Windows 10: Intel NUC D54250WYK Sleep & HDMI Audio Issues

Discus and support Intel NUC D54250WYK Sleep & HDMI Audio Issues in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all, I have an Intel NUC with the 4th Gen Intel Core i5. It's running the latest public (not Insider) release of Windows 10 x64, with pretty much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by muzicman82, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Intel NUC D54250WYK Sleep & HDMI Audio Issues

Hi all,

I have an Intel NUC with the 4th Gen Intel Core i5. It's running the latest public (not Insider) release of Windows 10 x64, with pretty much nothing but software for a HTPC (VLC, MPC-HC, etc). It is using Intel HD Graphics 5000 driver 20.19.15.4531 and Intel Display Audio driver 6.16.0.3197.

I have two issues. I do not think they are related... but who knows...

First, the system is connected to a Pioneer receiver. When I turn my TV and receiver off, the NUC stays powered on, usually. The problem is that every single time I power on the receiver, I have no audio, even though Intel HDMI Audio is detected and shows playback meters in Playback Devices. Disabling/Enabling the device doesn't fix. The only thing that works is rebooting the system. This didn't used to be a problem, but it has been for so long, I can't remember when it did work. I guess when powering the receiver off, the "HDMI audio hardware" is unmounted and then reinstalled when powered on. But, no audio on detection can't be normal. Any ideas what I need to do? I tried HDMI adapters on both the mDP and the mHDMI ports.

Secondly, every once in a while, the system is going to sleep even though sleep is completely disabled in BIOS and set to NEVER in Windows.

BIOS and drivers are all up to date according to the Intel Update Utility.

I'm no newb to Windows 10, but these two issues are driving me insane.

:)

muzicman82, Oct 9, 2017

2. Windows 10 won't shut down.

This
    Intel Driver
    fixed all my power problems with my Lenovo Yoga laptop running windows 10. It now sleeps properly when I close the lid, and shut down always works, even after closing the lid, etc.

Chris Lovett, Oct 9, 2017
  3. Soundbay Win User
    if you love your Intel WiDi then PLEASE DON’T upgrade to windows 10

Hi they may have fixed this with the new intel driver

intel nuc d54250wyk

intel advanced-n 6235

true it didn't see it when upgraded to windows 10, but installed driver version 6.0.57.0

but the proof is in the pudding, as to see how well and how long it'll work, fixes don't always stay fixed

Soundbay, Oct 9, 2017
Thema:

Intel NUC D54250WYK Sleep & HDMI Audio Issues

1. Intel NUC D54250WYK Sleep & HDMI Audio Issues - Similar Threads - Intel NUC D54250WYK

2. Intel NUC Firmware update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel NUC Firmware update: I would like to upgrade my firmware on my Intel NUC computer. can I do that without losing my OS (Windows 10) and data? thanks, gabril 184089
  3. No audio by HDMI with Intel high definition audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio by HDMI with Intel high definition audio: Hi, I have windows 10 x64. Lenovo Y50-70. I connect by HDMI display Dell U2715h -> to display there are connected speakers. When I connect other device by DisplayPort there is normally sound. But as mentioned, connection by HDMI don't play any sound. Chcecked cable -...
  4. New intel nuc

New intel nuc: Hi... i recently bought an intel nuc and would like to install windows 10 pro... everything went well except after windows started, my usb keyboard didnt work... try to update driver and etc but it still didnt work... version installed is windows 10 pro version 2004......
  5. Start up issue with my Intel NUC

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up issue with my Intel NUC: A couple of weeks ago I tried hibernate instead of shutting down my computer. All was well for a few days and then I started getting this Blue Screen error on start up. At this point I hit escape......which takes me into the bios, I hit F10 (save and exit) and from there I...
  6. Intel NUC Vulnerability Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel NUC Vulnerability Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00272 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 08/13/2019 Last revised: 08/13/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in the...
  7. Intel NUC Firmware Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel NUC Firmware Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00264 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 06/11/2019 Last revised: 06/11/2019 Summary: Potential security vulnerabilities in system...
  8. Intel Introduces New NUC Kits and NUC Mini PCs to the Intel NUC Family

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Introduces New NUC Kits and NUC Mini PCs to the Intel NUC Family: [img] [ATTACH] The new Intel NUC kits (NUC8i7BEH, NUC8i5BEH, NUC8i5BEK, NUC8i3BEH, NUC8i3BEK, formerly code-named Bean Canyon) allow integrators and DIYers to customize with their choice of storage, memory and operating system. With this flexibility, the Intel NUC kits...
  9. Intel NUC

Intel NUC: Hi guys i have a 6th generation i5 NUC with a 500gig Samsung 850 M.2 drive. The problem is that in the magician software it is telling me I am connected to a Sata II port not Sata III.... what gives? Any insight would be appreciated Regards Glen 65956
  10. Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep: System: Intel NUC 54250WYKH Monitor: Acer T232HL (1920x1080) OS: Windows 10 Pro (clean install) When my NUC wakes from sleep mode, existing windows are sized and positioned as if the display resolution had changed to a much lower value (e.g. 1024x768) during sleep but...