Windows 10: Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool Privilege Escalation Vulnerability

Discus and support Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool Privilege Escalation Vulnerability in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00140 Product family: Intel® Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: Important Original release:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool Privilege Escalation Vulnerability

Source: INTEL-SA-00140

:)

Brink, Jun 29, 2018
  2. Cliff S Win User

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Latest Version: 4.1.0.27 (Latest) Date: 5/17/2018
    Read PDF: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/197...se%20Notes.pdf

Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool Privilege Escalation Vulnerability [​IMG]

3 tests included

The purpose of the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool is to verify the functionality of an Intel® microprocessor. The diagnostic checks for brand identification, verifies the processor operating frequency, tests specific processor features and performs a stress test on the processor.

The diagnostic can be configured to execute in one of two modes, presence test mode or verification mode. Additionally, it can be configured to enable (run) or disable (skip) individual default configurations are used for this mode of operation.

Cliff S, Jun 29, 2018
  3. Steve_857 Win User
    Microsoft Windows 10 suffers from a pcap 10 local privilege escalation vulnerability.

Original question 'is this a vulnerability' with existing Windows 10 build. Had noticed the exploit in the database of

Operating System: Windows ≈ Packet Storm (website DB for exploits)

The problem suggests that W10 User Settings can be challenged by select code allowing privileges to be altered.

The exploit (not correction) is revealed by following code @;

Windows 10 pcap Drive Local Privilege Escalation ≈ Packet Storm

Thanks for your help.

Steve_857, Jun 29, 2018
  4. notb Win User

Major Intel CPU Hardware Vulnerability Found

It took them a week to go from "Zero AMD vulnerability due to AMD architecture differences." to "we believe we're not susceptible, because we've included countermeasures ".
    Also, they still didn't show any sign they've actually analyzed the problem or replicated Project Zero's results. I'd expect an extensive publication by now - ARM and Intel gave them a week ago...

Seriously, this is not how you win enterprise clients. Even if the patches slow down Intel by 30% and don't touch AMD at all (unlikely), companies will just buy more Xeons...

Thema:

1. Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool Privilege Escalation Vulnerability - Similar Threads - Intel Processor Diagnostic

2. i7-3770 Fails Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i7-3770 Fails Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool: My CPU fails the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool IPDT test at the 'Math' stage.My PC will often blue screen, reboot, and blue screen again several times, and this can occur at any time. Additionally many programs cannot run properly, some fail to launch and others crash after...
  3. i7-3770 Fails Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i7-3770 Fails Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool: My CPU fails the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool IPDT test at the 'Math' stage.My PC will often blue screen, reboot, and blue screen again several times, and this can occur at any time. Additionally many programs cannot run properly, some fail to launch and others crash after...
  4. i7-3770 Fails Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. processor diagnostic tool

processor diagnostic tool: When I run processor diagnostic tool, it gets to brand string test and stops with a fail. how do i fix that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/processor-diagnostic-tool/d5a7967b-bcd6-4974-8004-186f56709dbb
  6. Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool Vulnerability Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool Vulnerability Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00268 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 07/09/2019 Last revised: 07/09/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in the...
  7. Intel Unite Privilege Escalation Advisory - Feb. 12

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Unite Privilege Escalation Advisory - Feb. 12: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00214 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: CRITICAL Original release: 02/12/2019 Last revised: 02/12/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel Unite® Solution administrative portal...
  8. Intel NVMe and Intel RSTe Driver Pack Advisory escalation of privilege

in Windows 10 News
    Intel NVMe and Intel RSTe Driver Pack Advisory escalation of privilege: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00154 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 10/09/2018 Last revised: 10/09/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in the Intel® Storage NVMe and Rapid Storage...
  9. i7-8700k Fails Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool

i7-8700k Fails Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool: Hello - recently purchased an i7-8700k and a new motherboard (ASUS Prime Z370) to upgrade my PC and have been having an abundance of issues since. I've searched pretty far and wide but haven't found a solution to my issue. What does it mean when my CPU fails the Intel...
  10. Intel Quartus Family of Tools Privilege Escalation Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Quartus Family of Tools Privilege Escalation Vulnerability: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00151 Product family: Intel® Quartus family of tools Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: Moderate Original release: 07/10/2018 Last revised: 07/10/2018 Summary: Unquoted service paths in the Intel® Quartus family of tools...