Windows 10: Intel PROSet/Wireless Zero Configure Service

Discus and support Intel PROSet/Wireless Zero Configure Service in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am having an issue with my computer for around 3 weeks now. When I turn my computer on and then launch an app usually an internet browser,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeventC, Jan 28, 2021.

1. LeventC Win User

Intel PROSet/Wireless Zero Configure Service

Hello,

I am having an issue with my computer for around 3 weeks now. When I turn my computer on and then launch an app usually an internet browser, my computer freezes for around 5 seconds, then restarts. I found that if I wait for a few minutes after launch, there will usually be no crushes. I tried multiple different internet browsers, and all of them caused a crash.

I started searching for fixes today, and generated a crash report. There were different apps crashing, but on every single crash I saw that the app Intel PROSet/Wireless Zero Configure Service came up. I will paste the detailed report for one of the crashed below. The other are fairly similar.

I uninstalled this service, but I didn't think this was a good permanent solution, as I assume it was installed for a reason in the first place.

Detailed report:

Source

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Zero Configure Service

Summary

Çalışma durduruldu

Date

‎1/‎11/‎2021 1:30 AM

Status

Report sent

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\ZeroConfigService.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BEX64

Uygulama Adı: ZeroConfigService.exe

Uygulama Sürümü: 19.60.0.0

Uygulama Zaman Damgası: 58d16fa6

Hata Modülü Adı: ZeroConfigService.exe

Hata Modülü Sürümü: 19.60.0.0

Hata Modülü Zaman Damgası: 58d16fa6

Özel Durum Uzaklığı: 000000000022af80

Özel Durum Kodu: c0000409

Özel Durum Verileri: 0000000000000007

OS Sürümü: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.121

Yerel Kimlik: 1055

Ek Bilgiler 1: d918

Ek Bilgiler 2: d9186ba6dae49e9fb237bd671bcccbfa

Ek Bilgiler 3: 552f

Ek Bilgiler 4: 552fd52a7bf56cedf96223bc95fee4bf

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 62133ed8c4bb23b48c5b679e029f70d6 116353518053

:)

LeventC, Jan 28, 2021
  2. DRN2018 Win User

Intel PROSET Wireless no longer working after a Windows Update

Hi, I recently updated my Windows 7 laptop that I usually hook up to Ethernet, and after the update, the Intel PROSET Wireless software no longer functions, meaning that my computer cannot connect to the internet without a Ethernet cable. Once I system restore
    to before the update, the wireless function will work. I have tried to restart the computer, reinstall the Intel PROSET Wireless software, use the repair function on the Intel PROSET, and made sure that all the services needed for PROSET are running, but I
    still cannot connect wirelessly. Any suggestions on what to do next?

DRN2018, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Intel PROSet/wirelass software

I recently reset my laptop to factory settings. They gave me a list of programs and items that were deleted by the reset. Do I really need Intel PROSet/Wireless Software?

Tommymozz78, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Intel PROSet Wireless WiFi Software Advisory

Source: INTEL-SA-00232

Brink, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Intel PROSet/Wireless Zero Configure Service - Similar Threads - Intel PROSet Wireless

2. I can’t install intel internet PROset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t install intel internet PROset: So I know I am using a old computer in the picture but hear me out so I am installing windows xp on this vintage computer while I was setting up the internet this happened and I got the correct driver for this laptop it’s a fell latitude d600 any help? Please....
  3. Problem with windows SCM not starting intel proset wireless

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with windows SCM not starting intel proset wireless: I got an ASUS Zenbook 14 UX433FN laptop. It will be two years this coming September 2021. All the while, this laptop was working great. Suddenly 1 day, the on-board Intel wifi adapter was not working yellow exclamation bang. Did all the troubleshooting install, reinstall,...
  4. Windows won't sleep and this Intel Proset/Wireless Services running at 30%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't sleep and this Intel Proset/Wireless Services running at 30%: Computer is Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 series. So previously I was having issues after a certain update and sleeping the computer would drain the battery to low level causing the computer to shutoff. Some suggested to look into settings and make sure when I closed my lid, the...
  5. Intel PROSet Wireless WiFi Software Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel PROSet Wireless WiFi Software Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00232 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Denial of Service Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 06/11/2019 Last revised: 06/11/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software may allow denial...
  6. Intel PROSet Wireless WiFi Software Advisory - May 14

in Windows 10 News
    Intel PROSet Wireless WiFi Software Advisory - May 14: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00204 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 05/14/2019 Last revised: 05/14/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in the Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software may...
  7. Intel PROSet Wireless Driver Denial of Service Advisory - Feb. 12

in Windows 10 News
    Intel PROSet Wireless Driver Denial of Service Advisory - Feb. 12: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00169 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Denial of Service Severity rating: LOW Original release: 02/12/2019 Last revised: 02/12/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® PROSet Wireless Driver may allow denial of...
  8. Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software Advisory - Jan. 8

in Windows 10 News
    Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software Advisory - Jan. 8: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00182 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 01/08/2019 Last revised: 01/08/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software may allow...
  9. Intel PROSet/wirelass software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel PROSet/wirelass software: I recently reset my laptop to factory settings. They gave me a list of programs and items that were deleted by the reset. Do I really need Intel PROSet/Wireless Software?...
  10. Intel PROSet Wireless WiFi Software Advisory - Nov. 13

in Windows 10 News
    Intel PROSet Wireless WiFi Software Advisory - Nov. 13: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00188 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Original release: 11/13/2018 Last revised: 11/13/2018 Summary: Multiple potential security vulnerabilities in Cisco Compatible...