Windows 10: Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark

Discus and support Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I asked this in another thread but I think it got lost in there! I have an issue with Intel MEI in the sense that often it has an exclamation mark... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by imacken, Feb 26, 2021.

1. imacken Win User

Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark

I asked this in another thread but I think it got lost in there!

I have an issue with Intel MEI in the sense that often it has an exclamation mark against it in DM.
    I am not sure which are the correct drivers to install as there seems to be so many out there.

There are at least 3 obvious ones - 1) the ones installed by Windows, 2) the ones on the Intel site and 3) the ones on the ASUS support site (recently updated) for my motherboard.and I'm sure there are others.
    I have had BSOD issues and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the MEI drivers, as when I have 1) above installed, then I occasionally have a problem. Since installing/uninstalling various, I currently have the ASUS version installed. They are 2047.100.0.1039 and are newer than any of the others.
    The good news is that I haven't had a problem since I installed them, however, the bad news is that I have an exclamation mark in Device Manager as you can see from the attached image. I can get rid of that by going into properties for the device, uninstalling and rebooting. However, the exclamation mark comes back some time later. Installing a different (older) set of MEI drivers, i.e. 2) above, also removes the exclamation mark, if I do that, the BSOD issue tends to come back. So, I don't know what to do!As always, any help appreciated.

Windows 10 20H2 19042.804

:)

imacken, Feb 26, 2021

2. Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark

Which one do you think matters, an exclamation mark or a BSOD?
    I don't care about the exclamation marks.

Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark [​IMG]

Matthew Wai, Feb 26, 2021
  3. imacken Win User

I asked this in another thread but I think it got lost in there!

I have an issue with Intel MEI in the sense that often it has an exclamation mark against it in DM.
    I am not sure which are the correct drivers to install as there seems to be so many out there.

There are at least 3 obvious ones - 1) the ones installed by Windows, 2) the ones on the Intel site and 3) the ones on the ASUS support site (recently updated) for my motherboard.and I'm sure there are others.
    I have had BSOD issues and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the MEI drivers, as when I have 1) above installed, then I occasionally have a problem. Since installing/uninstalling various, I currently have the ASUS version installed. They are 2047.100.0.1039 and are newer than any of the others.
    The good news is that I haven't had a problem since I installed them, however, the bad news is that I have an exclamation mark in Device Manager as you can see from the attached image. I can get rid of that by going into properties for the device, uninstalling and rebooting. However, the exclamation mark comes back some time later. Installing a different (older) set of MEI drivers, i.e. 2) above, also removes the exclamation mark, if I do that, the BSOD issue tends to come back. So, I don't know what to do!As always, any help appreciated.

Windows 10 20H2 19042.804

imacken, Feb 26, 2021
  4. imacken Win User

Thanks. I know what you mean, but still, an exclamation mark to me means that a device isn’t working correctly.
    At the moment, I have uninstalled Intel MEI completely and I can’t see any difference. Is there an overwhelming reason to put it back in?

imacken, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark - Similar Threads - Intel MEI Device

2. Device Manager exclamation mark for Universal Device Client Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Manager exclamation mark for Universal Device Client Device: On my Lenovo IdeaPad I noticed today that the 'Universal Device Client Device' driver has an exclamation mark. What is this driver and what do I need to? I press update but it says there's no available update. I can roll back the driver and then update it again, is that a...
  3. Device Manager exclamation mark for Universal Device Client Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Manager exclamation mark for Universal Device Client Device: On my Lenovo IdeaPad I noticed today that the 'Universal Device Client Device' driver has an exclamation mark. What is this driver and what do I need to? I press update but it says there's no available update. I can roll back the driver and then update it again, is that a...
  4. Device Manager exclamation mark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Manager exclamation mark: Hey, i just put together a new system, updated drivers/chipsets etc whatnot from the ASUS site but there's still one device that's not recognized.Other device Unknown DeviceMotherboard is asus z790-h gaming wifii7 13700k cpuDevice instance path: ACPI\INTC1085\2&DABA3FF&0...
  5. Device Manager exclamation mark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Manager exclamation mark: Hey, i just put together a new system, updated drivers/chipsets etc whatnot from the ASUS site but there's still one device that's not recognized.Other device Unknown DeviceMotherboard is asus z790-h gaming wifii7 13700k cpuDevice instance path: ACPI\INTC1085\2&DABA3FF&0...
  6. In Device Manager it shows a little triangle with an exclamation mark in next to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Device Manager it shows a little triangle with an exclamation mark in next to the...: In Device Manager it shows a little triangle with an exclamation mark in next to the device. When I try to update the driver it says: the best driver software for your device is already installed but the its showing yellow triangle plz help...
  7. Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark: I asked this in another thread but I think it got lost in there! I have an issue with Intel MEI in the sense that often it has an exclamation mark against it in DM. I am not sure which are the correct drivers to install as there seems to be so many out there. There are at...
  8. device manager yellow exclamation mark

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    device manager yellow exclamation mark: Hi when i turn on my device manager my display adapter has an exclamation mark i click on it so i have intel hd 4000 it has exclamation mark when i clcik on update driver it says i have latest drive and when i double click it it says working properly so what is the problem?...
  9. yellow exclamation mark device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    yellow exclamation mark device manager: I installed 1903 win 10 home now in device manager pci other device has yellow mark I have already installed chipset software it was not there in 1809 version 140644
  10. yellow exclamation mark device manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    yellow exclamation mark device manager: I installed 1903 win 10 home now in device manager pci other device has yellow mark I have already installed chipset software it was not there in 1809 version 140644