Windows 10: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG is not recognized

Discus and support Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG is not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I updated W7x64 to W10 Pro x64. The machine is WXP generation notebook. My problem is that the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG is not recognized or Network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by churin, Sep 8, 2015.

1. churin Win User

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG is not recognized

I updated W7x64 to W10 Pro x64. The machine is WXP generation notebook. My problem is that the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG is not recognized or Network and Sharing Center - Change Adapter Settings does not list this adapter. The Device Manager does show the adapter but with exclamation mark.
    What I have done so far are uninstalling/reinstalling the adapter and installing the drivers in compatibility mode.

:)

churin, Sep 8, 2015

2. I need new driver for the card: "Intel (R) PRO / Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection" Windows 10

I need new driver for the card:
    "Intel (R) PRO
    / Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection" because
    the latest driver are not working ...

MorfiveSkywalker, Sep 8, 2015
  3. onur1983 Win User
    upgraded win7 to win10 but wireless not functioning

After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, no wireless networks are available. wireless driver is causing the problem and i cant seem to update it in win 10.

driver is: Intel(R) PRO/wireless 3945ABG network

onur1983, Sep 8, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

A random suggestion: download the Windows 7 drivers and extract them to a directory. (7Zip, open source, may work for that.) In Device Manager, do the manual "update drivers" thing. Browse to the directory and see whether the drivers would install from there.

Best of luck.

bobkn, Sep 9, 2015
  5. hawkman Win User
    The driver for that card is on your comp.
    Go
    ControlPanel>deviceManager>select device(or problem device>Rightclick>Updatedriver>
    Select browse my comp>LET ME pick>UNCHECK show compatible hardware>
    Scroll down to Intel corp (left) scroll to 3945abg >next.

Roy

hawkman, Sep 9, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    I didn't think to check that. They are indeed present. Wonder why they weren't installed automatically with Windows 10?

bobkn, Sep 9, 2015
  7. churin Win User
    I have concluded that either I have to use USB Wifi adapter or replace the WiFi adapter.

churin, Sep 13, 2015
  8. Word Man Win User

No luck with hawkman's suggestion? Otherwise, what drove you to that conclusion?

Word Man, Sep 13, 2015
  9. churin Win User
    That is part of my initial trouble shooting process. I noticed messages to the effect that the driver is installed successfully or the installed driver is the latest version. I tried a USB WiFi adapter at hand for WiFi abgn and found it work fine. I am still interested in trying an alternate mini PCI WiFi adapter and ordered one from eBay for $6.

churin, Sep 13, 2015
  10. Tekki Dan Win User
    I have an old Acer Aspire 5920 (32-bit) laptop with an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG adapter. I just forced it to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I noticed straight away that the wireless was not working.

I downloaded the Wireless_18.11.0_De132.zip from this page: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25140 then ran the DPInst32.exe file inside the .zip. Nothing much seemed to happen, but on checking Device Manager, the system indicated that the driver is installed but "the device failed to start". I disabled the device, then enabled it - still nothing... getting bored I decided to deinstall and reinstall several times followed by rebooting the machine and each time checking for new hardware ...

After reboot, I could connect to my network and it is running now perfectly.

Tekki Dan, Jul 29, 2016
  11. DavidY Win User
    I also have an old Acer Aspire with that adaptor, running 32 bit. In my case I have to go into Device Manager, look at Properties and Power Management, and uncheck the option which says 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'.

Otherwise it works fine until the computer is put into Hibernate or Sleep, but then doesn't work when the computer wakes up. With Fast Startup turned on (the default in Power settings) the Shutdown option also caused it to stop working, because Shutdown is a form of Hibernate when Fast Statup is on.

DavidY, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG is not recognized - Similar Threads - Intel PRO Wireless

2. Intel Pro Set Wireless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Pro Set Wireless: Do the windows updates include all driver updates including the Intel Drivers?I noticed that there are several updates for intel drivers like this one for example the Intel Pro Set Wireless.Should I do the update or will this make problems with my wireless connection?Kenneth...
  3. Intel Pro Set Wireless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Pro Set Wireless: Do the windows updates include all driver updates including the Intel Drivers?I noticed that there are several updates for intel drivers like this one for example the Intel Pro Set Wireless.Should I do the update or will this make problems with my wireless connection?Kenneth...
  4. intel(R) wireless bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    intel(R) wireless bluetooth: it keeps connecting and reconnecting, i found a post on here that described everything but nothing worked i've tried going into services, device manager, uninstall shit restart pc, I'm out of ideas submitted by /u/Substantial-Story685 [link] [comments]...
  5. Intell wireless AC 9260

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intell wireless AC 9260: How do i fix Error Intel R Wireless - AC 9260 160hz Adapter on the driver or hardware. I cant get on my Wifi in which i know is working on my other devices. Im windows 10 new Lenovo Yoga c930 laptop. Never had an issue - use norton antivirus....
  6. realtek 3945abg intel driver patch win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    realtek 3945abg intel driver patch win 10: working on toshiba satellite A135-4467. upgrade from win vista to win10 now i have no lan no wireless and no usb read to connect a wifi dongle. have tried all the listed drivers for win 7 and win 10 that microsoft has and that intel has, is there a patch im missing as i...
  7. my Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network card is not working on my laptop now with windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network card is not working on my laptop now with windows 10.: my Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network card is not working on my laptop now with windows 10. it shows up now in device manager after i went and installed legacy hardware and found the device. but it keeps giving the Code 31 error : This device is not working properly because...
  8. Intel Wireless Card

Intel Wireless Card: I am using dell inspiron 7559. I just upgraded my wifi card to Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260. But I am not getting the 5g speed. I have the latest driver. I am facing this problem only one windows. When I switch to ubuntu I get 200 Mbps speed. But when I switch to windows...
  9. Intel (R) PRO Set Wireless software

Intel (R) PRO Set Wireless software: I want to help explain abut setting the : Intel (R) PRO Set Wireless software / in full detail or images to Windows 10 / 64 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/intel-r-pro-set-wireless-software/0480fc75-ffc0-4abc-ad36-c0bf46d82f7f
  10. Wifi fails to connect, event 5010 using Intel 3945ABG

Wifi fails to connect, event 5010 using Intel 3945ABG: Event log shows numerous information event 5010 at same time system will not connect to any Wifi device, although Wifi networks show in list. Error is in module netwlv32.sys. Issue generally occurs after waking from sleep but sometimes at random moments. Sometimes network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unbuntu install intel 3945 driver from software center

2. intel pro/wireless 3945abg not recognised

3. is a intel pro wireless 3945abg adapter a dual band wireless ac 3160 adapter?

4. why does my Dell laptop with intel r pro/wireless 3945ABG Network connection not connect to wifi,
  5. /Wireless 3945ABG driver win 10,
  6. Wireless_18.11.0_De132.zip download