Windows 10: Intel iCLS client - is it Program Files or Program Files (x86)?

Discus and support Intel iCLS client - is it Program Files or Program Files (x86)? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whilst working on problem with my Win10 OS, I found a bit of treacle during my examination. The Intel iCLS Client shows system environment variables... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SOHO1, Feb 16, 2017.

1. SOHO1 Win User

Intel iCLS client - is it Program Files or Program Files (x86)?

Whilst working on problem with my Win10 OS, I found a bit of treacle during my examination. The Intel iCLS Client shows system environment variables for both the C:\Program Files directory and also C:\Program Files (x86). I don't see how that could be correct.

Intel iCLS client - is it Program Files or Program Files (x86)? [​IMG]

Sure enough, there are files in both locations.
    That and several other Intel component appear in dual locations.

Intel iCLS client - is it Program Files or Program Files (x86)? [​IMG]

If appropriate to clean up, what steps would I use? Seems to me that uninstalling has a lot of potential to break something severely, and I suspect these won't uninstall cleanly.

I'll be chasing around looking for install files while waiting for your thoughts on the thread. Cheers.

:)

SOHO1, Feb 16, 2017
  2. Rohn007 Win User

Windows 10, version 1709 after update Some programs not operational

Are you on 1709 or 1703? You have mentioned both.

It sounds like MS reset an "environment" variable back to default. Windows uses environment variables as shortcuts. Windows associates the long version with the shortcut then uses the shortcut elsewhere. For example

%programfiles%

expands to "C:\Program Files"

The easiest one to fix is "Path". it lists all of the places Windows should check for your program files.

For example, here is my path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R)
    Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program
    Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\Calibre2\;C:\Users\Luser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;

Updating your path to point to those other locations should fix your problem, I think. It's been a VERY long time since I've played with it.

Rohn007, Feb 16, 2017
  3. Task Scheduler of Windows 10 has some new features *not*

A)

I'm used to work a lot with batch files and command line. So if an executable can be found within the defined path I won't use the full path to call it.

If you have a look at your machine path you will find that components from Microsoft or Intel or Nvidia, etc. do set the a path to their executables....so you see I'm in good company.

example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R)
    Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;E:\Programme\Freepascal\bin\i386-Win32

I do really agree to you do it as robust as necessary, but not to overdo it if it ain't really really necessary.

And on the other hand:

It worked with Windows 7!: So this knowledge might be usefull if you upgrade to Win10 and find things not working as expected. (This is the real issue.)

B)

It's true, not all exported tasks with win7 compatibility will have an issue.

And I did not really pin it down to which settings exactly causes the problem.

My guess ist that this settings in the XML-file will cause problems with Win7:

<DisallowStartOnRemoteAppSession>false</DisallowStartOnRemoteAppSession>

<UseUnifiedSchedulingEngine>true</UseUnifiedSchedulingEngine>

I really have no idea where they come from... might depends on the trigger.

I have at least one task which's trigger is set to execute monthly on a given day and it will have this settings when exported with win7 compatibility, but not when exported with Vista compatiblity.

microtiger, Feb 16, 2017
Thema:

Intel iCLS client - is it Program Files or Program Files (x86)?

1. Intel iCLS client - is it Program Files or Program Files (x86)? - Similar Threads - Intel iCLS client

2. Program Files x86 not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program Files x86 not accessible: Program Files x86 is just no accessible, it is visible in the file explorer, I can open it but cannot create/delete any files or folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-x86-not-accessible/982c0f1a-41cb-4c8e-99c0-8e759d51d26d
  3. “ENE” File folder in Program Files and Programs Files x86

“ENE” File folder in Program Files and Programs Files x86: This is this weird file which i dont know what it does. For Program Files x86, there is this application that doesnt even do. What does this file do?...
  4. Duplicate installations in Program Files and Program Files (x86)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate installations in Program Files and Program Files (x86): I have a x64 PC, can I delete the duplicate installations of programs in Program Files (x86) that are also installed in Program Files? 157505
  5. Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86): I just installed a software package published by a company that caters mainly to Mac users and (in my opinion) really doesn't understand Windows well. By default, their installer (install.exe) chooses C:\Program Files(x86)\xyz as the install directory, where let's say xyz is...
  6. Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86)

in Windows 10 Support
    Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86): I just installed a software package published by a company that caters mainly to Mac users and (in my opinion) really doesn't understand Windows well. By default, their installer (install.exe) chooses C:\Program Files(x86)\xyz as the install directory, where let's say xyz is...
  7. program files and program files x86

program files and program files x86: what If I mixed program files and program files x86 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-and-program-files-x86/0e6ed22e-7f14-4bea-ba3c-65079ee7a563"
  8. Progrqm Files & Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Progrqm Files & Program Files x86: I am trying to uninstall a program that did not install properly. The companies support tells me to check Program Files and Program Files x86. I found them once but can't find them again. Where are they?...
  9. Can't delete Programs files and program files x86

Can't delete Programs files and program files x86: I am trying to change what disk i am using so i copied over the program files and program files x86 but i can't delete the old it just says file is still open but nothing else is open...
  10. Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?: Hi, I was wondering how important the two mentioned folders are when installing a software. I know most programs suggest being installed to one of them, but it is really necessary? What happens if I choose another folder? I use the game client Steam for example. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Intel iCLS Client driver

2. intel icls client