Windows 10: Intel RAID / RST USER INTERFACE?? [GUI] Windows 10? Where?

Discus and support Intel RAID / RST USER INTERFACE?? [GUI] Windows 10? Where? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; gang I cannot find a download anywhere for the USER Console/GUI/UI for Intel RST [rapid storage technology] that is compatible with Windows 10? This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cognus, Oct 13, 2015.

1. cognus Win User

Intel RAID / RST USER INTERFACE?? [GUI] Windows 10? Where?

gang I cannot find a download anywhere for the USER Console/GUI/UI for Intel RST [rapid storage technology] that is compatible with Windows 10? This is NOT a driver question - the driver [latest dated august and ONLY one certified for Windows 10 64 bit] is already loaded and presumably functioning correctly per device manager.
    What I need is the human interface because there are error messages in windows log indicating malfunction.
    The original GUI, that goes way back to '07 or so died in the transition to windows 10. will not load/run.

when I search this topic I get nothing but driver builds. no GUI/App/Program - nada. There are a number of threads on the topic but no luck - all roads seem to point back to driver files.

pls help if you can

:)

cognus, Oct 13, 2015

2. Windows 10 very slow boot and bad performance after fall update SOLVED

The issue is now solved thanks to some very helpful guys at the intel community.

In short, the windows 10 fall update broke the Intel SATA RAID driver and deactivated RST (SSD caching). The solution is explained in this thread Why is caching Intel RST very slow on windows 1... |Intel Communities

MiquelColom, Oct 13, 2015
  3. auggy Win User
    auggy, Oct 13, 2015
  4. Almighty1 Win User

Drivers

The driver includes the GUI as it installed on in my system tray.

Almighty1, Oct 13, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    Least try your PC manufacturer's site for this ? This is mainly used for RAID setup and management, not sure it's needed for Windows 10 unless possibly using this mentioned. Where are you seeing these errors, might be missing other system drivers, possible SATA Preinstall drivers.

jds63, Oct 13, 2015
  6. cognus Win User
    no. not on HP site.
    like I said at outset - this ain't a driver question. all drivers for everything appear to be ok.

the last GUI I can find is what was running just fine under Windows 7, dates back to 2008. The service won't run.
    tried to reinstall and get a reject saying 'wrong platform' -

to the other point: there is only one package I see that is ok'd for windows 10 and it is really simple: just the drivers. unless there is another stash somewhere.
    the user interface is important. need the status, health, error reporting/alerts etc. this is raid 1, not zero

cognus, Oct 13, 2015
  7. Almighty1 Win User
    When you install the driver, it will install the GUI as my notebook shipped with the driver but no GUI with Windows 7 and I recently installed the driver which came with the GUI in Windows 10. This is the one I used because the newer major version didn't support my chipset...

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Version 12.9.4.1000 WHQL

Almighty1, Oct 13, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

On my Gigabyte site it is version 14.5.0.1081 for 64bit and is just the SATA controller drivers in zip file, that is it. Might tell you not used anymore or no new version GUI for Windows 10. Ones trying to use will get rejected. Be helpful if filled in system specs as much as you can or use Speccy post a screen capture, showing Windows 7 now under your name.

jds63, Oct 13, 2015
  9. cognus Win User
    i'll get on that Speccy assuming that system returns from its 'dark side of the moon' ...
    I kicked off a rollback this morning to Windows 7 [from 10] and its been "restarting" since. ....
    there ain't THAT much data on the system so I suspect the RAID driver may be giving it trouble.
    likely will have to start from zero and rebuild the whole thing.

to the GUI, the Programs [x86] folder shows the app plainly. its a normal looking application with a few subfolders, dating back a couple years, around 20MB worth of files. I tried the windows 10 compatibility tools but nothing worked which didnt surprise me. The tray icon loads and looks normal until you actually try to DO something with the app, which invokes the GUI [iastorGUI.exe] which hangs, bails, and impressively leaves NO ERROR in the windows event logs... If I could figure out where I originally got that zip or msi or exe I think it would probably reinstall and work.

aside from that, many report ill-behaved results under windows 10 with the latest Intel drivers [dated August]. it pounds the CPU erratically. I noticed on another forum some fishing about for a driver that works, of whatever vintage.
    system runs, does what you want it do, but I have no idea what the integrity of the mirroring is since the errant upgrade.

cognus, Oct 14, 2015
  10. Almighty1 Win User
    Did you right click Start Menu -> Programs and Features, then Turn Windows Features on/off and make sure both NET Framework 3.5 and 4.6 are checked as the GUI requires that when I looked at Intel's website yesterday when you asked the question.

Almighty1, Oct 14, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    Not sure if this was said, make sure to check for all system driver updates SATA controller, Chipset software drivers. As it is i have no clue to your system specs to help guide you, as far as i see for IRST GUI not for me as far as my board goes as it only provides the SATA controller drivers in the IRST package download.Just make sure everything is up to date for system drivers.

jds63, Oct 14, 2015
  12. cognus Win User
    it is really difficult to check all the drivers, but I updated to the "official" only windows 10 drivers that intel posts [only 1 thus far]. it didn't change anything really. still a lot of background traffic and the behavior of the gui is the same.
    Editorial comment: on other windows 10 installs with varying success, it appears that merely "update to the latest" is not good advice. some 'windows 10 approved' drivers loadable via windows update are downright dangerous. I found some of the best results to be had by using generic MS provided drivers. again unfortunately: once one loads a combination [what are the mathematical potential combinations of drivers in the system? infinite?], one cannot safely prevent windows 10 update from overwriting your hard work. ask me how I know. leaving such a bomb in the hands of a non-technical user is an error

for anyone reading this now or henceforth the specific package version was 10.1.0.1008. some assembly of that vintage had the full GUI and I'm beginning to think that was THE only one ever released. they may have obfuscated it as when I websearch that version, all I see on the intel site is the barebone driver packaging. none with gui.
    also I misstated the executable name above... the correct is IAStorUI.exe.

cognus, Oct 14, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

I do recall having means to this in Windows 8.1 GUI. Going to HP site, that what system is ? Basically going to look for ones, like Intel INF installastion, Intel SATA Preinstall Drivers (which are same as IRST drivers for system),Lan Drivers and most others like Graphics and sound cards these can be downloaded from there manufacturer's site too.

Found this here post #12 Cant install Intel RST program

Update
    Googling this myself does not come across anything pertaining to IRST software and Windows 10, mostly just the IRST drivers last updated. Good luck if you find something else. Only try running newest version you can get in Compatibility mode possibly.

jds63, Oct 14, 2015
  14. Almighty1 Win User
    If you're using version 10, it means you're on a older chipset that is not supported in the other versions. My system is 4 years old running on the mobile Sandy Bridge chipset and I can't run anything newer than 12.x as 13.x and 14.x installers would say my chipset is not supported. Basically,

10.x is the last version supporting ICH9.
    11.x is the last version supporting ICH7R and ICH7M, ICH9M, ICH10D
    12.x is the last version supporting PCH 5 , PCH 6 series, ICH10R (RAID Mode)
    13.x is the last version supporting PCH 7 series

10.1.0.1088 is from November 2010 and if you looked, it only supports up to Windows 7, not 8.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...Desktop-Boards

10.8.0.1003 was the last 10.x driver which came out in January 2012 so if you chipset is not supported by v11-v14, you're basically SOL:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20768/AHCI-Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Driver-for-Intel-Desktop-Boards-

If you look at this, only 11-14 are really supporting Windows 8 and above:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/sea...Storage+driver

What is the exact version # of the driver Windows 10 installs?

Intel RAID / RST USER INTERFACE?? [GUI] Windows 10? Where? [​IMG]

Mines installs to C:\Program Files and not C:\Program Files(x86)

The Windows Update version doesn't have the GUI but the one where you run the setup.exe program will have the GUI. Previously, I never had the GUI until exactly one month ago because I never installed any Intel drivers other than the chipset INF and figured I updated it as the drivers previously were from 2011.

Almighty1, Oct 14, 2015
  15. cognus Win User
    great input AL, for which I thank you.
    here's what I loaded AFTER the upgrade. No UI
    Download Intel RST) RAID Driver

it is the only one, yet, which is Windows 10 cert. The driver did not behave well unless I'm missing something - like removing old files or whatever. as said, with nothing at all going on with the system, with it unplugged from net, the cpu would cycle up every few seconds

you are no doubt right about the chipset support. I don't have it up and running at present but that model used the same Q57 chipset as the prior last-generation-ever Core 2 Duo models.

really, I can't think of a good reason why the old GUI won't load/run if properly installed. I have found on other win 10 installs that programs work pretty good, no matter the generation - there's a way to get compatibility. I just couldn't put my fingers on the install package.

cognus, Oct 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Intel RAID / RST USER INTERFACE?? [GUI] Windows 10? Where? - Similar Threads - Intel RAID RST

2. Onboard Raid with Intel RST or Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onboard Raid with Intel RST or Storage Spaces?: I've been looking everywhere and can't find any good info on this. I have an Asus ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA motherboard with raid on it. I am planning on setting up a raid 1 between two 14TB WD Ultrastar drives. Would I be better off setting it up via the bios and use Intel RST...
  3. Intel RST will not setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel RST will not setup: I attempted to install Intel RTS on my desktop. After the setup window walks me through the basic first few steps the program said that it is going to reboot the PC into safe mode to complete the installation. My PC turned off and it started boot looping. Now I don't see...
  4. Does the Intel RST need to be active on a non-raid system?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does the Intel RST need to be active on a non-raid system?: Have a question - Have another DELL XPS-8930-SE desktop with one internal 2TB m.2 SSD for boot and a 2TB SATA-6 HDD for secondary. Do I need to have the Intel Rapid Storage Technology active? Look at this BIOS - Isn't AHCI enough? The system is in a non-RAID configuration....
  5. Intel RST Service - application/GUI problem

Intel RST Service - application/GUI problem: Windows 10, 64-bit. The desktop taskbar icon says that the Intel RST service is not running and I can’t get the application (or at least the UI) to open. The thing is that the service IS running (as per Task Manger etc), consuming CPU merrily. I tested this by unplugging...
  6. GUI interface

GUI interface: i can not access any routers switches that use a GUI interface , say 192.168.1.1 yet i can ping them fine and or use a network utility to talk to them , but can not get to them from ie or chrome or edge or any browser...
  7. How do I remove a RAID 1 configuration created by Intel RST on Windows 10?

How do I remove a RAID 1 configuration created by Intel RST on Windows 10?: G'day all, I have an Acer Predator G9-593 running Windows 10. I have a 256GB SSD and 2TB HDD and created a RAID 1 volume using Intel Rapid Store Technology. I want to return the drives back to the native configuration (break/disable the RAID 1), but am not having any luck....
  8. Intel RST RAID driver in Windows 10 causing disk errors!

Intel RST RAID driver in Windows 10 causing disk errors!: Hi, I have a PC with Asus P9X79 Deluxe motherboard. It has Intel chipset and Intel BIOS RAID (RSTe) and 6 SATA ports connected to it. The chipset IDE controller lists in Linux as: Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset SATA RAID Controller (rev 06), and the PCI ID...
  9. OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?

OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?: I am trying to setup the VPN service provided by my Nighthawk AC1900 Router. I think that the service/router side is setup. Now I am trying to get the client side going. On this Windows 10 client laptop I have installed OpenVPN GUI. It's running according to Task Manager and...
  10. Intel RST, RAID and Write Cache Settings

Intel RST, RAID and Write Cache Settings: I upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1 with RST version 14.0.0.1143. I have two RAID arrays on the Intel MB controller, a 2-SSD RAID 0 for the system and a 4-SSD RAID 10 for data. I sometimes experienced system freezing when mucking with the write cache settings in the RST app, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel rst 15.44

2. latest intel rsat 15.44.0 gui

3. intel rst gui windows 10