Windows 10: Intel Security Issue Update: Addressing Reboot Issues

Discus and support Intel Security Issue Update: Addressing Reboot Issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As Intel CEO Brian Krzanich emphasized in his Security-First Pledge, Intel is committed to transparency in reporting progress in handling the Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Intel Security Issue Update: Addressing Reboot Issues

Source: https://newsroom.intel.com/news/inte...reboot-issues/

UPDATE 1/17:

Read more: https://newsroom.intel.com/news/firm...enter-systems/

UPDATE 1/22:

Source: https://newsroom.intel.com/news/root...-and-partners/

Brink, Jan 11, 2018
  2. Borg 386 Win User

Meltdown-Spectre firmware glitch: Intel warns of risk of sudden reboots | ZDNet

:)

Borg 386, Jan 11, 2018
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    security update patch for Intel chip issues

Hello,

It is possible that we are facing an issue with the specific update that is being automatically installed on your computer. We'd like to clarify, which specific update is being installed? Can you send us the screenshot of the status of the specific update
    via Update History?

Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Jan 11, 2018
  4. Intel Security Issue Update: Addressing Reboot Issues

security update patch for Intel chip issues

Hi,

It is true that the issue that you are experiencing with your Windows 10 computer may be related to the most recent updates that were installed on your computer.
    Microsoft continually strives to keep its products updated by rolling out improvements and fixes to known issues such as this. We recommend that you check this
    article and manually install the update via the
    Microsoft Update Catalog.

Should you have any other concerns, feel free to post back.

Freddrick Pal, Jan 11, 2018
  5. Faith Win User
    Does this affect private users running Haswell-E aswell? I only see mention of data centers and clients. I expect to get a firmware update for my X99 Haswell CPU soon, should I wait to update because of this?

Faith, Jan 11, 2018
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    Can't say for certain, but I have seen a couple other issues caused by the patches for this problem. My guess is they're in "panic mode" to patch this ASAP & probably cutting a few corners to get it out there.

Myself, I'm going to sit back & wait a bit until I'm sure they have all the issues sorted.

Borg 386, Jan 12, 2018
  7. Faith Win User
    Faith, Jan 17, 2018
  8. clam1952 Win User

Myself, I'm watching the Asus forum for any problems regarding the fixes, I'm assuming Data Centres are not using the same motherboards as end users, so may or may not be an issue for us. Asus issued some more Bios updates today though.

Data centres might be just applying the microcode direct rather than through a Bios update? that could be the issue I suppose.

clam1952, Jan 17, 2018
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
  10. Cliff S New Member
  11. clam1952 Win User
    Pretty much everything after Core 2 then which are probably not likely to get any update anyway, still got a Core 2 Toshiba laptop running Mint
    It looks like Ubuntu have stuffed up their Kernel update which apparently won't boot and requires another update.
    Think it's safer to leave well alone for a while and accept the minimal risk by not patching.

It's all beginning to look a bit like the public are Alpha testing patches. *Rolleyes

clam1952, Jan 18, 2018
  12. Borg 386 Win User
    Spectre-Meltdown glitches: Intel warns that new PCs, servers also risk unexpected reboots

Spectre-Meltdown glitches: Intel warns that new PCs, servers also risk unexpected reboots - TechRepublic

Borg 386, Jan 21, 2018
  13. Faith Win User

https://newsroom.intel.com/news/root...-and-partners/

Faith, Jan 21, 2018
  14. AndreTen Win User
    And also...

security-center.intel | dvisory

AndreTen, Jan 21, 2018
  15. When I updated my BIOS, zero reboots so far, only the one times that I did it myself ofcourse!

RingTailCoon, Jan 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel Security Issue Update: Addressing Reboot Issues - Similar Threads - Intel Security Issue

2. Security update issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security update issue: After microsoft did a security update i have been locked out of my laptop and because my security details are out of date i can not reset my password can anyone help me?...
  3. Security update issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security update issue: After microsoft did a security update i have been locked out of my laptop and because my security details are out of date i can not reset my password can anyone help me?...
  4. Issue with Reboot After Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with Reboot After Update: I seem to have an issue with my system rebooting after Windows updates. Downloads and installs updates fine but manual or automatic reboot to finish the installation results in a hang after post I think. Shutting down the computer via power switch and restarting brings it...
  5. update and security issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    update and security issues: Hello, I am trying to scan my laptop, but nothing happens when I hit the "scan now" button. I tried with any kind of scan. I also tried the "sfc /scannow" and this is the message I receive: Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. I followed the...
  6. UPDATE INTEL ME FIRMWARE FOR CONVERGED SECURITY & MANAGEMENT ENGINE ISSUES IN INTEL...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UPDATE INTEL ME FIRMWARE FOR CONVERGED SECURITY & MANAGEMENT ENGINE ISSUES IN INTEL...: Kaspersky Password Manager Create a strong password for your account Intel was notified of an issue with the Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) firmware. An attacker with physical access could do the following on an individual platform: Bypass...
  7. Intel Converged Security and Management Engine Issue

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Converged Security and Management Engine Issue: Intel was notified of an issue with the Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME) firmware. An attacker with physical access could do the following on an individual platform: Bypass Intel® CSME anti-replay protection, thus allowing potential brute force...
  8. Intel Security Issue Update: Progress Continues on Firmware Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Security Issue Update: Progress Continues on Firmware Updates: Intel continues to work closely with industry partners to protect customers against the security exploits disclosed by Google Project Zero. As I shared January 22, we identified the root cause of the reboot issue affecting the initial Broadwell and Haswell microcode updates....
  9. Intel Offers Security Issue Update

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Offers Security Issue Update: To best ensure security of our customers’ data, we are working with the industry to develop and distribute software and firmware mitigations for the exploit methods disclosed by Google Project Zero (also known as “Spectre” and “Meltdown”). As of now, we have not received any...
  10. Intel Issues Updates to Protect Systems from Security Exploits

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Issues Updates to Protect Systems from Security Exploits: Intel and Its Partners Have Made Significant Progress in Deploying Updates as Software Patches and Firmware Updates SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 4, 2018 — Intel has developed and is rapidly issuing updates for all types of Intel-based computer systems — including personal...