Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep

Discus and support Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; System: Intel NUC 54250WYKH Monitor: Acer T232HL (1920x1080) OS: Windows 10 Pro (clean install) When my NUC wakes from sleep mode, existing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doofus2, Aug 1, 2015.

1. doofus2 Win User

System: Intel NUC 54250WYKH
    Monitor: Acer T232HL (1920x1080)

When my NUC wakes from sleep mode, existing windows are sized and positioned as if the display resolution had changed to a much lower value (e.g. 1024x768) during sleep but was restored to 1920x1080 after waking. The windows are smaller and positioned in the upper-left corner of the display. This happens with any program I have running when the system goes to sleep (e.g. File Explorer, Visual Studio 2015, etc.).

This problem didn't happen with Win8 on the same computer.

Is anyone else seeing a similar problem and/or know of a fix?
    Thanks

:)

doofus2, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Mary AnnCourville Win User

Windows 10, pc does not shut down

This is neither a problem of HP nor Microsoft.

The culprit is Intel.

Downgrade Intel Management Engine Interface driver to 9.5.24.1790 (search Intel site).

I had same problem on my Pavilion 15

Running alright after I ran the driver upgrade to INTEL

The problem is with Intel Management Engine Interface driver ver 11x.

Download driver from......

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25096/Intel-ME-11-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC

Both the Shutdown & Sleep problem solved

Mary AnnCourville, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Mary AnnCourville Win User
    Microsoft needs to fix the shut down issue !!

This is neither a problem of HP nor Microsoft.

The culprit is Intel.

Downgrade Intel Management Engine Interface driver to 9.5.24.1790 (search Intel site).

I had same problem on my Pavilion 15

Running alright after I ran the driver upgrade to INTEL

The problem is with Intel Management Engine Interface driver ver 11x.

Download driver from

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25096/Intel-ME-11-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC

Both the Shutdown & Sleep problem solved

Mary AnnCourville, Aug 1, 2015
  4. amicose Win User

I'm having the same problem on a Thinkpad T450s. It happens when I open the lid to restart the computer. It doesn't happen when I put the computer to sleep via the start menu. Very, very annoying. Would be great if someone has an idea how to fix this. I did a complete and clean reinstall of Win10 via the Media Creation Tool, and the problem is persisting.

EDIT: It doesn't happen to metro apps however. Or not to the Settings app, which is the only one I use...
    It also only happens to windows which are neither fullscreen nor snapped to one side.

amicose, Aug 2, 2015
  5. doofus2 Win User
    I haven't found a fix for it yet. I don't use any Metro apps so I haven't seen how they perform.

doofus2, Aug 3, 2015
  6. amicose Win User
    amicose, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep - Similar Threads - Intel NUC resized

2. Error Code 0x80070032 when logging on to Windows using PIN - can only login to windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code 0x80070032 when logging on to Windows using PIN - can only login to windows...: Hello All, Thanks in advance for your replies. Yesterday I tried to login to my Dell Inspiron 15 5570 laptop but got error code 0x80070032 with message that went something along the lines of restarting and trying again. However, I was able to logon using my Microsoft...
  3. Stop these screens from appearing

in Browsers and Email
    Stop these screens from appearing: The screens as in my attachments will occasionally appear when i open my Firefox 61.0.2 browser and when i open Outlook 2010 email another Outlook help appears. Is there a way to stop this from appearing please?*Smile 116188
  4. My laptop lag, freeze, and got blue screen after Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop lag, freeze, and got blue screen after Windows Update: So I got windows 10 installed on my laptop. It works so smooth like a charm at first. I've successfully installed all the Windows updates, but my laptop getting hotter than usual and then it lag, freeze, and got blue screen randomly after the updates. My laptop is HP P231ax...
  5. Stop these screens from appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop these screens from appearing: The screens as in my attachments will occasionally appear when i open my Firefox 61.0.2 browser and when i open Outlook 2010 email another Outlook help appears. Is there a way to stop this from appearing please?*Smile 116188
  6. FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start.: First of all you shouldn't have such a thing. Secondly all my apps and softwares got uninstalled and now my game which used to give 150-200 fps is stuck on 60 fps. Please help I have my tournament coming....
  7. I cant upgrade unactivated windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant upgrade unactivated windows 10 home to pro: So i bought a key from a friend who had a spare one, and when i tried to activate it always came it with an error. He told me in order for the key to work, i need to upgrade to pro first. How do i do this? I've tried many methods and nothings worked....
  8. Mouse without Borders stopped working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse without Borders stopped working after Windows 10 update: Windows 10 did update, then MWB would not connect as before. I restored using Restore Point, and problem was fixed. After next Update, returned and have not been able to get it to work since (lost Restore Point due to memory not being set high enough.) Have tried deleteing...
  9. Lost icon for volume ,have windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost icon for volume ,have windows 10: lost icon for volume for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/lost-icon-for-volume-have-windows-10/bd0f9b03-1ba8-4840-acad-6524c018d0a1
  10. Windows 10 Display Scale

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Display Scale: Hi Folks, To set the scene, I have 2 x Dell 4K monitors, these are great. I used the Nvidia driver to merge them together making a single screen at 7680 x 2160 To make it easier to use word/email and other applications, I go to display settings and set the scaling to 150%...