Windows 10: intel management and security application local management service won't start windows 10?

Discus and support intel management and security application local management service won't start windows 10? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Edition Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 OS build 19042.685 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 Processor IntelR CoreTM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChrisGolton, Dec 27, 2020.

1. intel management and security application local management service won't start windows 10?

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 20H2

OS build 19042.685

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming

Hi, when I try to start the service I get the following message:

"Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified." - Event ID: 7000

Details:

EventData

param1IntelR Management and Security Application Local Management Service
    param2%%2
    4C004D0053000000

I saw a similar question and they mentioned Certificates and common.dll, but I have no common.dll in the LMS directory

Any help or advice?

Many thanks and stay safe.

:)

ChrisGolton, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Do I Need Intel Security Assist & Other Services?

I recently clean installed W10 on my laptop. I noticed the program Intel Security Assist was installed with the Intel motherboard drivers and the following services are running:

• Intel Security Assist
    • Intel Security Assist Helper
    • Intel Content Protection HECI Service
    • Intel Capability Licensing Service TCP/IP Interface
    • Intel Management and Security Application Local Management Service

I'm wondering what all these services do, whether I really need them and if I can disable some? Please advise. I don't need any remote Intel services - only to use the Intel graphics, Intel WiFi adapter and Intel Series 8 motherboard.

Steve C, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

This is all i could save. I dont know if people can see what I can in the Wiki, but I got this article the others he deleted b4 he posted them in the wiki and i dont have the powers even in my sections to bring them back...perhaps a back up but Im not sure we have one ill go see. He did a damn good job at making sure nothing of his existed after he left...Im at school but when i get home ill email him and see if i can get him back im not done fighting yet.-Solaris17

Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO
    I went at ALL of the services in Windows Server 2003 (some will not be in XP for instance, & Windows 2000 has no NETWORK SERVICE or LOCAL SERVICE as far as I know, but not sure, you can always make a limited privelege user too for this on 2000 if needed)...

I did testing to see which services could be run/logged in as LOCAL SERVICE, or NETWORK SERVICE, rather than the default of LOCAL SYSTEM (which means Operating System entity level privileges - which CAN be "misused" by various spyware/malware/virus exploits).

LOCAL SERVICE startable list (vs. LocalSystem Logon Default):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Acronis Scheduler 2 Service
    Alerter (needs Workstation Service Running)
    COM+ System Application
    GHOST
    Indexing Service
    NVIDIA Display Driver Service
    Office Source Engine
    O&O Clever Cache
    Remote Registry
    Sandra Service
    Sandra Data Service
    SmartCard
    Tcp/IP NetBIOS Helper
    Telnet
    UserProfile Hive Cleanup Service
    Volume Shadowing Service
    Windows UserMode Drivers
    Windows Image Acquisition
    WinHTTP Proxy AutoDiscovery Service
    NETWORK SERVICE startable list (vs. LocalSystem Logon Default):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASP.NET State Service
    Application Layer Gateway
    Clipbook (needs Network DDE & Network DDE DSDM)
    Microsoft Shadow Copy Provider
    Executive Software Undelete
    DNS Client
    DHCP Client
    Error Reporting
    FileZilla Server
    Machine Debug Manager
    Merger
    NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing Service
    Network DDE
    Network DDE DSDM
    PDEngine (Raxco PerfectDisk)
    Performance Logs & Alerts
    RPC
    Remote Desktop Help Session Manager Service
    Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental MS service)
    Resultant Set of Policies Provider
    SAV Roam
    Symantec LiveUpdate
    Visual Studio 2005 Remote Debug
    PLEASE NOTE: Each service uses a BLANK password when reassigning their logon entity (when you change it from the default of LOCAL SYSTEM Account), because they use SID's as far as I know, not standard passwords.

WHEN YOU TEST THIS, AFTER RESETTING THE LOGON USER ENTITY EACH SERVICE USES: Just run your system awhile, & if say, Norton Antivirus refuses to update, or run right? You KNOW you set it wrong... say, if one you test that I do NOT list won't run as LOCAL SERVICE? Try NETWORK SERVICE instead... if that fails? YOU ARE STUCK USING LOCAL SYSTEM!

If you cannot operate properly while changing the security logon entity context of a service (should NOT happen w/ 3rd party services, & this article shows you which ones can be altered safely)?

Boot to "Safe Mode", & reset that service's logon entity back to LOCAL SYSTEM again & accept it cannot do this security technique is all... it DOES happen!

If that fails? There are commands in the "Recovery Console" (installed from your Windows installation CD as a bootup option while in Windows using this commandline -> D:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons, where D is your CD-Rom driveletter (substitute in your dvd/cd driveletter for D of course)) of:

ListSvc (shows services & drivers states of stopped or started)

Enable (starts up a service &/or driver)

Disable (stops a server &/or driver)

Which can turn them back on if/when needed

Last edited by APK on 03/04/2007
    I.E. -> I removed Telephony, Symantec AntiVirus, & Virtual Disk Service!

(ON Virtual Disk Service being removed, specifically: This was done solely because, although it will run as LOCAL SERVICE, diskmgmt.msc will not be able to work! Even though the Logical Disk Manager service does not list VirtualDisk as a dependency, this occurs, so VirtualDisk service was pulled from BOTH the LOCAL SERVICE and NETWORK SERVICE lists here... apk)

SECURING SERVICES @ THE ACL LEVEL VIA A SECURITY POLICY HOW-TO:

STEP #1: CONFIGURE A CUSTOM Microsoft Management Console for this!

Configuring yourself a "CUSTOM MMC.EXE (Microsoft Mgt. Console)" setup for security policy templates, here is how (these are NOT default Computer Mgt. tools, so you have to do this yourself, or run them by themselves, but this makes working w/ them convenient):

===============================================================
    The next part's per BelArcGuy of BELARC ADVISOR's advice (pun intended):
    ==============================================
    Anyone want to try a test CompletelyBonkers (new user here) turned me onto?

"Security Configuration and Analysis" is an MMC snap-in. To access the MMC, type in mmc to the Windows Run.. command to pop up the console. Then use it's File|Add/Remove Snap-in... command and click the Add button on the resulting dialog. Choose both "Security Configuration and Analysis" and "Security Templates", close that dialog, and OK. You'll end up with a management console that has both of those snap-ins enabled. The whole MMC mechanism is a bit weird, but does work"

(It's easy, & it works, & is necessary for the actual steps to do this, below)

(Next, is the actual "meat" of what we need to do, per Microsoft, to set ACLs)

STEP #2: HOW TO: Define Security Templates By Using the Security Templates Snap-In in Windows Server 2003

Define Security Templates By Using the Security Templates Snap-In - Windows Server

Create and Define a New Security Template

(To define a new security template, follow these steps)

1. In the console tree, expand Security Templates. 2. Right-click %SystemRoot%\Security\Templates, and then click New Template. 3. In the Template name box, type a name for the new template.

(If you want, you can type a description in the Description box, and then click OK)

The new security template appears in the list of security templates. Note that the security settings for this template are not yet defined. When you expand the new security template in the console tree, expand each component of the template, and then double-click each security setting that is contained in that component, a status of Not Defined appears in the Computer Setting column.

1. To define a System Services policy, follow these steps: a. Expand System Services. b. In the right pane, double-click the service that you want to configure. c. Specify the options that you want, and then click OK.

)
    APK (added 03/08/2007)

Alec§taar, Dec 27, 2020
  4. DChamp95 Win User

intel management and security application local management service won't start windows 10?

Windows Management Services *NOT WORKING*

After I updated to Windows 10, I have been unable to start my Security Center. I know this program has dependencies: Remote Procedure Call (RPC/RPCSS) and Windows Management Services (WINMGMT). I believe, if I can get Windows Management Services to
    start, my Security Center will start. Here is the status of the two dependencies:

RPCSS is on

Windows Management Services is off

This is what I have done to try to fix the issue:

1. Services:

• Security Center
    • right click - start - FAILED " Error 1068: The Dependency service or group failed to start. "
    • right click - properties - startup type: Automatic
    • Apply - OK - right click - start - FAILED " Error 1068: The Dependency service or group failed to start. "
    2. Services:

• Windows Management Services
    • right click - start - FAILED - "Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified."
    • right click - properties - startup type: Automatic
    • right click - start - FAILED - "Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified."
    3. Downloaded WMIDiag

• Results:
    RPCSS service: ...................................................................................................... OK (Already started).

WINMGMT service: .................................................................................................... Failed to start.

• Ran the recommended changes through command.

I cannot seem to fix this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.

DChamp95, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

intel management and security application local management service won't start windows 10?

1. intel management and security application local management service won't start windows 10? - Similar Threads - intel management security

2. intelR Management and security Application Local Management unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intelR Management and security Application Local Management unplugged: I'm using easy driver and it tells me that "intelR Management and security Application Local Management" is "unplugged" how can I update it?...
  3. intelR Management and security Application Local Management unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intelR Management and security Application Local Management unplugged: I'm using easy driver and it tells me that "intelR Management and security Application Local Management" is "unplugged" how can I update it?...
  4. Windows secure application manager and Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows secure application manager and Edge: Hello.We need to use WSAM to access to one of our clients.We used internet explorer to access this client VPN, but since last week IE closes automatically and opens Edge.And with Edge the WSAM never connects.We have changed the compatibility options in Edge settings and tried...
  5. Windows secure application manager and Edge

Windows secure application manager and Edge: Hello.We need to use WSAM to access to one of our clients.We used internet explorer to access this client VPN, but since last week IE closes automatically and opens Edge.And with Edge the WSAM never connects.We have changed the compatibility options in Edge settings and tried...
  6. Why won't Intel Management Engine Interface start in device manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Intel Management Engine Interface start in device manager?: In device manager it shows an explanation mark.The device cannot start. Code 10An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.This was installed after a PC Reset. Intel product signed Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher.Driver Date is 7/7/2015 Version...
  7. Why won't Intel Management Engine Interface start in device manager?

Why won't Intel Management Engine Interface start in device manager?: In device manager it shows an explanation mark.The device cannot start. Code 10An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.This was installed after a PC Reset. Intel product signed Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher.Driver Date is 7/7/2015 Version...
  8. Why won't Intel Management Engine Interface start in device manager?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Windows Secure Application Manager

Windows Secure Application Manager: Hi, I am having issues with Windows Secure Application Manager Version=8.1.15.59747. Currently running it on Windows 10 OEM Pro, the problem i have is when i start the application it quickly stops my internet leaving me unable to load any webpages, i then have to restart...
  10. Why Local Sessions Manager starts or not starts

Why Local Sessions Manager starts or not starts: I wonder why Local Sessions Manager starts up on some particular Windows 10 laptops and don’t want to start on the others? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-local-sessions-manager-starts-or-not-starts/626cf52e-fed8-44c0-ad15-57d976984689