Windows 10: Intel RST and Z77

Discus and support Intel RST and Z77 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey all, I have Z77 chipset, Ivy Bridge, Intel SSD etc. Intel haven't updated it's RST for Z77 in a long time, the latest working version is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArmaRayo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. ArmaRayo Win User

Intel RST and Z77

Hey all,

I have Z77 chipset, Ivy Bridge, Intel SSD etc.

Intel haven't updated it's RST for Z77 in a long time, the latest working version is 13.1.0.1058 - although release notes of few later drivers say those are also for Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller - but when manually installing from Device Manager it refuses to update further than 13.1.0.1058.

How could I or should I try to use later driver than 13.1.0.1058?

Some say for example that I could choose from manual list (when updating driver in DM) an Intel 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI controller - does that work? Are there benefits in using that?

I read that Intel didn't even develope driver line 13.x with Z77 in mind but that even older 12.x line is for Z77?

One of the problems with these is that those were done before Win 10 and no update for Win 10 compatible driver(s) ever surfaced.

Any thoughts?

:)

ArmaRayo, Mar 8, 2017
  2. NewSouth Win User

Raid Array won't initialize in disk management

Update:

Solved with latest Intel RST drivers, 15.9.0.1015. Specifically, ran the SetupRST.EXE download to update, and resolved the issues.

Intel's RST driver page is
    here

Thanks!

NewSouth, Mar 8, 2017
  3. Max Barrass, Mar 8, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Intel RST and Z77

What is the make and model# of your Computer/Motherboard? Go to the Manufacturer's support download drivers site, and type in your model#. This should be the best Chipset driver for your model, it may not be the latest, but it is the driver that was specifically written for it. If there are no yellow flags in the Device Manager, and your computer is working well, then you don't need to update the driver. If there is an update for the driver, it will be available, thru Windows Update
    Other then that you can update it here Download USB 3.0 Driver: Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family

spunk, Mar 10, 2017
Thema:

Intel RST and Z77

1. Intel RST and Z77 - Similar Threads - Intel RST Z77

2. No disable option for intel RST

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No disable option for intel RST: Hi, Im unable to to change my intel RST to AHCI, there is no enable/disable option on my Vostro 15 3590. Can someone pls help me i wanted to disable it to install ubantu 20.04.Thank you...
  3. Intel RST driver concern

Intel RST driver concern: An Intel RST driver already downloaded through WU on my desktop with a Z370 chipset. Device Manager nags with a pop up message that Intel 300 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller is ready to install the driver A probable cause for raised concern was found on Win-Raid : this...
  4. Intel RST will not setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel RST will not setup: I attempted to install Intel RTS on my desktop. After the setup window walks me through the basic first few steps the program said that it is going to reboot the PC into safe mode to complete the installation. My PC turned off and it started boot looping. Now I don't see...
  5. intel RST driver

intel RST driver: couldn't update Windows 10 intel rst doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rst-driver/89c4ee5f-170d-443c-b166-4c4a8c955750
  6. Update 1903 with Intel RST

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1903 with Intel RST: Hi, while updating i found out that my pc (an HP Probook 450 G4, with SSD drive ) is one of those that have compatibiliy issues (i have the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology"), so i've updated my drivers (from the Intel Site) and got the latest version (17.5.1.1021). That...
  7. Intel RST service is not running

Intel RST service is not running: Windows 10, 64-bit. The desktop taskbar icon says that the Intel RST service is not running and I can’t get the application (or at least the UI) to open. The thing is that the service IS running (as per Task Manger etc), consuming CPU merrily. I tested this by unplugging...
  8. Intel RST Driver

Intel RST Driver: I usually browse this forum to keep up with new driver updates and whatnot (especially all those freaking Realtek driver updates!), but I haven't seen a post about Intel RST drivers, so I'd like to let people know that Intel release a new version a little while ago:...
  9. intel rst will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel rst will not install: With the newest build of win10 I cannot install intel rst. Says I need dot net installed. When I goto install dot net it says I have the newest on installed. Asus z97a mobo Intel i7 4790k 16Gb gskill ram Gtx 970 Samsung 850 pro ssd 5327
  10. Intel RST Service Not Running

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel RST Service Not Running: I keep running into this and it is affecting my overall performance. It slows to a crawl at times, mostly when playing videos. Because videos are what I do, it is a problem. I've been chasing this for a while and can't find reliable information. Neither Acer or Intel have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel rst sabertooth z77

2. z77 rst windows10

3. intel rapid storage windows 10 64 bit z77

4. windows 10 1903 intel rst series 7 Z77 ,
  5. intel rst z77,
  6. intel rst windows 10 1903 Z77,
  7. z77 intel rst drivers windows 10,
  8. z77 rst intel windows10,
  9. Intel® Z77 Express-Chipsatz rst,
  10. intel z77 rst version,
  11. intel rst for z77 chipset,