Windows 10: Intel RST, RAID and Write Cache Settings

Discus and support Intel RST, RAID and Write Cache Settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1 with RST version 14.0.0.1143. I have two RAID arrays on the Intel MB controller, a 2-SSD RAID 0 for the system and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DJG, Aug 4, 2015.

1. DJG
    DJG Win User

Intel RST, RAID and Write Cache Settings

I upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1 with RST version 14.0.0.1143. I have two RAID arrays on the Intel MB controller, a 2-SSD RAID 0 for the system and a 4-SSD RAID 10 for data. I sometimes experienced system freezing when mucking with the write cache settings in the RST app, but otherwise worked fine.

I recently updated to the new generic 14.5.0.1081 on the Intel site (not the previously available one for NUC), which has been working fine for a couple of days surviving several restarts and hibernations. I had a freeze during restart again after playing with the caching mode, but after resetting the system came up with no problems.

I noticed that the write caching setting in the device manager disk properties does not match the setting I have in the RST app. Windows says write caching is on but I have it turned off in RST. Buffer flushing is enabled.

Anybody know if these two settings are for different aspects of the caching mode, are they not mutually exclusive with the device-level taking precedence, or is this a buggy conflict which mighty explain the occasional weirdness? For now I'm leaving caching off, as it still runs nicely quick.

:)

2. Windows 10 very slow boot and bad performance after fall update SOLVED

The issue is now solved thanks to some very helpful guys at the intel community.

In short, the windows 10 fall update broke the Intel SATA RAID driver and deactivated RST (SSD caching). The solution is explained in this thread Why is caching Intel RST very slow on windows 1... |Intel Communities

MiquelColom, Aug 4, 2015
  3. auggy Win User
    auggy, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Geneo Win User

Windows write caching and intels are two different beasts. The Windows setting enables write caching in the drive itself. The Intel were caching is done uses system memory at the is level.

Geneo, Aug 4, 2015
  5. DJG
    DJG Win User
    Thanks, Geneo. So Windows is managing the caching on the individual drives in the RAID array, while the RST app manages the caching on the RAID array itself. That makes perfect sense. Sounds like the weirdness is probably an early release feature of RST.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Thema:

1. Intel RST, RAID and Write Cache Settings - Similar Threads - Intel RST RAID

2. Write caching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Write caching: I don't know if it's windows 10 or my hard drive but every time I enable write caching it gets disabled after a restart I need this to be on without it write speed is 10 to 15 MB. submitted by /u/Trick_Economy_5565 [link] [comments]...
  3. Onboard Raid with Intel RST or Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onboard Raid with Intel RST or Storage Spaces?: I've been looking everywhere and can't find any good info on this. I have an Asus ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA motherboard with raid on it. I am planning on setting up a raid 1 between two 14TB WD Ultrastar drives. Would I be better off setting it up via the bios and use Intel RST...
  4. Intel RST will not setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel RST will not setup: I attempted to install Intel RTS on my desktop. After the setup window walks me through the basic first few steps the program said that it is going to reboot the PC into safe mode to complete the installation. My PC turned off and it started boot looping. Now I don't see...
  5. Does the Intel RST need to be active on a non-raid system?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does the Intel RST need to be active on a non-raid system?: Have a question - Have another DELL XPS-8930-SE desktop with one internal 2TB m.2 SSD for boot and a 2TB SATA-6 HDD for secondary. Do I need to have the Intel Rapid Storage Technology active? Look at this BIOS - Isn't AHCI enough? The system is in a non-RAID configuration....
  6. Intel RST and Z77

Intel RST and Z77: Hey all, I have Z77 chipset, Ivy Bridge, Intel SSD etc. Intel haven't updated it's RST for Z77 in a long time, the latest working version is 13.1.0.1058 - although release notes of few later drivers say those are also for Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI...
  7. Intel RST RAID driver in Windows 10 causing disk errors!

Intel RST RAID driver in Windows 10 causing disk errors!: Hi, I have a PC with Asus P9X79 Deluxe motherboard. It has Intel chipset and Intel BIOS RAID (RSTe) and 6 SATA ports connected to it. The chipset IDE controller lists in Linux as: Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset SATA RAID Controller (rev 06), and the PCI ID...
  8. Intel RAID / RST USER INTERFACE?? [GUI] Windows 10? Where?

Intel RAID / RST USER INTERFACE?? [GUI] Windows 10? Where?: gang I cannot find a download anywhere for the USER Console/GUI/UI for Intel RST [rapid storage technology] that is compatible with Windows 10? This is NOT a driver question - the driver [latest dated august and ONLY one certified for Windows 10 64 bit] is already loaded and...
  9. Intel RST installation set up incorrectly

Intel RST installation set up incorrectly: Hi, I've just bought a Dell refurbished XPS 15, but it seems like whoever reinstalled the system software did it incorrectly, and subsequently the machine is almost unusable. I'm hoping someone here can help me out with how to get it running properly. The issue is that...
  10. Intel RST Drive Cache Creation Problem (Error 0xA005004E)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Intel RST Drive Cache Creation Problem (Error 0xA005004E): Back then, when I got my computer (Dell Pre-Configured), the SSD in it was configured to have the factory configured version of Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit, so if my OS pear-shaped somehow, I could use the in-built "Create Recovery Drive" program to access and reinstall the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Turns off hiberfile caching in Intel(R) RST driver.

2. hiberfile caching intel rst driver

3. turns off hiberfile caching in intel(r) rst driver とは

4. how to check rst caching is working,
  5. intel rst cache mode not detecting,
  6. intel rst create cache disk,
  7. what dose hiberfile caching intel rst driver,
  8. what is hiberfile caching,
  9. hiberfile caching