Windows 10: Intel software updater and it finding undeeded Thunderbolt driver

Discus and support Intel software updater and it finding undeeded Thunderbolt driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Intel software updater said my laptop needed Thunderbolt 3 drivers. I had no idea what they were so downloaded and allowed them to be installed. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by john7, Oct 2, 2018.

1. john7 Win User

Intel software updater and it finding undeeded Thunderbolt driver

Intel software updater said my laptop needed Thunderbolt 3 drivers. I had no idea what they were so downloaded and allowed them to be installed. When I reran the updater it again said the drivers were needed and non were installed so did it again. It was odd as the install had to uninstall drivers that were said not installed. I then found what thunderbolt is and my 4 year old windows laptop doesn’t have any such hardware installed.
    Is this a new problem or one I could block in future?

:)

john7, Oct 2, 2018

2. Windows 10 Pro Workstation Thunderbolt 2

I used all of your suggestions. According to system file checker -- there is nothing damaged or missing. I also uninstall the Thunderbolt software and reinstall it. That did not work. What would be the next steps to resolve this issue? Contacting a Microsoft
    support engineer? Contacting Dell Pro-Support? What are your suggestions?

Here is the link to the Thunderbolt driver:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us...de=precision-t7810-workstation&driverId=MYDH5

I appreciate your support Mr. Mon.

Jordan_Alpine, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Startup error on discontinued Intel driver

Hi David,

Windows 10 update remove the Intel WiDi driver due to compatibility issue. We suggest uninstalling the Intel WiDi driver from Control Panel to avoid it from showing up every time you start your computer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Choose Programs and Features.
    • Click Intel (R) WiDi Driver and hit Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know goes.

Monica Cam, Oct 2, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

How to use Intel Rapid Storage Tech software with Kyhi boot rescue

When using the Kyhi boot if the Intel RST acceleration can be disabled the 750 GB drive in RAID 0 can then be moved to any computer and the files read.

Intel was contacted regarding the Intel RST and they indicated that the Intel RST is a HP driver.
    HP was contacted regarding the failure to install the driver(s) and they indicated that they troubleshoot hardware and not software.

When using Kyhi boot rescue does the classification as to whether it is software or a driver impact the ability to install?

Are there any other steps to get the software or drive installed when using Kyhi boot rescue?

There was an error log for the Intel RST.
    Amazingly there was no troubleshooting support of the log available at Intel or HP.

SIW2 the steps that were listed in the post #6 I was not able to interpret.
    Please use alternative words and steps so that they can be followed by a beginner.

zbook, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel software updater and it finding undeeded Thunderbolt driver - Similar Threads - Intel software updater

2. update software drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update software drivers: how do i update software drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-software-drivers/ed74ba83-03c5-4464-889a-21b0e0d664f4
  3. Update driver software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update driver software: I try to update my Bluetooth portable device to MTB USB device but It was showing Window found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it MTP USB device The system cannot find the path specified If you know the manufacturer of your...
  4. Thunderbolt Software Error - 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thunderbolt Software Error - 0x80070643: I am trying to download the Thunderbolt Software as my laptop does not charge using a Thunderbolt 4 port and trying different solutions. I receive the fatal error code 0x80070643. Log below. I also do not see a Driver in Device Manager titled "Thunderbolt," but I have tried...
  5. Thunderbolt Software Error - 0x80070643

Thunderbolt Software Error - 0x80070643: I am trying to download the Thunderbolt Software as my laptop does not charge using a Thunderbolt 4 port and trying different solutions. I receive the fatal error code 0x80070643. Log below. I also do not see a Driver in Device Manager titled "Thunderbolt," but I have tried...
  6. Driver updating software?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver updating software?: Hi, Anyone used a driver updater that looks for new driver software updates? Could please recommend any? I was using Avast Driver Updater, but I'm wanting something better. 178352
  7. Intel Drivers update

Intel Drivers update: When Widows update, it seems it overlooks the Intel drivers. Even as of now the windows doesn't show any Intel drivers need updating, but when I ran Intel Driver Support Assistant, it showed 3 drivers need updating Blue Tooth, Audio and Rapid Storage technology, How Windows...
  8. Intel driver updates

Intel driver updates: Hi Just installed some "optional updates" via the update checker. I've since read that these will take you back to an older version and basically should not have been released. All I remember is they where Intel and Hewlet Packard. In fact its still showing you 1 to...
  9. Intel Drivers Update

Intel Drivers Update: [ATTACH]Since the new update of my graphics driver(26.20.100.7263) The control panel is nowhere to be found. Intel says I should download the app in the Microsoft store and I did, but it says an old version has been installed so I can't open. When I checked the Intel's...
  10. Thunderbolt Software Opens Blank Windows

Thunderbolt Software Opens Blank Windows: Hello, so I'm trying to add a device through my Thunderbolt 3 port on my laptop (Dell XPS 13 9350) running Windows 10 Home. When I open a window for the Thunderbolt Software App; be it settings, attached devices, etc, the window opens but is completely white apart from the...