Windows 10: Intel(R) display audio driver missing after WIndows 10 2018 october update

Discus and support Intel(R) display audio driver missing after WIndows 10 2018 october update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; At the time of installation I had made sure that my laptop was running on the latest Intel graphics driver(i.e. v 25.20.100.6323) as recommended by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Krishna1592, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Intel(R) display audio driver missing after WIndows 10 2018 october update

At the time of installation I had made sure that my laptop was running on the latest Intel graphics driver(i.e. v 25.20.100.6323) as recommended by intel... However after the feature update when I checked sound, video and game controllers flyout in device manager, there was my problem...(i.e. intel(r) display audio was missing). It was present in the hidden devices menu but was greyed out giving the code 45 error.. I have performed clean installation of intel graphics driver(i.e. v 25.20.100.6373 ), but to no avail problem still persists..

:)

Krishna1592, Nov 30, 2018

2. intel graphics driver and october 2018 feature update problems

Hello,

I have a laptop with intel 620 graphics and it will not recognize the october 2018 feature update 1809.

I am aware that there was a audio driver issue with a recent intel graphics driver update.

My driver version is still 23.20.16.4973 that includes an old audio driver that is not effected by the feature update.

I know that I need a more recent intel driver for the feature update to proceed.

Should I wait until Intel releases a compatible video and audio driver for the 1809 update

through windows update?

MB

Michal 1973, Nov 30, 2018
  3. swec Win User
    Missing Intel Display Audio after 1809 upgrade

I have probably very similar, maybe exactly same problem. Intel HD stopped work after last W10 updates.

In computer is Intel i7-7500U (Intel HD Graphics 620), installed is W10 Pro 10.0.17134, Intel driver 25.20.100.6326

Before that, there was older version of this Intel driver, i tried remove device and detect it again, update driver trough Device Manager, update driver by "Intel Driver & Support" and tried some Intel utility. It updated driver for Bluetooth and WiFi, but not for audio and it still don't work after all that attempts.

There are no error messages in logfiles.

And that's all. Driver seems to be newest as possible but W10 still says "Cannot found any sound device", analog audio output is silent, HDMI audio doesn't work either. HD audio in device manager is detected, but Windows cannot use Intel driver for it and i don't know why.

Intel(R) display audio driver missing after WIndows 10 2018 october update [​IMG]

Intel(R) display audio driver missing after WIndows 10 2018 october update [​IMG]

4. Robbilan Win User

Intel(R) display audio driver missing after WIndows 10 2018 october update

Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked, "intcdaud.sys"

On my Surface Pro 4 I am unable to download the Windows 10 October Update because of "a compatibility issue with a range of Intel Display Audio device drivers" ("intcdaud.sys")
    - see Microsoft support document "What needs your attention: Intel audio display notification" at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ur-attention-intel-audio-display-notification.

I would like to know if Microsoft will be providing updated Intel device drivers through Windows Update, or if all of us with this issue will need to download updated drivers
    directly from Intel - see Intel support document "Action needed before updating to Windows 10 October 2018 Update" at Action Needed Before Updating to Windows® 10 October 2018 Update.

Intel recommends getting the drivers from Microsoft (see note in above link): "Intel supplies generic versions of Graphics drivers for general purposes. However, most computer manufacturers incorporate
    customizations or make other changes to the Intel Graphics Driver software to optimize performance for their systems. We recommend that you check first with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software that they provide."

Robbilan, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Intel(R) display audio driver missing after WIndows 10 2018 october update

1. Intel(R) display audio driver missing after WIndows 10 2018 october update - Similar Threads - Intel display audio

2. s19d300 intel r display audio problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    s19d300 intel r display audio problems: hello, my s19d300 intel r display audio keeps adding a multiple of itself, and when I connect a monitor without audio capabilities, it also keeps switching between the intel r and the desktop audio, so I can't hear anything. or if I connect Bluetooth device it does the...
  3. s19d300 intel r display audio problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    s19d300 intel r display audio problems: hello, my s19d300 intel r display audio keeps adding a multiple of itself, and when I connect a monitor without audio capabilities, it also keeps switching between the intel r and the desktop audio, soi can't hear anything. or if I connect Bluetooth device it does the...
  4. intel graphics driver and october 2018 feature update problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    intel graphics driver and october 2018 feature update problems: Hello, I have a laptop with intel 620 graphics and it will not recognize the october 2018 feature update 1809. I am aware that there was a audio driver issue with a recent intel graphics driver update. My driver version is still 23.20.16.4973 that includes an old audio...
  5. Intel Display Audio went missing after windows 10 automatic update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Display Audio went missing after windows 10 automatic update: my system setup is: CPU: i3 7100 Mobo: Asus Prime B250M-A windows 10 1803 Windows automatic installed new intel display driver 25.20.100.6323 with HDMI connected to my AV receiver Yamaha RX-V677 then to my TV. was using this setup for years without any problem, until...
  6. RSAT Tools Missing After October 2018 Windows 10 Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    RSAT Tools Missing After October 2018 Windows 10 Update: After reading on the RSAT information page that all of the RSAT features that once needed to be installed manually are now considered "Features on Demand," I followed the instructions to add my missing utilities... or at least I tried... There is no FoD for RSAT AD Users &...
  7. Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update blocked on Intel PCs with incompatible drivers: It looks like Microsoft has blocked the upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) on systems where incompatible Intel driver is running. In a support document, Microsoft explains that it has identified a compatibility issue with a range of Intel Display Audio...
  8. Nvidia drivers and the Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia drivers and the Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Don't forget to uninstall and reinstall your Nvidia drivers after updating to the Windows 10 October 2018 update. After the update it appears the Nvidia drivers are installed properly, however they are not fully installed. The Nvidia driver entry is missing from the Program...
  9. RSAT Tools Missing After October 2018 Windows 10 Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    RSAT Tools Missing After October 2018 Windows 10 Update: After reading on the RSAT information page that all of the RSAT features that once needed to be installed manually are now considered "Features on Demand," I followed the instructions to add my missing utilities... or at least I tried... There is no FoD for RSAT AD Users &...
  10. Missing Unicode Star after update to 2018 October

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing Unicode Star after update to 2018 October: Hi, I've just updated to Windows 10 October 2018 Update. I noticed that one of my applications which uses the Unicode U+2606 White Star (☆) no longer displays the symbol. After some investigation, it appears that while applications like Edge, Chrome, Telegram, etc display...