Windows 10: Intel rapid storage to ahci

Discus and support Intel rapid storage to ahci in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, and thanks in advance! I have to upgrade my storage, and I have found answers, but not for the whole question. I have a msi gt73, with 2256gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BPsentinel, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Intel rapid storage to ahci

Hi, and thanks in advance!

I have to upgrade my storage, and I have found answers, but not for the whole question.

I have a msi gt73, with 2256gb nvme in raid 0, and a 2tb hdd (dynamic disc). I want to get rid of intel ras, and upgrade one of the nvme to a 1tb nvme. The plan is the following: make a full backup with windows, and store it on the hdd. Create a windows install medium onto a usb drive. The 1tb nvme goes into the first slot, and I leave a 256gb nvme in the second slot. In the bios I change from intel ras to ahci. Boot from usb, and with the windows install I restore the full backup onto the 1tb nvme.

The question: would it work?
    I am not sure if the windows install will properly see the hdd, because it is dynamic drive. I am not sure that the restored os will work, because it was installed with rapid storage.

Thanks in advance!
    Peter

:)

BPsentinel, Nov 11, 2020

2. Intel Rapid Storage Technology

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur when the drivers are not updated properly.

I suggest to download the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver from manufacturer’s website and install it.

Refer to the below link:

Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RAID) for D34010WY, D54250WY

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 11, 2020
  3. krzemien Win User
    Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RST) driver 17.2.0.1009 released

Bumpety bump.

Driver has been up-issued to 17.8.0.1065 just now:

Download Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology (Intel(R) RST) User Interface and Driver

Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology (Intel(R) RST) User Interface and Driver

Release notes:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/293..._0_1065_PV.pdf

Uhm:

Intel rapid storage to ahci [​IMG]

Not sure why:

Platforms supported

• Intel® 300/240 Series Chipset Family
    • Intel® 200 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller
    • 7th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI/RAID Controller
    • Intel® 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller

krzemien, Nov 11, 2020
  4. auggy Win User

Intel rapid storage to ahci

Intel Rapid Storage Technology?

Check here:

Windows Key + R > type msinfo32 in the "Open" box > OK

Expand "Components"

Expand "Storage"

Click on "IDE" (or "SCSI")

In the adjacent right window is the "Driver" for the Intel SATA AHCI controller listed as the iastorac.sys ?

If so go ahead and rename the iastora.sys in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder.

If the driver for the Intel SATA AHCI controller is listed as iastora.sys post back.

Click on "IDE" (or

auggy, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Intel rapid storage to ahci

1. Intel rapid storage to ahci - Similar Threads - Intel rapid storage

2. Intel rapid storage not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel rapid storage not working: how do i install windows when intel rapid storage is no working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rapid-storage-not-working/a78f503c-8543-46f5-8162-51708c2dffbf
  3. Intel rapid storage not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel rapid storage not working: how do i install windows when intel rapid storage is no working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rapid-storage-not-working/a78f503c-8543-46f5-8162-51708c2dffbf
  4. Intel rapid storage not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. intel rapid storage technology

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intel rapid storage technology: after the latest update of the windows 11 every time the pc is turned on it says "iastaricon.exe" application was unable to start correctly.intel rapid storage is also not running and cannot install new softwares after intallation it says .exe not working need to re...
  6. Intel rapid storage to ahci

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel rapid storage to ahci: Hi, and thanks in advance! I have to upgrade my storage, and I have found answers, but not for the whole question. I have a msi gt73, with 2256gb nvme in raid 0, and a 2tb hdd (dynamic disc). I want to get rid of intel ras, and upgrade one of the nvme to a 1tb nvme. The...
  7. Intel rapid storage tech

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel rapid storage tech: I went to my bios to turn on rapid intel storge tech and it said we ran into a problem i let it resart and it went into a loop so i turned it off and went to login everything was reset and memory was lost. CAN SOMBODY HELP...
  8. Intel Rapid Storage driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Rapid Storage driver: why won't the Intel Rapid Storage driver install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/intel-rapid-storage-driver/50e737b2-6bc0-453a-b5d9-a0472e268d3c
  9. Intel Storage Or rapid storage

Intel Storage Or rapid storage: Hi , I am having this issue after IRS just decided to merge both of my hard drives into one and creating a recovery thing on it , I believe its called array which is named by SATA_Array_0000 , my ssd is around 250 GB and the other harddrive is 1TB which is gone now ,...
  10. Intel rapid storage on or off?

Intel rapid storage on or off?: Was poking around in BIOS and saw option for intel rapid storage tech was set to off. I have an SSD but wondered if it should on or off. Obviously I didn’t tinker as don’t want to cause carnage but was just curious 104449