Windows 10: Intel RST Install Error: Platfrom not supported

Discus and support Intel RST Install Error: Platfrom not supported in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've just finished clean installing Windows 10 and I'm trying to install Intel RST ,however, I keep getting an error right at the beginning saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ktm583, Aug 8, 2015.

1. ktm583 Win User

Intel RST Install Error: Platfrom not supported

I've just finished clean installing Windows 10 and I'm trying to install Intel RST ,however, I keep getting an error right at the beginning saying "Platfrom not supported". I've checked to make sure im trying to install the correct version for Windows 10( https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...ST-RAID-Driver ). I'm using the executable, not the F6 method version. I've also downloaded the latest Intel chipset device software.

I have attached the Install Log file. Any help would be appreciated.

IntelRSTInstall.txt

:)

ktm583, Aug 8, 2015

2. Intel RST service

I have downloaded the lastest version of intel rst service but cannot be installed. All i see is not supported.

anthony yinka, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Max Barrass, Aug 8, 2015
  4. petr23 Win User

petr23, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Simple Win User
    Intel RST Drivers up to v11.2.0.1006 are for Southbridge AHCI/RAID systems from ICH7R/M up to 7-Series Chipsets, except X79.

RST Drivers from v11.5 up (the latest is v14.6.0.1029) are designed for newer Intel chipsets 7-Series up (from v13.2 only 8-Series and later are supported), X79 not supported

RSTe drivers v3.x/v4.x for Intel C600/C600+ Series Chipsets like X79 and X99

Simple, Aug 8, 2015
  6. ktm583 Win User
    I'm not sure what the chipset series is, but I know its a 2nd Gen core i5 processor (i5-2400) maybe that helps?

ktm583, Aug 8, 2015
  7. Simple Win User
    I5 2nd generation is probably mobile Intel® HM65 Express Chipset which is part of the mobile Intel® 6 Series Chipset family and unlikely to be higher than 7-Series.

You can find out from the manufacturer specifications

Simple, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Simple Win User

It is actually Intel H61 Express (Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset).

I think "Intel RST(e) AHCI/RAID Drivers v12.9.4.1000/1001" is the highest you can go. Higher versions might install but may not be beneficial.

Simple, Aug 8, 2015
  9. ktm583 Win User
    Can you suggest a cite to look that up or should I just google it, I have two more computers to install it on and they are older and newer.

ktm583, Aug 9, 2015
  10. Simple Win User
    A site to look for the computer chipset?
    check the review sites sometimes they mention what chipset is on the system. However, the intel site has info on the chipsets and if you google intel chipset wiki, they list the years the chipsets were produced.
    But a sure way of doing it, is:
    Run msinfo32.exe this will give all system info.
    System Summary --> Hardware Resources -->IRQs . go through the list you will se it mentioned somewhere.

Simple, Aug 9, 2015
  11. ktm583 Win User
    I checked with msinfo and it is a 6 series. I tried installing v12.9.0.1000 (intel's site did not have v12.9.4.1000) and I got the same error " This platform is not supported". Here is the log file:IntelRSTInstall2.txt

I'll try finding v12.9.4.1000 online and installing it.

ktm583, Aug 9, 2015
  12. Simple Win User
    Simple, Aug 9, 2015
  13. ktm583 Win User

ktm583, Aug 9, 2015
  14. Simple Win User
    I reviewed the log in your first post and it is obvious that RST installation was looking for 8 Series and above, which is not on your computer. Please answer the following:
    Which Windows do you have (Home, Pro, 32, 64) and are you installing as Administrator?
    Did you have RST installed on Windows before 10 and what version?
    Did you check if a version of RST is already installed (Control Panel --> uninstall)
    Did you try to install the same old one again?
    Did you try V12.9.0.1001 ?
    Did you try V11.2.0.1006 ?

A quick search showed that RST V10.0.0.1046 is the one released for your computer, did you try that? I checked and found Dell Inspiron 620 came with different arrangements, so I am not 100% sure that yours has H61 Chipset. Check using the service tag if an RST driver was released for your computer and which version.

I have 7 Series on my laptop, and if I install an RST driver that is for 8 up, while it will not do much good, it will still install.

Update:
    I came across this solution, I think it is relevant:
    http://en.community.dell.com/support...514/t/19441310
    Ensure you have the latest BIOS update.
    Good luck.

Update 2:
    For the benefit of all forum members:
    There is a new Rapid Storage Technology driver release "V14.6.0.1029", I noticed 7-Series chipset is listed amongst the ones it supports, I installed and it seems to be working well.
    https://mega.nz/#!AY0hTDBQ!HlJhJ8TtY...3WCsPK4lzGDo7E

Simple, Aug 9, 2015
  15. ktm583 Win User
    I have Windows 10 Home 64bit and I'm installing as an administrator.
    I did not have RST installed before.
    I did not check to see if RST is already installed, this is a clean install and I had not yet successfully installed it.
    Did I try: v12.9.0.1000, yes
    v11.2.0.1006, no
    v10.0.0.1046, no

From the first link I think I found the problem. My BIOS is up to date as possible, but according to the forum you linked the BIOS is set to ATAPI mode by default and does not have the option to change to AHCI or RAID. Therefor it is not compatible with Intel RST. The forum did mention it might work if you made mods to the BIOS before you flashed it, but at this time I don't think it is worth it.

Thanks so much for your help.

ktm583, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel RST Install Error: Platfrom not supported - Similar Threads - Intel RST Install

2. Intel RST Memory Modules and Drivers not installing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel RST Memory Modules and Drivers not installing.: Hey,I have two issues that I need help for.1. I have an Asus X407UAR Laptop. My SATA Configuration is set to `Intel RST Premium with Optane System Acceleration`. But, when I open the Intel RST app, it shows that there are no Memory Modules installed.2. I cannot install...
  3. Question about Intel RST 18.x supported chipsets

Question about Intel RST 18.x supported chipsets: The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is sometimes unreliable when it comes to checking for updates for my device. Hence me asking this question here. I have a Gigabyte Z370 HD3 motherboard along with a Neo Forza Zion NFS01 (no nvme). Intel Rapid Storage Driver has started a...
  4. Intel RST will not setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel RST will not setup: I attempted to install Intel RTS on my desktop. After the setup window walks me through the basic first few steps the program said that it is going to reboot the PC into safe mode to complete the installation. My PC turned off and it started boot looping. Now I don't see...
  5. intel RST driver

intel RST driver: couldn't update Windows 10 intel rst doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rst-driver/89c4ee5f-170d-443c-b166-4c4a8c955750
  6. Intel RST Driver

Intel RST Driver: I usually browse this forum to keep up with new driver updates and whatnot (especially all those freaking Realtek driver updates!), but I haven't seen a post about Intel RST drivers, so I'd like to let people know that Intel release a new version a little while ago:...
  7. intel rst will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel rst will not install: With the newest build of win10 I cannot install intel rst. Says I need dot net installed. When I goto install dot net it says I have the newest on installed. Asus z97a mobo Intel i7 4790k 16Gb gskill ram Gtx 970 Samsung 850 pro ssd 5327
  8. Intel RST and Z77

Intel RST and Z77: Hey all, I have Z77 chipset, Ivy Bridge, Intel SSD etc. Intel haven't updated it's RST for Z77 in a long time, the latest working version is 13.1.0.1058 - although release notes of few later drivers say those are also for Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI...
  9. Cant install Intel RST program

Cant install Intel RST program: im trying to install intel RST (rapid storage Technology) to try to restore my once blazing fast laptop. not that it works anyway but the setup keeps asking for .net framework 4.5 but windows comes with .net framework 4.6 & 4.5 and below. so i tried disabling the windows...
  10. Intel RST installation set up incorrectly

Intel RST installation set up incorrectly: Hi, I've just bought a Dell refurbished XPS 15, but it seems like whoever reinstalled the system software did it incorrectly, and subsequently the machine is almost unusable. I'm hoping someone here can help me out with how to get it running properly. The issue is that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. v12.9.4.1000

2. platfrom not supported windows 10 intel rst

3. problem install intel chipset platfrom not support

4. v12.9.4.1000 drivers for Intel hm65,
  5. intel rst driver not supported,
  6. intel rst the platform is not supported,
  7. intel rst install error,
  8. intel rst on h61