Windows 10: Intel launches Windows Modern Drivers for Windows 10

Discus and support Intel launches Windows Modern Drivers for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Intel has announced its own Windows Modern Drivers for Windows 10 as Microsoft appears to be changing the way the operating system works with hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 29, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Intel launches Windows Modern Drivers for Windows 10

Intel has announced its own Windows Modern Drivers for Windows 10 as Microsoft appears to be changing the way the operating system works with hardware drivers.

Intel says that Microsoft recommends Windows Modern Drivers for Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 Update) and to meet the requirements, Intel will begin rolling out the new Windows Modern Drivers this month.

What is Windows Modern Drivers?

Windows Modern Drivers also known as Universal Windows Drivers enable developers (such as Intel) to create a single driver package that would run on multiple form factors including desktop, tablet and future devices.

The Universal drivers can be rolled out via the built-in Windows Update or the customers can download it from Intel or manufacturer’s website.

The WMDs (Windows Modern Drivers) is another attempt to improve the experience across various hardware. The chipmaker maker such as Intel can develop a modern driver that can be released to the machines.

The OEMs are still allowed to customize the WMD for their devices. However, Microsoft would be able to test base drivers on compatible Windows 10 hardware.

“Because a base driver can be used across all systems that share a hardware part, Microsoft can test the base driver broadly via Windows Insider flighting, rather than limiting distribution to specific machines,” Microsoft explains in a support document.

Intel Windows Modern Drivers for Windows 10

Intel says it will be delivering Modern Windows Drivers today and these drivers can be installed on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update or newer.

It’s worth noting that the new modern drivers will replace the current drivers, which are now termed as legacy.

There is no need to worry about anything as Intel and Microsoft have worked together to make this transition seamless. Intel version 25.20.100.6444 is the first WMD or UWD based drivers and it’s available for download via Intel’s website.

Intel Graphics Driver UWD version 25.20.100.6444 is available for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, Windows 10 April 2018 Update and Windows 10 October 2018 Update.

This new version of Intel Graphics Driver is based on UWD or WMD, and these drivers are not backwards compatible with the previous graphics drivers which are not considered Legacy.

For whatever reasons, if you decide to revert to a Legacy driver, you would need to uninstall the new drivers via Windows Apps and Features setting and reboot the system. “Failure to do so may result in minor to catastrophic issues on your system as well as system instability,” Intel warns.

Intel also notes that you should not use Have Disk or the INF file to install the latest drivers.

As always, you can use Intel Driver & Support Assistant (Intel DSA) to download and install the latest drivers for Intel products on compatible drivers.

If you want to grab the new Intel Modern Driver and install it manually, head to the Intel’s website.

What’s new in Intel Graphics Driver 25.20.100.6444

Intel Graphics Driver 25.20.100.6444 comes with several new changes and improvements. This update adds support for 12 new games including Fry Cry 4 and introduces some new features listed below:

• It comes with Automatic Game Tuning Feature
    • If you use OpenGL, the RAM consumption will now be lower.
    • The battery life has been improved and it’s noticeable only when you use Display Refresh Rate Switching (DRRS) on supported monitors.
    • The update introduces stability improvements for Vulkan Driver.

The update has fixed bunch of issues. For example, a bug where Windows Advanced Display Settings may show incorrect bit-depth on some primary monitors has been addressed and you will no longer see the inaccurate colours.

The post Intel launches Windows Modern Drivers for Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel launches Windows Modern Drivers for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Intel launches Modern

2. Intel Inc Released Modern Graphics Driver DCH_WHQL_BETA_driver_v30.0.101.3109 For Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Inc Released Modern Graphics Driver DCH_WHQL_BETA_driver_v30.0.101.3109 For Windows...: On 13-06-2022 Intel inc has released DCH WHQL beta driver v30.0.101.3109 On 14-06-2022 I successfully installed this version driver via a special method on Windows 11 64bit Enterprise edition 21H2 build no 22000.708P Highlights of this driver version::01 Intel® Game On Driver...
  3. INTEL RELEASED SIXTEENTH MODERN GRAPHICS DRIVER DCH_IGCC_WHQL_26.20.100.7463 FOR WINDOWS 10...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    INTEL RELEASED SIXTEENTH MODERN GRAPHICS DRIVER DCH_IGCC_WHQL_26.20.100.7463 FOR WINDOWS 10...: On 14-11-2019 Intel inc released sixteenth modern graphics drivers (UMD_IGCC) v26.20.100.7463 only for windows 10 64bit. Supported OS versions:: Microsoft Windows® 10-64 - Fall Creators Update (1709) Microsoft Windows® 10-64 - April 2018 Update (1803) Microsoft...
  4. INTEL RELEASED ELEVENTH MODERN GRAPHICS DRIVER DCH_IGCC_WHQL_26.20.100.7000 FOR WINDOWS 10...

INTEL RELEASED ELEVENTH MODERN GRAPHICS DRIVER DCH_IGCC_WHQL_26.20.100.7000 FOR WINDOWS 10...: On 01-08-2019 Intel inc released tenth modern graphics drivers (UMD_IGCC) v26.20.100.6912 only for windows 10 64bit Supported OS versions:: Microsoft Windows® 10-64 - Fall Creators Update (1709) Microsoft Windows® 10-64 - April 2018 Update (1803) Microsoft Windows® 10-64 -...
  5. INTEL RELEASED SEVENTH MODERN GRAPHICS DRIVER DCH_IGCC_WHQL_26.20.100.6861 FOR WINDOWS 10...

INTEL RELEASED SEVENTH MODERN GRAPHICS DRIVER DCH_IGCC_WHQL_26.20.100.6861 FOR WINDOWS 10...: On 15-05-2019 Intel inc released eighth modern graphics drivers (UMD_IGCC) v26.20.100.6861 only for windows 10 64bit Supported OS versions:: Microsoft Windows® 10-64 - Fall Creators Update (1709) Microsoft Windows® 10-64 - April 2018 Update (1803) Microsoft Windows® 10-64...
  6. INTEL RELEASED SEVENTH MODERN GRAPHICS DRIVER DCH_IGCC_WHQL_26.20.100.6709 FOR WINDOWS 10...

INTEL RELEASED SEVENTH MODERN GRAPHICS DRIVER DCH_IGCC_WHQL_26.20.100.6709 FOR WINDOWS 10...: On 18-04-2019 Intel inc released seventh modern graphics drivers (UMD_IGCC) v26.20.100.6709 only for windows 10 64bit Supported OS versions:: Microsoft Windows® 10-64 - Fall Creators Update (1709) Microsoft Windows® 10-64 - April 2018 Update (1803) Microsoft Windows® 10-64...
  7. Intel’s Windows 10 Modern Driver version 25.20.100.6471 released

in Windows 10 News
    Intel’s Windows 10 Modern Driver version 25.20.100.6471 released: Back in November, Intel confirmed that it will delivery Windows Modern Drivers to the supported devices and the old versions, which won’t be discontinued, will be considered legacy drivers. Intel says Windows Modern Driver provides optimizations aimed at UWP apps and the...
  8. Updated Intel Modern Drivers

Updated Intel Modern Drivers: Running Intel Graphics 5500 on an older Toshiba.1809 does not run right so back on 1803.If this is a graphics issue how will Intel or Microsoft fix it.Are they going to make more drivers available or am I out of luck....
  9. What are Intel Modern Windows Drivers for Graphics

in Windows 10 News
    What are Intel Modern Windows Drivers for Graphics: [ATTACH] Microsoft not only initiated Universal Windows Apps, but it also brought the same concept to Drivers as well. It started with Universal Audio Architecture to standardize class driver architecture for audio. Fast forward today, a lot of OEM have now [...] This post...
  10. Intel introduces Windows Modern Drivers for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Intel introduces Windows Modern Drivers for Windows 10: What is changing? Microsoft is changing the way that hardware drivers work on the Universal Windows Platform (UWP), Windows® 10 (and later), and Microsoft Windows* Server 2019 (and later). Hardware running on these operating systems can use Windows Modern Drivers (also known...