Windows 10: Intel Management Engine Interface - Code 10 device cannot start error

Discus and support Intel Management Engine Interface - Code 10 device cannot start error in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am just following up on a problem that I have been having and have recently fixed. First, the problem is that in device manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DanielAttali, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Intel Management Engine Interface - Code 10 device cannot start error

Hello everyone,

I am just following up on a problem that I have been having and have recently fixed. First, the problem is that in device manager Intel management engine interface had an error saying Code 10 device cannot start. As well as this when waking from sleep the computer would cycle twice before actually waking up. This would result in longer wake times.

My solution to the problem is replacing the CMOS battery with a new CR2032 3 volt battery. This completely removes the error from the Intel management engine interface, and solves the cycling during wake.

The CMOS battery is on the motherboard and it looks like this.

Hope this helps all the other forum posts that are struggling with this issue.

:)

DanielAttali, Mar 3, 2019
  2. DiegoTrd Win User

Intel Management Engine Interface -This device cannot start. (Code 10) - STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Hi Martin,

I followed the steps you mentioned, but the Intel Management Engine Interface in Device Manager, continue to have an exclamation sign.

And in Device Status continue to appear:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

The laptop is a MSI GT80 2QE Titan SLI. In their webpage (Support For GT80 2QE Titan SLI | Laptops - The best gaming laptop provider | MSI Global 64), they put version 11.0.0.1146 as the driver for
    Intel Management Engine for Windows 10 64bit, I downloaded, but was not able to install it.

Right now it has version 11.0.5.1189.

What else could I try?

Thanks

DiegoTrd, Mar 3, 2019
  3. DiegoTrd Win User
    Intel Management Engine Interface -This device cannot start. (Code 10) - STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Hi Martin,

I followed those steps, now it says "The best drivers for your device are already installed"

I also runned the troubleshooter from the link (https://support.microsoft.)

But it "fix" the problem, then restart the computer. But the problem still persist.

I runned it various times.

The Intel Management Engine Interface in Device Manager, continue to have an exclamation sign.

And in Device Status continue to say:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

What else could I try?

Thanks

DiegoTrd, Mar 3, 2019
  4. DiegoTrd Win User

Intel Management Engine Interface - Code 10 device cannot start error

Hi,

The laptop has Windows 10 Home, when putting it to sleep, it shuts down instead. And the Intel Management Engine Interface in Device Manager, has an exclamation sign.

In Intel Management Engine Interface, device status it says:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Driver version: 11.0.5.1189

(the Roll Back Driver button is not available to click)

I already tried updating that driver, and updated windows 10.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Moved from: indows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC

DiegoTrd, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Intel Management Engine Interface - Code 10 device cannot start error

1. Intel Management Engine Interface - Code 10 device cannot start error - Similar Threads - Intel Management Engine

2. Why won't Intel Management Engine Interface start in device manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Intel Management Engine Interface start in device manager?: In device manager it shows an explanation mark.The device cannot start. Code 10An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.This was installed after a PC Reset. Intel product signed Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher.Driver Date is 7/7/2015 Version...
  3. Why won't Intel Management Engine Interface start in device manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't Intel Management Engine Interface start in device manager?: In device manager it shows an explanation mark.The device cannot start. Code 10An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.This was installed after a PC Reset. Intel product signed Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher.Driver Date is 7/7/2015 Version...
  4. Why won't Intel Management Engine Interface start in device manager?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Intel Management Engine Interface Driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Management Engine Interface Driver: I needed to flatten and re-install Windows 10 64bit earlier this week due to a virus. I am seeing the following issue in Device Manager regardingIntel Management Engine Interface Driver. I went to the INTEL support page and downloaded and tried to install 2 separate files...
  6. Intel(r) management engine interface

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel(r) management engine interface: Is it safe to disable Intel(r) management engine interface in order to stop battery drain ? submitted by /u/ericbernatchez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fyf6mc/intelr_management_engine_interface/
  7. Error Code 10: This device cannot start. For Intel® Management Engine Interface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error Code 10: This device cannot start. For Intel® Management Engine Interface: Recently i opened up my performance monitor on my PC to see if anything was wrong just out of curiosity and i stumbled upon one of my drivers the Intel(R) Management Engine Interface cannot start. The cause "A device has a configuration problem that prevents it from starting...
  8. Intel(R) Management Engine Interface. This device cannot start. (Code 10) The I/O device...

Intel(R) Management Engine Interface. This device cannot start. (Code 10) The I/O device...: Recently i opened up my performance monitor on my PC to see if anything was wrong just out of curiosity and i stumbled upon one of my drivers the Intel(R) Management Engine Interface cannot start. The cause "A device has a configuration problem that prevents it from starting...
  9. Intel management engine interface - Error code 10 - can i disable the device safely?

Intel management engine interface - Error code 10 - can i disable the device safely?: Hello! I have windows 10 pro 1903 on a desktop pc. Since at least 1803 I have a problem with "Intel management engine interface" listed as a system device. The error reads: This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE Automatic Driver update does not...
  10. Intel management engine interface code 10 error (STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel management engine interface code 10 error (STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE): Hello, I am running Windows 10 in my computer. When I tried to wake up my PC (by moving the mouse) from sleep mode, the PC shuts down and rebooted itself. In a normal circumstance, after I move the mouse, the PC prompted me the login screen almost immediately....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel management engine cannot start

2. intel management interface driver code 10

3. intel management engine class 10 error

4. management engine interface エラーコード10,
  5. intel management engine interface code 10 solved,
  6. intel management engine interface cant start,
  7. intel management engine code 10,
  8. management interface engine code 10,
  9. This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE,
  10. IntelManagement Engine Interface problem This device cannot start. (Code 10),
  11. power failure intel management,
  12. Intel Management Interface engine code 10 failure