Windows 10: Intel programs

Discus and support Intel programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been googling it a bit and some people says it helps with perfomance, so I'm probably going to have the program installed. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cerawy, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Cerawy Win User

Intel programs

I have been googling it a bit and some people says it helps with perfomance, so I'm probably going to have the program installed.

Cerawy, Sep 12, 2017
  2. Steve C Win User

See this site for an excellent decription of Intel RST drivers http://www.win-raid.com/t2f23-Intel-...QL-v-WHQL.html

You need to find the 'best' not necessarily latest Intel RST software for your motherboard and install that. You can then uninstall the Intel RST software which doesn't do much which should then leave behind the 'best' Intel RST disk driver.

Also note my psot here on some other Intel software which I'm wondering if I need Uninstall Intel SDK for OpenCL - CPU Only Runtime Package

Steve C, Sep 13, 2017
  3. Cerawy Win User
    I did some more testing with and without Intel Rapid Storage Technology, and to be honest I didn't see a difference with perfomance, so im uninstalling the program.

Cerawy, Jan 26, 2018
  4. Steve C Win User

Intel programs

If you uninstall IRST, it will probably leave installed an IDE ATA/ATAPI driver like iastora.sys in my case in which case your speed test is suspect. You need to revert to the Standard SATA AHCI Controller and compare the speed of that driver with the IRST driver (iastora.sys in my case).

Steve C, Jan 26, 2018
  5. swarfega Win User
    You need to disable link powermanagement as you don't need power saving on your SSD.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Intel programs

1. Intel programs - Similar Threads - Intel programs

2. acciidently uninstalling a intel driver cooperation in uninstall program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    acciidently uninstalling a intel driver cooperation in uninstall program: i was looking through the uninstall programs and i saw this intel cooperation driver i hadnt seen it before so i accidently hit uninstall something and it told me to press next but i didnt i shut down the pc when i opened it up the background of task bar was black and there...
  3. acciidently uninstalling a intel driver cooperation in uninstall program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    acciidently uninstalling a intel driver cooperation in uninstall program: i was looking through the uninstall programs and i saw this intel cooperation driver i hadnt seen it before so i accidently hit uninstall something and it told me to press next but i didnt i shut down the pc when i opened it up the background of task bar was black and there...
  4. acciidently uninstalling a intel driver cooperation in uninstall program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. An Intel Driver Update program replaced my Laptop speaker driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An Intel Driver Update program replaced my Laptop speaker driver.: An Intel Driver update program replaced my OEM Lenovo laptop speaker driver and now the speakers do not appear in the Device Manager menu. I tried downloading the Intel Management console and drivers from the Lenovo website, but that didn't work. Would resetting Windows 10...
  6. An Intel Driver Update program replaced my Laptop speaker driver.

An Intel Driver Update program replaced my Laptop speaker driver.: An Intel Driver update program replaced my OEM Lenovo laptop speaker driver and now the speakers do not appear in the Device Manager menu. I tried downloading the Intel Management console and drivers from the Lenovo website, but that didn't work. Would resetting Windows 10...
  7. An Intel Driver Update program replaced my Laptop speaker driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Deleting C:\Program Files x86\Common Files\InstallShield\engine\6\Intel 32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting C:\Program Files x86\Common Files\InstallShield\engine\6\Intel 32: Hello,I'm trying to install an older game called "Clive Barkers - Undying". After installing the game, I was unable to get it to run. I tried to uninstall it through the uninstall wizard however it would not allow me. I just deleted the local files and tried to reinstall the...
  9. Deleting C:\Program Files x86\Common Files\InstallShield\engine\6\Intel 32

Deleting C:\Program Files x86\Common Files\InstallShield\engine\6\Intel 32: Hello,I'm trying to install an older game called "Clive Barkers - Undying". After installing the game, I was unable to get it to run. I tried to uninstall it through the uninstall wizard however it would not allow me. I just deleted the local files and tried to reinstall the...
  10. intel mgt engine components -- avast says "potentially unnecessary program"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    intel mgt engine components -- avast says "potentially unnecessary program": i have avast cleanup premium on my XPS 13, running windows 10. in the cleanup recs, it says that "intel mgt engine components" is a "potentially unnecessary program found," "last used 2 months ago." the avast program suggests putting it in the trash, but when i click on "put...