Windows 10: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462 wifi d/c power supply connected, DNS timeout

Discus and support Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462 wifi d/c power supply connected, DNS timeout in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.630 When I have power supply plugged in, these errors in the event viewer repeatedly occur leading to wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Snowdragma, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462 wifi d/c power supply connected, DNS timeout

Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.630

When I have power supply plugged in, these errors in the event viewer repeatedly occur leading to wifi disconnections. I try to correct the regedit permissions, and files constantly telling me I don't have admin permissions when I am admin, I give myself admin permissions, I run regedit as admin, etc. I am so tired of dealing with what amounts to hardware bureaucracy to disallow me from accessing my own systems, and am mad I can't get my own computer to stop having issues long enough to pin down DNS issues. So many issues on top of each other is exhausting. The design is horrid and an enormous waste of time for any computer user to figure out, please request a redesign after reading my issue. Escalate, bump, whatever. Thanks for any attempts.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager
    and APPID
    Unavailable
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

6666 - Firmware dbgc dump trigger

5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462 : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

:)

Snowdragma, Nov 22, 2020

2. Intel Wireless-AC 9462 not working.

Dell Laptop with Intel AC 9462 wireless adapter.
    This was a G3 3579. Step #3 is what actually fixed it.

Symptoms:
    Windows 10 unable to enable wifi (So it seems)

Wifi does not detect any wireless connections.

1. Dell Uninstall SmartByte application and Drivers

2. Device Manager / intel wifi adapter properties / Under the advanced tab
    for AC 9462 you can find an option called Passive Aggressiveness change the value to medium-low from initiall medium.

3. If the above doesn't fix it and you still can't see any wireless network.
    On the same advanced tab enable "Throughput Booster"

It's something with the Intel wifi chip and this 'ThroughputBooster'

IowaFarmBoy, Nov 22, 2020
  3. 1morerep Win User
    Intel Wireless AC-9462 Not working

I have a Powerspec B744 with i7-9700K, Intel AC-9462 wireless adapter not working. I have updated the driver from the Intel site, uninstalled/rebooted/installed the adapter from the device manager. The adapter can see and connect to available networks.
    When I run the troubleshooter it gives me an "wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration. Possible fixes?

1morerep, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462 wifi d/c power supply connected, DNS timeout

Intel Wireless-AC 9462 not working.

Former Microsoft engineer here, although nothing to do with networking.

This happens to me every few days on my G3 17 with the latest Windows 10. The fastest way past it that I've found is:

1) Bring up Device Manager. The Wireless AC 9462 icon will be visible, with the "trouble triangle"

2) Right click on the AC 9462 and select "uninstall". (No issue doing so. Windows will detect and reinstall)

3) Power the computer completely off. Suspend or restart does not seem to work.

4) Boot. The driver should be auto-detected and installed.

5) Proceed as you were. You may have to reenter your WiFi password

6) Nag Dell to fix this damn problem.

Matt Pietrek, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462 wifi d/c power supply connected, DNS timeout

1. Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462 wifi d/c power supply connected, DNS timeout - Similar Threads - Intel Wireless 9462

2. Internet disappeared. No wi fi. Error message is "The Intel R Wireless-AC 9462 adapter is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disappeared. No wi fi. Error message is "The Intel R Wireless-AC 9462 adapter is...: I don't get it. I typed my question into the "question" box, now I'm expected to leave a comment? There needs to be better instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-disappeared-no-wi-fi-error-message-is-the/8d74ce7c-9fa7-43b0-b989-a96240c0a3ec
  3. Internet disappeared. No wi fi. Error message is "The Intel R Wireless-AC 9462 adapter is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet disappeared. No wi fi. Error message is "The Intel R Wireless-AC 9462 adapter is...: I don't get it. I typed my question into the "question" box, now I'm expected to leave a comment? There needs to be better instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-disappeared-no-wi-fi-error-message-is-the/8d74ce7c-9fa7-43b0-b989-a96240c0a3ec
  4. Intel Wireless-AC 9462 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Wireless-AC 9462 not working: Intel Wireless-AC 9462 not working. It posted a code 10 error and refuses to start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-wireless-ac-9462-not-working/6da58b94-8fd9-48a9-b6c2-8700ac1e7896
  5. Intel Wireless-AC 9462 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Wireless-AC 9462 not working: Intel Wireless-AC 9462 not working. It posted a code 10 error and refuses to start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-wireless-ac-9462-not-working/6da58b94-8fd9-48a9-b6c2-8700ac1e7896
  6. Intel R wireless AC 9461 adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel R wireless AC 9461 adapter: I’m using windows 10, computer hp pavilion, I’m facing some internet problem , it says the intel R wireless ac 9461 adapter is experiencing driver or hardware repeated problem , I’ve uninstall and reinstall , update , reset the network and I still face the same problem , What...
  7. Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462 wifi d/c power supply connected, DNS timeout

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462 wifi d/c power supply connected, DNS timeout: Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.630 When I have power supply plugged in, these errors in the event viewer repeatedly occur leading to wifi disconnections. I try to correct the regedit permissions, and files constantly telling me I don't have admin permissions when I am...
  8. Intel Wireless AC-9462 Not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Wireless AC-9462 Not working: I have a Powerspec B744 with i7-9700K, Intel AC-9462 wireless adapter not working. I have updated the driver from the Intel site, uninstalled/rebooted/installed the adapter from the device manager. The adapter can see and connect to available networks. When I run the...
  9. How do I get my Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462 adapter

How do I get my Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462 adapter: How do I get my Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462 adapter to stop experiencing driver or hardware-related problems?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-intelr-wireless-ac-9462-adapter/2d6c7b76-e3e1-4626-9b75-472281b7803d
  10. Intel Wireless-AC 9462 not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Wireless-AC 9462 not working.: I was working properly on my Dell G3 laptop this afternoon and suddenly wifi was disconnected, even the WLAN icon was gone. I got this laptop only two months ago and I believe it was pre-installed latest October version of Windows 10. I've tried: 1. Uninstall the drive...