Windows 10: Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error after 2004 update

Discus and support Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error after 2004 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First off not sure if this is the right category as this issue was not present before the update After updating and restarting from the 2004 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andrew Jamison, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error after 2004 update

First off not sure if this is the right category as this issue was not present before the update

After updating and restarting from the 2004 update Build 19041.329 on Windows 10 Pro I get the above error listed in the title "Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error". I am running on an intel system but I do not use Optane at all and as such not sure why I am getting an error pertaining to it.

This error shows up when I first launch the file explorer or every single subsequent time I right-click anything in the file manager. It does not appear to prevent anything from running but does pop up every time making for a very noisy experience on Windows and a rather annoying one at that.

I attached a screenshot with the exact error that pops up any idea how to get this to go away without re-installing windows? I had this exact issue some time ago from an update and the only way I was able to get rid of it was re-install windows which is frankly a pain.

Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error after 2004 update cadc00ed-462a-49dd-9800-dd9c3a6234e4?upload=true.jpg

Note the Hresult code is cut off here but even in real-time I have no way to pull up the real log entry from that pop-up and I am not skilled enough with even viewer to find the corresponding entry for this error, any help would be appreciated.

:)

Andrew Jamison, Jun 27, 2020
  2. MesPia Win User

Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error

Since updating to Microsoft Windows 10 2004, everytime I right-click a file in File Explorer, I get the notification shown below related to Intel Optane Memory Pinning. I don't even have any Intel Optane Memory installed. What's going on?

Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error after 2004 update 80e750e0-9eb9-4b41-9fb4-c6c3d181c267?upload=true.png

MesPia, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error after 2004 update

First off not sure if this is the right category as this issue was not present before the update

After updating and restarting from the 2004 update Build 19041.329 on Windows 10 Pro I get the above error listed in the title "Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error". I am running on an intel system but I do not use Optane at all and as such not sure why I
    am getting an error pertaining to it.

This error shows up when I first launch the file explorer or every single subsequent time I right-click anything in the file manager. It does not appear to prevent anything from running but does pop up every time making for a very noisy experience on Windows
    and a rather annoying one at that.

I attached a screenshot with the exact error that pops up any idea how to get this to go away without re-installing windows? I had this exact issue some time ago from an update and the only way I was able to get rid of it was re-install windows which is
    frankly a pain.

Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error after 2004 update cadc00ed-462a-49dd-9800-dd9c3a6234e4?upload=true.jpg

Note the Hresult code is cut off here but even in real-time I have no way to pull up the real log entry from that pop-up and I am not skilled enough with even viewer to find the corresponding entry for this error, any help would be appreciated.

Andrew Jamison, Aug 6, 2020
  4. WHKJR Win User

Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error after 2004 update

I keep getting the same error on my systems that updated to 2004. I don't have Optane either.

WHKJR, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error after 2004 update - Similar Threads - Intel Optane Memory

2. Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error: Since updating to Microsoft Windows 10 2004, everytime I right-click a file in File Explorer, I get the notification shown below related to Intel Optane Memory Pinning. I don't even have any Intel Optane Memory installed. What's going on? [ATTACH]...
  3. Intel Optane tm memory pinning error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel Optane tm memory pinning error: After recent windows update i started getting this error on my Dell XPS 15 9570. Anyone know how i can get rid from it.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-optane-tm-memory-pinning-error/079249ba-d744-44e1-ad67-338181c53f2a
  4. Fix Intel Optane Memory Pinning error after Windows 10 2004 upgrade

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Intel Optane Memory Pinning error after Windows 10 2004 upgrade: [ATTACH]If after you upgrade your Windows 10 installation to the recent public release Windows 10 2004 and you encounter the Intel Optane Memory Pinning error, […] This article Fix Intel Optane Memory Pinning error after Windows 10 2004 upgrade first appeared on...
  5. Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning error: Every time I right-click on a file or folder in Windows Explorer, I get a notification error that says the following: Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning Unable to load DLL 'iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll': The specified module could not be found (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007 I...
  6. Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning error

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning error: Every time I right-click on a file or folder in Windows Explorer, I get a notification error that says the following: Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning Unable to load DLL 'iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll': The specified module could not be found (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007 I...
  7. Intel Optane memory pinning error

Intel Optane memory pinning error: Hi, I recently began getting this error at seemingly random times (at least I haven't been able to figure out a definite trigger yet). [ATTACH] I do have Intel Rapid Storage Technology (v 15.9.6.1044) installed, and am using it to accelerate my system drive. But I don't...
  8. Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error: Recently I got this error, I don't think i have Optane Memory as I have a Dell XPS 9570. I tried disabling Intel Optane Memory Service but it still pops up. When i go to Intel Rapid Storage Technology it also shows as it being disabled. [ATTACH]...
  9. Intel Optane memory module update

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Optane memory module update: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00114 Product family: Intel® Optane™ Impact of vulnerability: Information Disclosure Severity rating: Moderate Original release: 07/10/2018 Last revised: 07/10/2018 Summary: Information disclosure vulnerability in storage media in systems with Intel®...
  10. Intel Optane Memory

Intel Optane Memory: I'm waiting for an Intel Optane Memory Module to arrive. In the meantime I'm following up 3 Installation Media Preperation (Recommended Optional Step) in https://www.intel.com/content/dam/su...stallation.pdf https://www.intel.com/content/dam/su...stallation.pdf...