Windows 10: Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

Discus and support Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on this PC. It's a fairly old system, and I have had to buy a used motherboard to replace my last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GraysonTheGray, Jan 5, 2024.

1. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on this PC. It's a fairly old system, and I have had to buy a used motherboard to replace my last one. I did find a bent pin, but I bent it back, and I dont think it was anything that wasn't redundant. Everything worked fine kinda I did have some MEIx64 errors but no hang ups like now after I installed that mobo and reinstalled windows, then one day everything was super slow so I did a clean install. Fast forward to now, I keep getting an MEIx64 error 3 kind of around the same time. Around 2pm and again around 9pm. Specifically this :"The de

:)

GraysonTheGray, Jan 5, 2024

2. Win 10 hangs on restart and shutdown

No, that's rocket science. I'm posting with 10 already, so the problem was solved two days ago...Thank you.

The Windows 7 shutdown screen simply decided to hang and I finally did a hard shutdown and started it up again, after which it was painless.

required name required as well, Jan 5, 2024
  3. Martin_TP Win User
    Win 10 hangs on restart and shutdown

If your HP Pavilion has a fingerprint reader, you need to disable it. In my case fingerprint reader and system service for this device caused Windows 10 to hang on shutdown or restart (Blue screen with “Restarting” or “Shutting down” message and dots
    circling around. After some time dots freeze and system hangs). I assume you have the same problem with Windows 10 and HP Pavilion.

To fix this issue after installing Windows 10 go to:

• Computer Management > Device Manager
    Find "Biometric devices" and disable "Validity Sensors (WBF) ....."

• Computer Management > Services and Applications > Services
    Find "Validity WBF Policy Service", disable this service and change "Startup type" in properties to "Disabled".

For the first time after this change system can hang up again. Turn off the computer (power switch) and turn on again. Now Windows should restart and shutdown properly.

Martin_TP, Jan 5, 2024
  4. YZSCT Win User

Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

Putting PC to sleep causes restart

Hi all, I've been running into an issue where choosing "Sleep" on my PC causes it to crash and restart. The three logs I keep getting in Event Viewer are:

• Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000D4.
    • The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    • The previous system shutdown at 2:44:52 PM on ‎5/‎8/‎2022 was unexpected.
    I've tried a ton of different things, flashing BIOS, all sorts of power options changes suggested on this forum, etc, but have not been able to figure out the source of this issue. I recently upgraded my RAM from 64GB to 128GB, but the RAM itself is fully functional (I didn't think I needed to do anything special to let my RAM help my PC sleep). Does anyone know what this might be caused by? I have EventViewer logs but the only warning logs are as follows:

• Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection

Network link is disconnected.
    • The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}

and APPID

{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
    • 6062 - Lso was triggered
    • The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Windows.SecurityCenter.SecurityAppBroker

and APPID

Unavailable

to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
    Here are the powercfg /sleepstudy results:

Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep aee7ff38-ef15-407f-8c19-b985785cda27?upload=true.png

This issue has been driving me insane and any help would be greatly appreciated!

YZSCT, Jan 5, 2024
Thema:

Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

1. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep - Similar Threads - Intel MEIx64 Error

2. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on this PC. It's a fairly old system, and I have had to buy a used motherboard to replace my last one. I did find a bent pin, but I bent it back, and I dont think it was anything that wasn't redundant. Everything worked fine...
  3. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on this PC. It's a fairly old system, and I have had to buy a used motherboard to replace my last one. I did find a bent pin, but I bent it back, and I dont think it was anything that wasn't redundant. Everything worked fine...
  4. Had to install new motherboard. Constant Intel MEIx64 Errors causing hangs and slow shut...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had to install new motherboard. Constant Intel MEIx64 Errors causing hangs and slow shut...: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on this PC. It's a fairly old system, and I have had to buy a used motherboard to replace my last one. I did find a bent pin, but I bent it back, and I dont think it was anything that wasn't redundant. Everything worked fine...
  5. Had to install new motherboard. Constant Intel MEIx64 Errors causing hangs and slow shut...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Had to install new motherboard. Constant Intel MEIx64 Errors causing hangs and slow shut...: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on this PC. It's a fairly old system, and I have had to buy a used motherboard to replace my last one. I did find a bent pin, but I bent it back, and I dont think it was anything that wasn't redundant. Everything worked fine...
  6. Putting PC to sleep causes restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Putting PC to sleep causes restart: Hi all, I've been running into an issue where choosing "Sleep" on my PC causes it to crash and restart. The three logs I keep getting in Event Viewer are:Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000D4.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down...
  7. Putting PC to sleep causes restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Putting PC to sleep causes restart: Hi all, I've been running into an issue where choosing "Sleep" on my PC causes it to crash and restart. The three logs I keep getting in Event Viewer are:Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000D4.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down...
  8. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...
  9. Windows hangs on shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows hangs on shutdown/restart: I just built a new PC. Upgraded my Windows license because my free upgrade to Windows 10 was from a Windows 7 OEM, Installed the mobo drivers (as best I could, see below), installed GPU drivers, etc. Issues: 1) Whenever I try and shut down, the system hangs on the blue...
  10. Slow shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow shutdown and restart: I have recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. However, during a shutdown or restart, it takes 2-3 minutes for my computer to perform a fore mentioned. I get the "Shutting Down" or "Restarting" message for an age followed by a "cannot shutdown due to the following apps"...