Intel XTU...
  3. Surface Pro - Intel Core i5 / 128GB SSD / 8GB RAM - freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro - Intel Core i5 / 128GB SSD / 8GB RAM - freezes: My Surface Pro is used for web browsing, video streaming and Zwift. The video often freezes when streaming, and if I am browsing at the same time Edge/Chrome will say "not responding". When I am able to check the task manager CPU/memory is often very high. Zwift occasionally...
  4. Surface Pro - Intel Core i5 / 128GB SSD / 8GB RAM - freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro - Intel Core i5 / 128GB SSD / 8GB RAM - freezes: My Surface Pro is used for web browsing, video streaming and Zwift. The video often freezes when streaming, and if I am browsing at the same time Edge/Chrome will say "not responding". When I am able to check the task manager CPU/memory is often very high. Zwift occasionally...
  5. Surface Pro - Intel Core i5 / 128GB SSD / 8GB RAM - freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Intel Core i5 7200U Not Compatible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Core i5 7200U Not Compatible?: Why is i5 7200U not compatible to upgrade to Windows 11? Is there any work around? Purchasing a new laptop is not an option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-core-i5-7200u-not-compatible/de11e26a-b54f-43f6-9c51-a45dea256634
  7. Intel Core i5 7200U Not Compatible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Core i5 7200U Not Compatible?: Why is i5 7200U not compatible to upgrade to Windows 11? Is there any work around? Purchasing a new laptop is not an option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-core-i5-7200u-not-compatible/de11e26a-b54f-43f6-9c51-a45dea256634
  8. Intel I5-7600k and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel I5-7600k and Windows 11: My computer passes the PC Health Check app for everything except for my processor. The processor in my computer is an Intel I5-7600k @ 3.8Ghz. This is not that old of a processor. Why would it not be supported by Windows 11 and is there a plug in replacement that is?...
  9. Intel pentiums vs i5?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel pentiums vs i5?: So, according to a video i say, intel pentiums are grtting as good as something like the i5?This is a vid i just watched.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6NhvVo_4Bcg I know it was from a few years ago, but is it really true?That some intel Pentiums can perform just as Well, if...
  10. 2133Mhz RAM together with an i5-2500k

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2133Mhz RAM together with an i5-2500k: Does anyone know for sure wether my rig will support 2133Mhz RAM? According to mainboard/cpu documentation the mainboard supports it, but the processor doesn't. My current RAM runs at 1600Mhz though and it seems to work. More info about my current setup:...