Windows 10: Intel Offers Security Issue Update

Discus and support Intel Offers Security Issue Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; To best ensure security of our customers’ data, we are working with the industry to develop and distribute software and firmware mitigations for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Intel Offers Security Issue Update

Source: https://newsroom.intel.com/news/inte...-issue-update/

:)

Brink, Jan 8, 2018
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

security update patch for Intel chip issues

Hello,

It is possible that we are facing an issue with the specific update that is being automatically installed on your computer. We'd like to clarify, which specific update is being installed? Can you send us the screenshot of the status of the specific update
    via Update History?

Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Jan 8, 2018
  3. security update patch for Intel chip issues

Hi,

It is true that the issue that you are experiencing with your Windows 10 computer may be related to the most recent updates that were installed on your computer.
    Microsoft continually strives to keep its products updated by rolling out improvements and fixes to known issues such as this. We recommend that you check this
    article and manually install the update via the
    Microsoft Update Catalog.

Should you have any other concerns, feel free to post back.

Freddrick Pal, Jan 8, 2018
  4. Intel Offers Security Issue Update

Last week Intel said that the microcode update would render systems "immune" to the exploits (which I thought at the time sounded suspicious). Now they're only talking about mitigation. Maybe next week they'll say that the Intel Core processor needs a major redesign.

Ground Sloth, Jan 8, 2018
Thema:

Intel Offers Security Issue Update

1. Intel Offers Security Issue Update - Similar Threads - Intel Offers Security

2. Security Intelligence Updates not being offered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Updates not being offered: I am Win 11 Pro 64-bit and fully updated except for the "Preview Update" I have long been set to manually download updates. I check daily and update all presented except Preview items.Since 6 July 2023 I have not been presented with the Option to Update Security intelligence....
  3. Security Intelligence Updates not being offered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Intelligence Updates not being offered: I am Win 11 Pro 64-bit and fully updated except for the "Preview Update" I have long been set to manually download updates. I check daily and update all presented except Preview items.Since 6 July 2023 I have not been presented with the Option to Update Security intelligence....
  4. Security update issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security update issue: After microsoft did a security update i have been locked out of my laptop and because my security details are out of date i can not reset my password can anyone help me?...
  5. UPDATE INTEL ME FIRMWARE FOR CONVERGED SECURITY & MANAGEMENT ENGINE ISSUES IN INTEL...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UPDATE INTEL ME FIRMWARE FOR CONVERGED SECURITY & MANAGEMENT ENGINE ISSUES IN INTEL...: Kaspersky Password Manager Create a strong password for your account Intel was notified of an issue with the Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) firmware. An attacker with physical access could do the following on an individual platform: Bypass...
  6. Intel Converged Security and Management Engine Issue

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Converged Security and Management Engine Issue: Intel was notified of an issue with the Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) firmware. An attacker with physical access could do the following on an individual platform: Bypass Intel® CSME anti-replay protection, thus allowing potential brute force...
  7. Intel Security Issue Update: Progress Continues on Firmware Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Security Issue Update: Progress Continues on Firmware Updates: Intel continues to work closely with industry partners to protect customers against the security exploits disclosed by Google Project Zero. As I shared January 22, we identified the root cause of the reboot issue affecting the initial Broadwell and Haswell microcode updates....
  8. Intel Security Issue Update: Addressing Reboot Issues

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Security Issue Update: Addressing Reboot Issues: As Intel CEO Brian Krzanich emphasized in his Security-First Pledge, Intel is committed to transparency in reporting progress in handling the Google Project Zero exploits. We have received reports from a few customers of higher system reboots after applying firmware...
  9. Intel Issues Updates to Protect Systems from Security Exploits

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Issues Updates to Protect Systems from Security Exploits: Intel and Its Partners Have Made Significant Progress in Deploying Updates as Software Patches and Firmware Updates SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 4, 2018 — Intel has developed and is rapidly issuing updates for all types of Intel-based computer systems — including personal...
  10. Intel Offers Innovative Approach to IoT Scaling and Security

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Offers Innovative Approach to IoT Scaling and Security: At the IoT Solutions World Congress, Intel addressed the challenges facing the Internet of Things (IoT) market today, and made a critical announcement designed to empower the industry to make the most of the tremendous opportunities ahead. While earlier reports claimed...