Windows 10: Intel "panel self-refresh" indicator ?

Discus and support Intel "panel self-refresh" indicator ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how my laptop's display actually works; it features a 144hz panel, and that's the only refresh rate available in any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fra.carol, Jul 26, 2020.

1. fra.carol Win User

Intel "panel self-refresh" indicator ?

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how my laptop's display actually works; it features a 144hz panel, and that's the only refresh rate available in any setting I could find, even creating a custom resolution with a lower refresh rate in the Intel Graphics Control Panel is not possible; I'm NOT here to talk about this though.

Since mine is a Nvidia optimus laptop, all the display management is kinda weird, though I found what may be a really cool feature in the IGCP: it's called "panel self-refresh" and it seems to adjust the display's framerate automagically to save power. The description is rather confusing and it's all I was able to find about it. It may just control the outputframerate of the iGPU which is the display adapter or the actual refresh rate of the display's panel, which would also kinda explain why there is only one available and nothing else is possible.

SO, I'd like to ask if there's any program that displays the panel's refresh rate to see what's actually happening.

I've already tried the UFO test website but it acts kinda weird, so as I unplug the laptop it becomes unable to vsync probably it's measuring the GPU output with vsync and not the actual refresh rate.

It was a rather long post for a pretty short question but heh, context.

Thanks in advance to whoever will help :·

:)

fra.carol, Jul 26, 2020
  2. fra.carol Win User

Panel self-refresh Framerate indicator (?)

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how my laptop's display actually works; it features a 144hz panel, and that's the only refresh rate available in any setting I could find, even creating a custom resolution with a lower refresh rate in the Intel Graphics
    Control Panel is not possible; I'm NOT here to talk about this though.

Since mine is a Nvidia optimus laptop, all the display management is kinda weird, though I found what may be a really cool feature in the IGCP: it's called "panel self-refresh" and it seems to adjust the display's framerate automagically to save power. The
    description is rather confusing and it's all I was able to find about it. It may just control the output
    framerate of the iGPU (which is the display adapter) or the actual refresh rate of the display's panel, which would also kinda explain why there is only one available and nothing else is possible.

SO, I'd like to ask if there's any program that displays the panel's refresh rate to see what's actually happening.

I've already tried the UFO test website but it acts kinda weird, so as I unplug the laptop it becomes unable to vsync (probably it's measuring the GPU output with vsync and not the actual refresh rate).

It was a rather long post for a pretty short question but heh, context.

Thanks in advance to whoever will help :·)

fra.carol, Jul 26, 2020
  3. I can't disable 'Panel Self-Refresh' setting in Intel graphics control panel

When I open my Intel HD Graphics 630 control panel and go to the power section I don't find the Panel Self-Refresh setting. It's hidden in someway I think and I don't know whether this is about Windows 10 Education v1709 I currently have or about HP's
    OEM or Intel's generic drivers as I tried both of them and I still can't find the setting but I really need to disable it due to some screen freeze problems.

punleashed, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Anna Bol Win User

I can't disable 'Panel Self-Refresh' setting in Intel graphics control panel

Hello
    punleashed

This issue is probably related to your graphics driver. Others have also reported this concern that the Panel Self-Refresh is causing their screen to flicker and freeze. In that case, we would recommend you to
    install the Intel HD drivers from your device manufacturer’s website and install them directly through the device manager. You will get access to Intel driver’s settings GUI, just right-click on your desktop or check your
    taskbar after completing the install. In the settings, go to “Power” and from there disable PSR. If you’re still having issues with disabling it, we highly recommend that you contact your device manufacturer for advanced assistance with the settings as they
    have more familiarity with the GUI of your device.

Feel free to get back to us should you have other concerns.

Anna Bol, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Intel "panel self-refresh" indicator ? - Similar Threads - Intel panel self

2. Intel graphics control panel is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel graphics control panel is not opening: hey i have a windows 10 pc and i had updated my graphic drivers to the latest drivers lately and for sometime intel graphics control panel works finely but somehow now graphics control panel is not opening. idk why. also i had try uninstalling and reinstalling the intel...
  3. Intel graphics control panel is not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel graphics control panel is not opening: hey i have a windows 10 pc and i had updated my graphic drivers to the latest drivers lately and for sometime intel graphics control panel works finely but somehow now graphics control panel is not opening. idk why. also i had try uninstalling and reinstalling the intel...
  4. Intel graphics control panel is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows update indicating out-dated Intel drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update indicating out-dated Intel drivers: Hello, title says anything.I have downloaded the latest Intel driver which fixed issue with DWM.exe. V.30.0.101.1191But in windows update, in shows "Intel Corporation - Display - 5/28/2019 12:00:00 AM - 26.20.100.6911", which i believe it already has that issue with DWM.Any...
  6. my intel control panel is not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my intel control panel is not opening: when i click it from the right click desktop menu,it begins loadingshowing the normal screen and then its gone and when i try to open it again it just doesnt even show the loading screen.[IMG]...
  7. Panel self-refresh Framerate indicator ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Panel self-refresh Framerate indicator ?: Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how my laptop's display actually works; it features a 144hz panel, and that's the only refresh rate available in any setting I could find, even creating a custom resolution with a lower refresh rate in the Intel Graphics Control Panel is not...
  8. Stop Intel Control Panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Intel Control Panel: Hello! Control Panel does not start video card Intel (R) Graphics Control Panel Description of the Application Path: C:\Program Faulting events have Files\WindowsApps\AppUp.IntelGraphicsControlPanel_2.5.0.0_x64__8j3eq9eme6ctt\gfxcentennial.exe Creation Time: 11.02.2019...
  9. Clipped Intel Graphics Control Panel

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Clipped Intel Graphics Control Panel: Hello ladies and gentlemen Quite a strange problem appeared the past year where my intel control panel is not displayed correctly. I currently have the latest drivers and software according to intel. My control panel appears to be clipped like this [img] [img]...
  10. Cant open control panel / explorer refreshes

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant open control panel / explorer refreshes: Not sure when this issue arrised but i tried to adjust my sound devices today going to start>control panel and the screen blinks while explorer refreshes...? I did an SFC /SCANNOW and it found some corruption and repaired it. I rebooted and same problem. Did a virus...