Windows 10: Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep

Discus and support Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; System: Intel NUC 54250WYKH Monitor: Acer T232HL (1920x1080) OS: Windows 10 Pro (clean install) When my NUC wakes from sleep mode, existing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doofus2, Aug 1, 2015.

1. doofus2 Win User

Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep

System: Intel NUC 54250WYKH
    Monitor: Acer T232HL (1920x1080)

When my NUC wakes from sleep mode, existing windows are sized and positioned as if the display resolution had changed to a much lower value (e.g. 1024x768) during sleep but was restored to 1920x1080 after waking. The windows are smaller and positioned in the upper-left corner of the display. This happens with any program I have running when the system goes to sleep (e.g. File Explorer, Visual Studio 2015, etc.).

This problem didn't happen with Win8 on the same computer.

Is anyone else seeing a similar problem and/or know of a fix?
    Thanks

:)

doofus2, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Mary AnnCourville Win User

Windows 10, pc does not shut down

This is neither a problem of HP nor Microsoft.

The culprit is Intel.

Downgrade Intel Management Engine Interface driver to 9.5.24.1790 (search Intel site).

I had same problem on my Pavilion 15

Running alright after I ran the driver upgrade to INTEL

The problem is with Intel Management Engine Interface driver ver 11x.

Download driver from......

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25096/Intel-ME-11-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC

Both the Shutdown & Sleep problem solved

Mary AnnCourville, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Mary AnnCourville Win User
    Microsoft needs to fix the shut down issue !!

This is neither a problem of HP nor Microsoft.

The culprit is Intel.

Downgrade Intel Management Engine Interface driver to 9.5.24.1790 (search Intel site).

I had same problem on my Pavilion 15

Running alright after I ran the driver upgrade to INTEL

The problem is with Intel Management Engine Interface driver ver 11x.

Download driver from

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25096/Intel-ME-11-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC

Both the Shutdown & Sleep problem solved

Mary AnnCourville, Aug 1, 2015
  4. amicose Win User

I'm having the same problem on a Thinkpad T450s. It happens when I open the lid to restart the computer. It doesn't happen when I put the computer to sleep via the start menu. Very, very annoying. Would be great if someone has an idea how to fix this. I did a complete and clean reinstall of Win10 via the Media Creation Tool, and the problem is persisting.

EDIT: It doesn't happen to metro apps however. Or not to the Settings app, which is the only one I use...
    It also only happens to windows which are neither fullscreen nor snapped to one side.

amicose, Aug 2, 2015
  5. doofus2 Win User
    I haven't found a fix for it yet. I don't use any Metro apps so I haven't seen how they perform.

doofus2, Aug 3, 2015
  6. amicose Win User
    amicose, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep - Similar Threads - Intel NUC resized

2. Intel Introduces New NUC Kits and NUC Mini PCs to the Intel NUC Family

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Introduces New NUC Kits and NUC Mini PCs to the Intel NUC Family: [img] [ATTACH] The new Intel NUC kits (NUC8i7BEH, NUC8i5BEH, NUC8i5BEK, NUC8i3BEH, NUC8i3BEK, formerly code-named Bean Canyon) allow integrators and DIYers to customize with their choice of storage, memory and operating system. With this flexibility, the Intel NUC kits...
  3. Bluescreen after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen after waking from sleep: Never had a bsod occur on this machine. If anyone could provide me details on determining the cause of the situation, it'd be gladly appreciated *Party attached is the debug zip folder If there's somewhere where I can upload the memory.dmp or mini dump.. let me know. 42660
  4. BSOD with Driver_Power_State_Failure after waking from sleep

BSOD with Driver_Power_State_Failure after waking from sleep: Ever since updating to Windows 10 I have periodically had a problem with my computer when I wake it from sleep. The symptoms of this are as follows: The machine will wake from sleep fine and I'm able to put in my password etc. After 30s to a minute, the machine will give me...
  5. Intel NUC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel NUC: Hi guys i have a 6th generation i5 NUC with a 500gig Samsung 850 M.2 drive. The problem is that in the magician software it is telling me I am connected to a Sata II port not Sata III.... what gives? Any insight would be appreciated Regards Glen 65956
  6. BSOD after waking from sleep

BSOD after waking from sleep: Hey guys, i am stumped on this one, every time i have put my computer to sleep after waking it it will show my pin to type in but it freezes there and the bsod after about 5secs, i have done a memtest and that passed, but yeah no idea. hopefully someone can help. 25091
  7. Intel NUC D54250WYK Sleep & HDMI Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel NUC D54250WYK Sleep & HDMI Audio Issues: Hi all, I have an Intel NUC with the 4th Gen Intel Core i5. It's running the latest public (not Insider) release of Windows 10 x64, with pretty much nothing but software for a HTPC (VLC, MPC-HC, etc). It is using Intel HD Graphics 5000 driver 20.19.15.4531 and Intel...
  8. Random freeze after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freeze after waking from sleep: Hi. I recently built a new system and am having some weird issues where sometimes after waking the PC from sleep, it'll freeze for no reason. A reset will fix the issue but it's kind of annoying since this never happened before on my old machine. I'm using Win10 Pro....
  9. Window Resizes from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Resizes from sleep: Hey guys. I need help. Windows 10 keep re-sizing my firefox windows when i wake up my computer from sleep. And the windows 10 start menu is also opens up. I would like to fix both these issues. THANKS! 26778
  10. will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    will not wake from sleep: I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and nothing has worked. It has to be booted...