Windows 10: Intel IRST Drivers - Outdated? Windows update installed the wrong version?

Discus and support Intel IRST Drivers - Outdated? Windows update installed the wrong version? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! My computer is giving the famous blue screen of death, but not always, only when it is on suspension mode. Rare event - happens every 7-10 days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RodrigoAlbuquerqueSCR, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Intel IRST Drivers - Outdated? Windows update installed the wrong version?

Hello!
    My computer is giving the famous blue screen of death, but not always, only when it is on suspension mode. Rare event - happens every 7-10 days or so...

So in a hope to fix this problem, I'm trying to update all my drivers.

I'm having some trouble with the IRST driver.

The one installed in my computer I've gotten via Windows Update version of the driver is 16.8.3.1003

However, when I go to the manufacturer driver page it states the recommended version is the 17.5.2.1024:

https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/7964?b=1&pn=NH.Q6PAL.00B

Tried to download, but I wasn't able to install at all I've clicked on the installer, clicked on next, but then, the installer automatically closes and nothing happens.

Tried to use both of this installers, still nothing

Intel IRST Drivers - Outdated? Windows update installed the wrong version? ade126de-ba8c-4d2d-beb2-b14c5d81ed3f?upload=true.png

Tried to download Intel Driver Support Assistent, but it says the "computer is currently updated"

But something is strange... the driver description states "for 7th/8th generation" but my processor is Intel i5 9300H.

Intel IRST Drivers - Outdated? Windows update installed the wrong version? 60b8192c-bc8a-4d7b-a12d-4757ebc75d4c?upload=true.png

Am I using the wrong version of the driver?

Or perharps it is just a mistake on the Acer's website?

:)

RodrigoAlbuquerqueSCR, Apr 1, 2021

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Intel IRST Drivers - Outdated? Windows update installed the wrong version?

windows 10 mcpc drivers outdated

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you download latest drivers from Manufacturer's Website.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand respective driver. (The driver which was stated to be outdated.)
    • Right-click on the driver and
      select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's Website and download the latest driver.
    • Once the download is complete, run the setup file and install the software.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.
    • Restart the computer and check
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Intel IRST Drivers - Outdated? Windows update installed the wrong version?

1. Intel IRST Drivers - Outdated? Windows update installed the wrong version? - Similar Threads - Intel IRST Drivers

2. Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver: Hi,I have an Intel i5-11600K processor with integrated graphics of UHD 750, I have installed the latest graphics driver from the intel drivers site of version 31.0.101.3802.But the windows update was installing the older version of the graphics driver of version -...
  3. Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver: Hi,I have an Intel i5-11600K processor with integrated graphics of UHD 750, I have installed the latest graphics driver from the intel drivers site of version 31.0.101.3802.But the windows update was installing the older version of the graphics driver of version -...
  4. Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows update reverting graphics driver to outdated version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update reverting graphics driver to outdated version: Hi there!Every couple of days, no matter how often I update my graphics driver AMD adrenaline 2022 windows will "update" it to an older version AMD adrenaline 2021 when I turn my laptop on. Anyone know what the issue is?I don't particularly want to disable updates in general...
  6. Windows update reverting graphics driver to outdated version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update reverting graphics driver to outdated version: Hi there!Every couple of days, no matter how often I update my graphics driver AMD adrenaline 2022 windows will "update" it to an older version AMD adrenaline 2021 when I turn my laptop on. Anyone know what the issue is?I don't particularly want to disable updates in general...
  7. Windows update reverting graphics driver to outdated version

8. Outdated Intel drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Outdated Intel drivers: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X220, with an Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 video card. However, according to Intel, the graphics card is discontinued as of June 24, 2016. The drivers for this card are over 1000 days old. Are there any alternative drivers I can get for this, I'm...
  9. Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) drivers for Windows 10 Install

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) drivers for Windows 10 Install: It's been a little while but if I don't find a resolution for an Unknown Device error that is affecting a laptop, I may resort to a clean install. I know that if my BIOS is set to RAID, when I go to do a clean install of Windows, it will prompt me for RAID drivers during...
  10. Locating IRST Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Locating IRST Drivers: Has anyone found IRST drivers that work in Windows 10? I attempted to install 14.5.0.1081 WHQL and 14.0.0.1143 WHQL but it said, "This platform is not supported." Recommendations? 9283