Windows 10: Intel Optane

Discus and support Intel Optane in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently bought new parts for my PC, the motherboard supported Intel Optane, I saw that it speeds up your HDD, so I downloaded and installed it. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheBussyKiller, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Intel Optane

I recently bought new parts for my PC, the motherboard supported Intel Optane, I saw that it speeds up your HDD, so I downloaded and installed it. It said that it wasn't compatible with my HDD, so I uninstalled it. It said that I could lose data, but I didn't care because it was a fresh Windows install. After the uninstall I was thinking if it could have maybe corrupted some of my files. Should I reinstall my windows, or leave it like that.

submitted by /u/TheBussyKiller
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheBussyKiller, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Check Intel(R) Optane(TM) memory module status

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Congratulations on buying your new laptop! To check which Intel® Optane™ Memory Technology
    is installed in your system and the module’s status, you need to have either of the apps listed below installed on your system:

• Intel® Optane™ Memory User Interface
    • Intel® Rapid Storage Technology User Interface

Click on the Start menu and search for any of the apps listed above. Once you find the app, refer the article
    How to Determine What Intel® Optane™ Memory Technology is in Your System
    to know where to look for the module’s status.

Let us know if you have any other concern related to Windows, we will be happy to answer them.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 28, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Intel Optane(tm) Memory7 Pinning

Hi r_f_m

There does seem to be a conflict between the recent update and Intel Optane

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Apps, then scroll down and you should see a specific Intel Optane Software Component, uninstall the Optane software

Restart your PC

In maybe a months time, go to the support page for your system on the Dell website, then download and install Intel Optane, they should have resolved this bug at that time . . .

DaveM121, Nov 28, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Intel Optane

Intel Optane Error, Can't Uninstall

Hi Mike

I do wish Microsoft and Intel would resolve these bugs in the updates, if it is not Intel RST, it is Intel Optane . . .

The best thing to do would be to go to either the Intel or Dell Websites, then download and install the current version of Intel Optane, then restart your PCand uninstall Intel Optane, re-installing Intel Optane should fix its installer,allowing you to then
    uninstall it . . .

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29008...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Intel Optane

1. Intel Optane - Similar Threads - Intel Optane

2. Intel Optane uninstalled - BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Optane uninstalled - BSOD: Hi everyone, So as the title states I messed up. I was following instructions on the intel website as the Optane process was eating up my CPU. You can guess what happened. When trying to reinstall the Rapid Storage setup the restart is when it all went up in flames as it goes...
  3. Intel Optane uninstalled - BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Optane uninstalled - BSOD: Hi everyone, So as the title states I messed up. I was following instructions on the intel website as the Optane process was eating up my CPU. You can guess what happened. When trying to reinstall the Rapid Storage setup the restart is when it all went up in flames as it goes...
  4. Intel Optane Pinning Extension

Intel Optane Pinning Extension: If I uninstall the Intel Optane Pinning Explorer extension will the uninstall cause any negative issue with the rest of the Intel programs?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-optane-pinning-extension/82b76636-d043-4f31-8602-f81a6b94b4d3
  5. Intel Optane Pinning Extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Optane Pinning Extension: If I uninstall the Intel Optane Pinning Explorer extension will the uninstall cause any negative issue with the rest of the Intel programs?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-optane-pinning-extension/82b76636-d043-4f31-8602-f81a6b94b4d3
  6. Windows Security / Intel Optane Memory

Windows Security / Intel Optane Memory: I am trying to download the SSD Toolbox program however Windows Security is blocking the Intel Optane Memory.Why is this happening?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-intel-optane-memory/e01860d0-a2ae-4031-889f-f12641d75eaf
  7. Windows Security / Intel Optane Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security / Intel Optane Memory: I am trying to download the SSD Toolbox program however Windows Security is blocking the Intel Optane Memory.Why is this happening?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-intel-optane-memory/e01860d0-a2ae-4031-889f-f12641d75eaf
  8. I can't enable intel optane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't enable intel optane.: I can't turn it on because the machine I'm using is in AHCI mode, I'm not sure how to fix it and I need help.My machine is Lenovo Legion Y540 15IRH-PG0 i5-9300h HDD 1 TB SSD 256 GB GTX1650 windows 11 home single language....
  9. I can't enable intel optane.

I can't enable intel optane.: I can't turn it on because the machine I'm using is in AHCI mode, I'm not sure how to fix it and I need help.My machine is Lenovo Legion Y540 15IRH-PG0 i5-9300h HDD 1 TB SSD 256 GB GTX1650 windows 11 home single language....
  10. Intel Optane Memory not detected in the device manager

Intel Optane Memory not detected in the device manager: hi,After reinstalling Windows and manually install the Intel Optane Memory driver from the folder, I couldn't find it in the device manager. I went to bios and it is there. What can I do to get Intel Optane Memory to show up in the device manager?...