Windows 10: Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) Update Advisory

Discus and support Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) Update Advisory in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00142 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Information Disclosure Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) Update Advisory

Source: INTEL-SA-00142

:)

Brink, Sep 12, 2018
  2. ARC1020 Win User

Verify Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Chip on Windows PC

Something I came across not long ago, is Firmware-based Trusted Platform Modules (fTPM). Whereas before in order to take advantage of a TPM you needed to have a physical TPM chip soldered to the motherboard, that seems to have changed at some point. You can now have either a Discrete TPM (Physical chip) or Firmware-based TPM.

As per THIS article, fTPM is acknowledged by the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) as a perfectly valid form of TPM and seems to perform much the same functions as a physical TPM. For Intel, their fTPM is called Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT). I don't know what chips/motherboards/BIOS support PTT, however due to it being Firmware based (as the name suggests) and not requiring a separate physical chip, it means for some devices it's possible to retrospectively add a TPM to devices that didn't have one before.

Looking through the Intel NUC list, it's not just 6th gen Skylake NUC's that it's supported on, but also 5th gen Broadwell NUC's and 4th gen Haswell NUC's too. So if you have a NUC and you have the latest BIOS, then the chances are you have a TPM 2.0 module even if you didn't think you did. You just need to enable 'Intel Platform Trust Technology' in BIOS. As previously mentioned, I don't know what other manufacturers support/will support fTPM too.

The Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) setting in Intel VisualBIOS:

Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) Update Advisory [​IMG]

With Intel PTT on in BIOS, Device Manager and tpm.msc show a TPM 2.0 module installed.

ARC1020, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Intel platform trust technology high CPU usage

My Lenovo has ALL Microsoft and Lenovo updates and Intel PTT still locks CPU usage at 100%, turning my computer into a paperweight.

Closing Intel PTT solves the problem until you restart your computer, so I pinned the Task Manager to the task bar and close Intel PTT when it appears.

When I looked for a permanent solution, it seemed that the problem was created by using a PIN code to sign on to Windows rather than signing on with my Microsoft password.

I permanently turned on the PIN code sign on function by going to BIOS and editing BIOS by pressing "clear" for the Intel PTT function. You could also select "Disable" for the Intel PTT function. To ensure it does not get activated in the future, I went
    to program files, opened the Intel folder, and changed the name of the two files that began with the name "Intel PTT".

These changes eliminate the PIN code sign in option so I must use my full Microsoft password in the future. My computer runs faster and smoother, so I am happy.

The mystery: Intel, Microsoft and computer makers have received hundreds of complaints about Intel PTT locking CPU use at 100%. They have done nothing. No wonder people buy Apple computers.

AlanHoustonTx, Sep 12, 2018
  4. John Sarc Win User

Bitlocker and Trusted Platform Module problems

We appreciate the screenshot you sent.

This issue usually occurs because the Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
    uses the manufacturer driver and not the Windows built-in Trusted Platform Module driver.

To resolve this, you can manually uninstall and reinstall Trusted Platform Module. To do so, see the steps below:

• Open Device Manager on the device on which you are experiencing the issue
    • Uninstall the Trusted Platform Module driver.

Give us an update after following the troubleshooting steps provided.

John Sarc, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) Update Advisory - Similar Threads - Intel Platform Trust

2. Intel Rapid Storage Technology platform is not supported

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology platform is not supported: [ATTACH]IRST or Intel Rapid Storage Technology is developed by Intel for computers running on Windows operating systems. It offers greater levels of performance and reliability to the computers equipped with SATA or PCIe drives. When you are using one or multiple Serial ATA...
  3. Intel® Trusted Execution Technology

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel® Trusted Execution Technology: Currently my computer run by windows 10 i want upgrade to win11.my cpu is not integrated PTT or TPM but have "Intel® Trusted Execution Technology" In that case can i upgrade win 11...
  4. Intel® Trusted Execution Technology

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel® Trusted Execution Technology: Currently my computer run by windows 10 i want upgrade to win11.my cpu is not integrated PTT or TPM but have "Intel® Trusted Execution Technology" In that case can i upgrade win 11...
  5. Trusted Platform Module

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trusted Platform Module: I reset my computer and this showed up, but I can't do anything or press anything? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-platform-module/8f2891ce-04a0-4194-abbc-2d21aa6de826
  6. Intel Smart Connect Technology for Intel NUC Advisory - Oct. 8

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Smart Connect Technology for Intel NUC Advisory - Oct. 8: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00286 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 10/08/2019 Last revised: 10/08/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® Smart Connect Technology for Intel® NUC...
  7. Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00243 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 06/11/2019 Last revised: 06/11/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in the Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0...
  8. Intel SGX Platform Software and Intel SGX SDK Advisory - Jan. 8

in Windows 10 News
    Intel SGX Platform Software and Intel SGX SDK Advisory - Jan. 8: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00203 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 01/08/2019 Last revised: 01/08/2019 Summary: Multiple potential security vulnerabilities in Intel® SGX SDK...
  9. Intel QuickAssist Technology for Linux Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel QuickAssist Technology for Linux Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00209 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Denial of Service Severity rating: LOW Original release: 12/11/2018 Last revised: 12/11/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® QuickAssist Technology for Linux may allow denial...
  10. Intel Rapid Store Technology Installer Advisory - Nov. 13

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Rapid Store Technology Installer Advisory - Nov. 13: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00153 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 11/13/2018 Last revised: 11/13/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® Rapid Store Technology...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel ptt driver

2. Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT)

3. tpm firmware update intel ptt

4. intel ptt issue,
  5. intel ptt vulnerability