Windows 10: Intel RST vs Windows AHCI drivers.

Discus and support Intel RST vs Windows AHCI drivers. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Does anybody know whether the Intel RST drivers (in AHCI mode) perform better than the Windows installed SATA drivers? Has anyone uninstalled RST... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kol12, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Kol12 Win User

Intel RST vs Windows AHCI drivers.

Does anybody know whether the Intel RST drivers (in AHCI mode) perform better than the Windows installed SATA drivers? Has anyone uninstalled RST drivers? I get a warning that I will not be able to uninstall them.

Intel RST vs Windows AHCI drivers. [​IMG]

:)

Kol12, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Aquinus Win User

Intel RST AHCI driver for ICH10R?

They hide stuff from you, probably to try and get you to upgrade. Intel's site says nothing about RSTe 4.2 or 4.3 drivers being supporting on anything other than C200 and C600 chipsets however, they work incredibly well on X79. On the same token, the latest RST drivers (for RAID,) also seems to work on my X79 in RSTe mode.

Needless to say, I think Intel needs to consolidate RAID drivers into a single package and AHCI drivers into a single package as opposed to trying to support several different versions for several revisions of the same damn thing running probably the same damn software.

I'm glad you got it to work but, I would have attempting forcing the installation of the newer AHCI driver. The first time I used the C200/C600 chipset RAID drivers on my X79 board, it didn't simply "accept" it and I had to force it to install. Ran great but, it wouldn't just take it.
    So does Intel: Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver

All prior releases of RST should be in this list: Downloads for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)

Aquinus, Nov 20, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User

Yep, something I have found is Intel RAID drivers as they are called are also their AHCI SATA drivers, so they are perfectly safe to install even in non-RAID systems.

rtwjunkie, Nov 20, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

ICH10R is support is discontinued in RST since 2013. If you're using some of the newer versions of Windows (8.1 and 10), you're better off using Microsoft's AHCI driver. It's more stable.

btarunr, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Intel RST vs Windows AHCI drivers. - Similar Threads - Intel RST AHCI

2. Having issues with intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues with intel RST driver: Hello community , I am having problems where my laptop freezes for 20 seconds and comes back again , and when i see the logs in the event viewer , these are the two errors ,"The IO operation at logical block address 0x2759328 for Disk 0 PDO name: \Device\00000036 was...
  3. Having issues with intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with intel RST driver: Hello community , I am having problems where my laptop freezes for 20 seconds and comes back again , and when i see the logs in the event viewer , these are the two errors ,"The IO operation at logical block address 0x2759328 for Disk 0 PDO name: \Device\00000036 was...
  4. Intel RST driver concern

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel RST driver concern: An Intel RST driver already downloaded through WU on my desktop with a Z370 chipset. Device Manager nags with a pop up message that Intel 300 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller is ready to install the driver A probable cause for raised concern was found on Win-Raid : this...
  5. Changing Intel RST to AHCI in BIOS menu causes Windows to fail to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Changing Intel RST to AHCI in BIOS menu causes Windows to fail to boot: I'm trying to boot Ubuntu 20.04.1 from a flash drive to my Windows 10 PC. When I enter the boot menu I can select the drive and I get as far as "Install Ubuntu" before it tells me I have to disable Intel RST in the BIOS menu before Ubuntu can install. The only other option in...
  6. Intel RST Driver Question

Intel RST Driver Question: I've never been able to find an explanation...closest think was win-raid.com. My desktop has a Z270 chipset and my new Dell XPS 15 9500 has a mobile 400-series chipset. Right now I'm running Intel RST driver version 18.30.3.1148 on both. Based on what I read the 400-series...
  7. intel RST driver

intel RST driver: couldn't update Windows 10 intel rst doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rst-driver/89c4ee5f-170d-443c-b166-4c4a8c955750
  8. AHCI to RST

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AHCI to RST: Hello, I've been messing around a little bit with Linux dual boot so i had to switch from RST to AHCI and change some stuff in the registry. Now I want to switch back from AHCI to RST without causing any damage, I don't mind to format my Windows 10 if necessary (need to...
  9. Unable to change from Intel RST (fakeraid) to AHCI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to change from Intel RST (fakeraid) to AHCI: For various reasons, I am attempting to change my system from Intel RST to AHCI. I followed the various guides I have found on the internet to go about this. Here was my process: 1. cmd: bcdedit /set {current} safeboot minimal 2. regedit: changed...
  10. Intel RST Driver

Intel RST Driver: I usually browse this forum to keep up with new driver updates and whatnot (especially all those freaking Realtek driver updates!), but I haven't seen a post about Intel RST drivers, so I'd like to let people know that Intel release a new version a little while ago:...