Windows 10: Intel New Self-Learning Chip Promises to Accelerate AI

Discus and support Intel New Self-Learning Chip Promises to Accelerate AI in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Intel Introduces First-of-Its-Kind Self-Learning Chip: Loihi Neuromorphic Test Chip [img] Imagine a future where complex decisions could be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Intel New Self-Learning Chip Promises to Accelerate AI

Source: Intel’s New Self-Learning Chip Promises to Accelerate Artificial Intelligence | Intel Newsroom

Brink, Sep 25, 2017
  2. Steve C Win User

Self learning algorithms sound fine but how you you trace the rationale for decisions made when something possibly safety critical goes wrong?

:)

Steve C, Sep 25, 2017
  3. Screen goes blank or flickers

Setting the hardware accelerator to software did fix the flicker problem. Windows 10 has a problem with picking up the wrong video driver and that seems to be the real issue here.

Windows 10 starts with Microsoft Standard drivers, then goes online to find updated drivers for video that usually end up being the wrong driver causing problems like black screens or flickering.

Turning off hardware acceleration and using software acceleration slows video response.

The new cpu chips with built in graphics seem to present a problem finding the correct driver (Intel cpu chip with Intel graphics) especially.

Thanks for the help.

drsteve807, Sep 25, 2017
  4. Wt2016 Win User

I updated my graphics card from Intel and it didn't work it still says when I go into the cmd and type dxdiag under display it shows, manufacturer: n/a. Chip type: n/a.

<Original title: Intel chipset b950 overridden>

just upgraded from Windows 7 And I wanted to play a game on my pc. It launched and crashed right away and it poped up with a window saying that the graphics card was not accelerated. It is a Intel pentium cpu b950 @ 2.10GHz (2 CPUs)

I updated my graphics card from Intel and it didn't work it still says when I go into the cmd and type dxdiag under display it shows, manufacturer: n/a. Chip type: n/a. DAC Type: n/a Directdraw acceleration: disabled. Direct3D acceleration: not available.
    And. AGP Texture acceleration: not available

It it worked perfectly in Windows 7 and now it doesn't work at all for what I am trying to do.

Wt2016, Sep 25, 2017
Thema:

1. Intel New Self-Learning Chip Promises to Accelerate AI - Similar Threads - Intel Self Learning

2. Lock Screen "AI" isn't learning

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen "AI" isn't learning: Why does the lock screen image always have the "AI is learning" answer when you choose if you like the photo or not, but then is still as dumb as a box of rocks when it chooses other images? Please Microsoft, can you tell your AI "If a pic has any manmade object in them and...
  3. Lock Screen "AI" isn't learning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen "AI" isn't learning: Why does the lock screen image always have the "AI is learning" answer when you choose if you like the photo or not, but then is still as dumb as a box of rocks when it chooses other images? Please Microsoft, can you tell your AI "If a pic has any manmade object in them and...
  4. Lock Screen "AI" isn't learning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Intel Unveils New Tools in Its Advanced Chip Packaging Toolbox

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Unveils New Tools in Its Advanced Chip Packaging Toolbox: What’s New: This week at SEMICON West in San Francisco, Intel engineering leaders provided an update on Intel’s advanced packaging capabilities and unveiled new building blocks, including innovative uses of EMIB and Foveros together and a new Omni-Directional Interconnect...
  6. Intel Accelerated Storage Manager in Intel RSTe Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Accelerated Storage Manager in Intel RSTe Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00226 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 06/11/2019 Last revised: 06/11/2019 Summary: Potential security vulnerabilities in Intel® Accelerated Storage...
  7. Securing the future of AI and machine learning at Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Securing the future of AI and machine learning at Microsoft: Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are making a big impact on how people work, socialize, and live their lives. As consumption of products and services built around AI and machine learning increases, specialized actions must be undertaken to safeguard not only...
  8. New Intel chip function ..?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Intel chip function ..?: Hi All . I just notice there is an app/or Intel drive call Wake-On-Voice in my laptop , But my Processor is Intel Broadwell core i5-5200u , not Skylake .. ?? I don't know how to set it up either . Any idea ..? Thanks . 51044
  9. Intel Chip Set & Intel Management Engine Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Chip Set & Intel Management Engine Help: Hello as Question title says. I'm having difficulty finding the drivers on the Intel website Support and Drivers menu. Drivers needed: Intel Chipset & Intel Management Engine Im using a Z170 motherboard with an I7 6700K. OS Windows 10 64Bit home edition. Any help...
  10. Intel launched the Intel AI Builders Program

in Windows 10 News
    Intel launched the Intel AI Builders Program: What’s New: Today at the AI O’Reilly NYC Conference, Intel launched the Intel AI Builders Program to provide partners implementing artificial intelligence (AI), with the resources and support they need to accelerate the adoption of their Intel-based AI platforms. “The Intel...