Windows 10: Intel Management Engine Vulnerability and Surface Devices

Discus and support Intel Management Engine Vulnerability and Surface Devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is aware of the Intel Management Engine vulnerability (Intel-SA-00086). The Intel vulnerability detection tool currently lists Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Intel Management Engine Vulnerability and Surface Devices

Source: Intel Management Engine Vulnerability and Surface Devices Surface

:)

Brink, Dec 11, 2017
  2. Gastaroll Win User

Installed Windows 10 & my computer won't wake up

I managed to solve the issue by opening "intel management engine interface" under:

device manager -> system devices -> Intel(R) management engine interface -> properties -> power management and then remove the tick under "allow this device to turn......".

It worked for me.

Gastaroll, Dec 11, 2017
  3. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown or restart properly

I have disabled the Intel Management Engine from device manager and now the problem is solved my laptop shutdowns, restarts, hibernate and recovers from sleep mode properly you should also try it.

Device manager > System devices > Intel management Engine.

born_confused_mad, Dec 11, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

As a Surface user.....thought for a moment reading the misleading title....the need to purchase extra toilet rolls.....but having read the article with an M$ explanation that it should not effect Surface products.

dencal, Dec 11, 2017
  5. EdTittel Win User
    This particular vulnerability has proved more "interesting" than previous ones. That's because vulnerable devices REQUIRE a firmware update to patch them. Just went through this on my Asrock motherboards, as recited in a recent blog post: More MEI Weirdness - Windows Enterprise Desktop. Not hard to fix, by any stretch, but demanded daily check-ins on my part and some flailing about when trying to implement the fix.
    Thanks for sharing, Brink. Happy holidays, too!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel Management Engine Vulnerability and Surface Devices - Similar Threads - Intel Management Engine

2. Why won't Intel Management Engine Interface start in device manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Intel Management Engine Interface start in device manager?: In device manager it shows an explanation mark.The device cannot start. Code 10An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.This was installed after a PC Reset. Intel product signed Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher.Driver Date is 7/7/2015 Version...
  3. Why won't Intel Management Engine Interface start in device manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't Intel Management Engine Interface start in device manager?: In device manager it shows an explanation mark.The device cannot start. Code 10An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.This was installed after a PC Reset. Intel product signed Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher.Driver Date is 7/7/2015 Version...
  4. Why won't Intel Management Engine Interface start in device manager?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Uninstall Intel Management Engine Components

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall Intel Management Engine Components: I have recently checked that "Intel Management Engine Components" Actually an app is taking up about 432MB, should I uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-intel-management-engine-components/befdb09a-1992-4397-8a92-852668fcbaf5
  6. intel management engine not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    intel management engine not working: Intel R management not working and my laptop shuts down by itself after 20 mins. Ive tried updating, it said its in the newest version i tried uninstalling and deleting and it still doesnt work. Laptop still shuts down. Ive tried getting cleaning the insides for dusting...
  7. Intel Management Engine Interface Driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Management Engine Interface Driver: I needed to flatten and re-install Windows 10 64bit earlier this week due to a virus. I am seeing the following issue in Device Manager regardingIntel Management Engine Interface Driver. I went to the INTEL support page and downloaded and tried to install 2 separate files...
  8. driver Intel Management Engine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    driver Intel Management Engine: in windows update ... drive and install ..show this drive Intel - System - 4/12/2017 12:00:00 AM - 14.28.47.630 after download .. show blue screen please remove this drive of windows update ... drive and install Dump File : 100320-24000-01.dmp Crash Time :...
  9. Intel Management Engine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Management Engine: What is Intel Management Engine Components. I have a Dell Precision Tower 7910 and Laptop Precision 7710. they have the Intel Management Engine Components installed. I am running Win 10. I am not on a corporate network. The Intel Management Engine Components also installs...
  10. Intel AMT Vulnerability and Surface Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Intel AMT Vulnerability and Surface Devices: In the beginning of May, Intel announced that a vulnerability had been detected in their Intel® Active Management Technology (AMT), available in many of their processors and chipsets including some processors and chipsets used in the Surface device lineup. You can read more...