Windows 10: Intel SST Audio Device Driver in my laptop. I am not able to hear any sounds fro any...

Discus and support Intel SST Audio Device Driver in my laptop. I am not able to hear any sounds fro any... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I deleted it because this audio driver was not working but how do install this audio drive, a few days ago updated at this Intel SST Audio Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gopal Das_20, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Intel SST Audio Device Driver in my laptop. I am not able to hear any sounds fro any...

I deleted it because this audio driver was not working but how do install this audio drive, a few days ago updated at this Intel SST Audio Device Drive but no sound was any application coming so I deleted this drive.

How do I install it again? Gopal Bhar

:)

Gopal Das_20, Apr 7, 2020

2. I am unable to play sound - Intel SST Audio Device (WMD) not working.

My computer is currently not playing any sound and will not record any sound. This is the case if I'm trying to play a locally stored video or sound through Audacity or if I am trying to play a youtube video on the internet.

Background. All was fine 2 days ago. I tried to install a USB Mic and it wasn't working, so I began trying to update all the drivers on my system. I went to my manufacturer's website and
    installed all the latest driver's manually. Although the mic still wasn't working, as least the internal computer sound and playback devices were still working. Still triyng to get the USB mic to work, I then uninstalled the Sound, video and game controllers/
    Intel SSD Audio Device (WMD) device & Realtek device from the Device Manager and rebooted the computer. After the reboot, my sound icon in the system tray next to the date had an X on it and I could no longer play sound or record sound using the internal
    computer devices.

Basic Computer Info

1. Device type: Notebook ASUS Eeebook Notebook X205T

2. Who made it and model, HDD size: ASUS Eeebook Notebook X205TA, 32GB EMMC memory, extra files stored on OneDrive

3. OS type: Windows 8.1 with Bing (this is the info listed at Control Panel/System & Security/System).

4. Current build. Hit the WIN key, type winver, hit Enter.: Windows 8, Version 6.3 (build 9600).

5. Mic/Interface attachments to the computer; None. The only devices listed for sound/playback in the Playback/Recording screen before this occurred was the Intel SST Audio Device (WMD).

Sadly, I do not have any Restore points to revert the computer back to because my Drive Protection was off when all this happened.

What I've Done So Far:

1. Visited the Asus Website and Downloaded and installed all the driver's listed here:

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS_EeeBook_X205TA/HelpDesk_Download/
    . I downloaded the driver's and then extracted them and ran the setup.exe files for each of the driver's to install them. (One set of driver's did not have a setup.exe file, so for
    that one I copied the driver's to the C:/windows/system32/drivers subfolder, then went to Device Manager and Clicked Action/Scan for Hardware changes and then rebooted my computer.)

Result: Windows Sound was still working after this step (even after a restart of computer).

2. Uninstalled the Sound, video and game controllers/ Intel SSD Audio Device (WMD) device and
    Uninstalled the Sound, Video and Game Controllers/Realtek Audio Codec device from the Device Manager and rebooted the computer. After Reboot, both devices were relisted in the Device Manager.

Result: Computer would no longer play any sound. I could not make any changes in the Sound/Playback or Sound/Recording sections of the Control Panel. The Levels tabs in Playback and Recording sections are now blank. The only device showing on the Playback
    and Recording screens was the Intel SST Audio Device (WMC) and it was showing as Default Device on both screen.

3. Ran the Audio Troubleshooter.

Result: Windows could not fix all the issues. Issues found was that the audio device was not enabled. (When I go to the Sound/Playback or Sound/Recording sections of the Control Panel, the only button showing is "Disable" for the Intel SST Audio Device
    (WMD).

Thank you very much for your help!

LaTonya_99, Apr 7, 2020
  3. kapilpal Win User
    intel sst audio controller are not installing is windows 10

i am having a sound problem in my acer e5-575g laptop. i tried to update the audio drivers using some driver pack software...but the problem still continues ...intel sst audio controller are not instaalling in my device..i have tried everything ..give me
    a wayout

kapilpal, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Intel SST Audio Device Driver in my laptop. I am not able to hear any sounds fro any...

Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel SST) Audio Controller Issue

I'm having issue with the Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel SST) Audio Controller on Aspire VN7-792G.

I'm on Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.164).

The Device Manager shows I have the latest driver but troubleshooting has shown 'Audio services not responding' and the issue is not fixed.

I've tried Intel Driver Update Utility 2.4 but no drivers showed up after scanning.

Regards,

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Daniel Vong, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Intel SST Audio Device Driver in my laptop. I am not able to hear any sounds fro any...

1. Intel SST Audio Device Driver in my laptop. I am not able to hear any sounds fro any... - Similar Threads - Intel SST Audio

2. I need help. I can't hear any sound from my laptop. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help. I can't hear any sound from my laptop. Any ideas?: Hello everyone. I need some help. I could not hear anything from my laptop. The only thing that is working, is when I plug in my second monitor, and the sound is coming from the monitor, but I can't travel with it :. So, what did I do till now. I did go to the Device Manager...
  3. I need help. I can't hear any sound from my laptop. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help. I can't hear any sound from my laptop. Any ideas?: Hello everyone. I need some help. I could not hear anything from my laptop. The only thing that is working, is when I plug in my second monitor, and the sound is coming from the monitor, but I can't travel with it :. So, what did I do till now. I did go to the Device Manager...
  4. I need help. I can't hear any sound from my laptop. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I can't hear any sound on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't hear any sound on my PC: I can't play any sound pn my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-any-sound-on-my-pc/8fcf494c-ba96-481d-86ed-9286dd3fe0b1
  6. I can't hear any sound on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't hear any sound on my PC: I can't play any sound pn my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-any-sound-on-my-pc/8fcf494c-ba96-481d-86ed-9286dd3fe0b1
  7. Intel SST audio not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel SST audio not working: Hey there, I am encountering a strange problem on my RCA Cambio 2-in-1 tablet. The speakers will not work unless I plug something into the headphone jack. If something if plugged in like an Aux cord and the cord is not connected to anything else and I go to select the...
  8. No sound with Intel SST & Windows10

No sound with Intel SST & Windows10: I've seen numerous questions about suddenly losing all sound on computers using Intel SST device drivers. Mine was on an HP Spectre X360. None of the usual suggestions worked. My problem was solved by this: In the Control Panel / Device Manger, open "System Devices" and...
  9. No audio output device is detected and i am not able to play any audio. HELP!!!!

No audio output device is detected and i am not able to play any audio. HELP!!!!: Product: hp omen 15-dc0045nr Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) the speakers were working just fine before i reset my laptop. ps: the laptop ins brand new (1 week) reason for reseting the PC: some DLL files for DirectX were not found and i was not able to...
  10. Windows 10 No sound on Asus T100 with Intel SST Audio Device (WDM

Windows 10 No sound on Asus T100 with Intel SST Audio Device (WDM: Hi there, Computer says "No Audio Output Device is installed" in notifications bar. In Device Manger it is there in the list however has an exclamation mark. Have tried to uninstall & reboot and even tried manually reinstalling however it says that windows can't do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. directx drier intel sst audio speakers

2. intel audio sst audio device

3. microphone intel sst audio device wdm windows 10 32 bit

4. intel sst audio device wdm windows 10 32 bit,
  5. intel sst audio device wdm windows 10,
  6. scan for hardware changes windows 10