Windows 10: Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep

Discus and support Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; System: Intel NUC 54250WYKH Monitor: Acer T232HL (1920x1080) OS: Windows 10 Pro (clean install) When my NUC wakes from sleep mode, existing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doofus2, Aug 1, 2015.

1. doofus2 Win User

Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep

System: Intel NUC 54250WYKH
    Monitor: Acer T232HL (1920x1080)

When my NUC wakes from sleep mode, existing windows are sized and positioned as if the display resolution had changed to a much lower value (e.g. 1024x768) during sleep but was restored to 1920x1080 after waking. The windows are smaller and positioned in the upper-left corner of the display. This happens with any program I have running when the system goes to sleep (e.g. File Explorer, Visual Studio 2015, etc.).

This problem didn't happen with Win8 on the same computer.

Is anyone else seeing a similar problem and/or know of a fix?
    Thanks

:)

doofus2, Aug 1, 2015

2. Windows 10, pc does not shut down

This is neither a problem of HP nor Microsoft.

The culprit is Intel.

Downgrade Intel Management Engine Interface driver to 9.5.24.1790 (search Intel site).

I had same problem on my Pavilion 15

Running alright after I ran the driver upgrade to INTEL

The problem is with Intel Management Engine Interface driver ver 11x.

Download driver from......

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25096/Intel-ME-11-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC

Both the Shutdown & Sleep problem solved

Mary AnnCourville, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Microsoft needs to fix the shut down issue !!

This is neither a problem of HP nor Microsoft.

The culprit is Intel.

Downgrade Intel Management Engine Interface driver to 9.5.24.1790 (search Intel site).

I had same problem on my Pavilion 15

Running alright after I ran the driver upgrade to INTEL

The problem is with Intel Management Engine Interface driver ver 11x.

Download driver from

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25096/Intel-ME-11-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC

Both the Shutdown & Sleep problem solved

Mary AnnCourville, Aug 1, 2015
  4. amicose Win User

I'm having the same problem on a Thinkpad T450s. It happens when I open the lid to restart the computer. It doesn't happen when I put the computer to sleep via the start menu. Very, very annoying. Would be great if someone has an idea how to fix this. I did a complete and clean reinstall of Win10 via the Media Creation Tool, and the problem is persisting.

EDIT: It doesn't happen to metro apps however. Or not to the Settings app, which is the only one I use...
    It also only happens to windows which are neither fullscreen nor snapped to one side.

amicose, Aug 2, 2015
  5. doofus2 Win User
    I haven't found a fix for it yet. I don't use any Metro apps so I haven't seen how they perform.

doofus2, Aug 3, 2015
  6. amicose Win User
    amicose, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep - Similar Threads - Intel NUC resized

2. Windows 10 resizing and moving open windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 resizing and moving open windows after waking from sleep: Like many others I found this to be a giant pain. Lock your computer or just walk away with programs up and come back to find them small and in the upper left corner.Well, this post by AndrejPirman...
  3. Windows 10 resizing and moving open windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 resizing and moving open windows after waking from sleep: Like many others I found this to be a giant pain. Lock your computer or just walk away with programs up and come back to find them small and in the upper left corner.Well, this post by AndrejPirman...
  4. Windows 10 resizing and moving open windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep: Hi, How can I stop my windows and programs from being shifted to the Top Right hand side of my primary monitor after my computer wakes from sleep?SystemDesktop PC, Asus B540 MotherboardRyzen 5 5600x CPUAMD RX6700xt Graphics CardMSI G273Q Monitor Connected via Display Port...
  6. Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep: Hi, How can I stop my windows and programs from being shifted to the Top Right hand side of my primary monitor after my computer wakes from sleep?SystemDesktop PC, Asus B540 MotherboardRyzen 5 5600x CPUAMD RX6700xt Graphics CardMSI G273Q Monitor Connected via Display Port...
  7. Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows are moved & resized after waking up from Sleep Mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows are moved & resized after waking up from Sleep Mode.: When I put my computer to sleep with the Sleep button on my Microsoft keyboard, when I wake it up again, the windows are moved & shrunk to half the length of the screen. How can I prevent this?...
  9. Windows keep moving and resizing after monitors wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keep moving and resizing after monitors wake from sleep: I have dual monitors and every time they wake from sleep, the windows that are open in the second monitor are resized and moved to the primary monitor. This is incredibly frustrating because it disrupts my workflow and I have to rearrange my windows every single time I wake...
  10. Intel NUC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel NUC: Hi guys i have a 6th generation i5 NUC with a 500gig Samsung 850 M.2 drive. The problem is that in the magician software it is telling me I am connected to a Sata II port not Sata III.... what gives? Any insight would be appreciated Regards Glen 65956

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel nuc brower resized after waking from sleep

2. nuc window resize on sleep