Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep

Discus and support Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; System: Intel NUC 54250WYKH Monitor: Acer T232HL (1920x1080) OS: Windows 10 Pro (clean install) When my NUC wakes from sleep mode, existing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doofus2, Aug 2, 2015.

1. doofus2 Win User

System: Intel NUC 54250WYKH
    Monitor: Acer T232HL (1920x1080)

When my NUC wakes from sleep mode, existing windows are sized and positioned as if the display resolution had changed to a much lower value (e.g. 1024x768) during sleep but was restored to 1920x1080 after waking. The windows are smaller and positioned in the upper-left corner of the display. This happens with any program I have running when the system goes to sleep (e.g. File Explorer, Visual Studio 2015, etc.).

This problem didn't happen with Win8 on the same computer.

Is anyone else seeing a similar problem and/or know of a fix?
    Thanks

:)

doofus2, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Mary AnnCourville Win User

Windows 10, pc does not shut down

This is neither a problem of HP nor Microsoft.

The culprit is Intel.

Downgrade Intel Management Engine Interface driver to 9.5.24.1790 (search Intel site).

I had same problem on my Pavilion 15

Running alright after I ran the driver upgrade to INTEL

The problem is with Intel Management Engine Interface driver ver 11x.

Download driver from......

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25096/Intel-ME-11-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC

Both the Shutdown & Sleep problem solved

Mary AnnCourville, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Mary AnnCourville Win User
    Microsoft needs to fix the shut down issue !!

This is neither a problem of HP nor Microsoft.

The culprit is Intel.

Downgrade Intel Management Engine Interface driver to 9.5.24.1790 (search Intel site).

I had same problem on my Pavilion 15

Running alright after I ran the driver upgrade to INTEL

The problem is with Intel Management Engine Interface driver ver 11x.

Download driver from

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25096/Intel-ME-11-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC

Both the Shutdown & Sleep problem solved

Mary AnnCourville, Aug 2, 2015
  4. amicose Win User

I'm having the same problem on a Thinkpad T450s. It happens when I open the lid to restart the computer. It doesn't happen when I put the computer to sleep via the start menu. Very, very annoying. Would be great if someone has an idea how to fix this. I did a complete and clean reinstall of Win10 via the Media Creation Tool, and the problem is persisting.

EDIT: It doesn't happen to metro apps however. Or not to the Settings app, which is the only one I use...
    It also only happens to windows which are neither fullscreen nor snapped to one side.

amicose, Aug 3, 2015
  5. doofus2 Win User
    I haven't found a fix for it yet. I don't use any Metro apps so I haven't seen how they perform.

doofus2, Aug 3, 2015
  6. amicose Win User
    amicose, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep - Similar Threads - Intel NUC resized

1. Secure Boot with 5th gen Intel NUC

in Windows 10 Support
    Secure Boot with 5th gen Intel NUC: I installed Windows 10 Pro on an Intel NUC5i3RYH. In the UEFI settings I enabled Secure Boot, enabled UEFI boot and disabled Legacy Boot, yet in Windows 10 System Information it still says Secure Boot State: Off. Is there something else I need to do to get Secure Boot...
  2. Intel NUC NUC5i7RYH Blue Screening every few minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel NUC NUC5i7RYH Blue Screening every few minutes: Greetings, My Aunt's NUC5i7RYH has been blue-screening anywhere from every couple minutes to once an hour or two (usually when being actively used). The problems seem to have started when Windows 10 updated itself to version 1511 (the first bluescreen was on 12/11)....
  3. Intel NUC

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel NUC: Hi guys i have a 6th generation i5 NUC with a 500gig Samsung 850 M.2 drive. The problem is that in the magician software it is telling me I am connected to a Sata II port not Sata III.... what gives? Any insight would be appreciated Regards Glen 65956
  4. Intel Nuc BSOD multiple errors (Now with Dump file)

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel Nuc BSOD multiple errors (Now with Dump file): Hi All I purchased a new NUC6i3SYK last week. I have installed a 250gb Samsung evo 850 M.2 HD and 1 8gb stick of Corsair PC4-17000 DDR4 Ram. Windows 10 is a fresh purchase and install downloaded direct from MS. The Nuc worked fine with both the HD and Ram being...
  5. Intel NUC D54250WYK Sleep & HDMI Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel NUC D54250WYK Sleep & HDMI Audio Issues: Hi all, I have an Intel NUC with the 4th Gen Intel Core i5. It's running the latest public (not Insider) release of Windows 10 x64, with pretty much nothing but software for a HTPC (VLC, MPC-HC, etc). It is using Intel HD Graphics 5000 driver 20.19.15.4531 and Intel...
  6. Clean installation window 10 on an Intel Nuc

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean installation window 10 on an Intel Nuc: Hi everyone, I need help with this please. This is my situation. I have an intel nuc5i7ryh that runs Window 10 Home. When I first got the nuc, I bought a retail version of Window 7 Home and installed it on the nuc. Then I upgraded to Window 10 Home on 8/2015 and was using...
  7. CVE-2018-3612 - Intel NUC BIOS SW SMI Call-Out vulnerability

in Windows 10 Support
    CVE-2018-3612 - Intel NUC BIOS SW SMI Call-Out vulnerability: Intel® NUC BIOS SW SMI Call-Out Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00110 Product family: Intel® NUC Kits Impact of vulnerability: Elevation of Privilege Severity rating: Important Original release: Apr 17, 2018 Last revised: Apr 17, 2018 Summary: This update will improve the...
Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep solved