Windows 10: Intel Thunderbolt Control Center -- More of a Plea than a Question

Discus and support Intel Thunderbolt Control Center -- More of a Plea than a Question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a new Dell PC with a Thunderbolt 3 port. I cannot use it without the Intel Thunderbolt Control Center, a free application that appears to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by El Cid 80, Jul 30, 2020.

1. El Cid 80 Win User

Intel Thunderbolt Control Center -- More of a Plea than a Question

I have a new Dell PC with a Thunderbolt 3 port. I cannot use it without the Intel Thunderbolt Control Center, a free application that appears to be available ONLY from the Microsoft Store. I and Dell Support and Microsoft Support have spent hours attempting to resolve a 0x803FB005 error in the Windows Store app trying to download the Thunderbolt Control Center...resetting the application, disabling anti-virus and firewall...even reinstalling Windows. I have no immediate need for the Microsoft Store and cannot spend more time right now trying to fix it. Microsoft obviously has the app and an agreement with Intel to distribute it. I am BEGGING everyone at Microsoft: please just give me a link to download the installer for this little app. You can fix the Microsoft Store app without me. PLEASE. PRETTY PLEASE. PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP. I AM BEGGING! I AM GROVELLING.

:)

El Cid 80, Jul 30, 2020

2. thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that inconvenience you are facing when the things may not work as expected.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

When the Thunderbolt 3 is used with certain eighth generation Intel processor-based Windows 10 systems, there is a possibility that the two USB 3.0 ports on the back of the dock (closest to the Ethernet port)
    may not be recognized properly by the operating system.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

1. Disconnect the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock from the system and remove its power cable to turn off completely.
    2. Uninstall the Intel ‘Thunderbolt Software’ present on your system via the Control Panel ->
      Programs and Features and restart the device once.
    3. Download and install the latest version of the Intel Thunderbolt Software published by your system manufacturer. If you are unable to obtain this download from your system manufacturer, you can download a version directly from Intel
      here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK
    4. Restart the system once again.
    5. Reconnect the power cable to the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock, and then reconnect the Thunderbolt 3 cable from the dock to your system.
    6. You should be prompted to authenticate/approve the dock. Follow the onscreen prompts for the completion of the process and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Thunderbolt support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Intel introduces Thunderbolt 4 universal cable connectivity

Source: Introducing Thunderbolt 4: Universal Cable Connectivity for Everyone | Intel Newsroom

Brink, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Jesse Win User

Why would an attached Thunderbolt3 device be missing from the Thunderbolt Control Center?

I have an eGPU that I was having trouble getting connected to Windows 10. When plugging it in there are no prompts to approve it in the Thunderbolt Control Center. It acted as if it was not connected. I went into the BIOS of the computer and set the Thunderbolt Security setting to "None." Now when I plug it in, the graphics card is recognized and works immediately.

Still no prompts from the Thunderbolt Control Center, and the Thunderbolt connections list is empty despite the device working.

It sounds like the Control Center is not talking to the driver properly. What could cause this, and where should I look to troubleshoot?

Jesse, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Intel Thunderbolt Control Center -- More of a Plea than a Question - Similar Threads - Intel Thunderbolt Control

2. Thunderbolt Control Center Shows external SSD is connected but it is not available to use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thunderbolt Control Center Shows external SSD is connected but it is not available to use.: I have an external NVMe M.2 Thunderbolt 3 External SSD and I am trying to connect it to my PC. It appears in the thunderbolt control center and it shows that is connected but the drive itself is not available anywhere on the PC. I have checked the Disk Manager, Device...
  3. Thunderbolt Control Center Shows external SSD is connected but it is not available to use.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thunderbolt Control Center Shows external SSD is connected but it is not available to use.: I have an external NVMe M.2 Thunderbolt 3 External SSD and I am trying to connect it to my PC. It appears in the thunderbolt control center and it shows that is connected but the drive itself is not available anywhere on the PC. I have checked the Disk Manager, Device...
  4. Is there a way to get more than the max 20 notification in the 'Action center'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to get more than the max 20 notification in the 'Action center': [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mytommy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g7xx5o/is_there_a_way_to_get_more_than_the_max_20/
  5. Do AMD processors encounter more problems than intels?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Do AMD processors encounter more problems than intels?: I know they are getting better each time in fact they are almost as powerful. They are a better pick for gaming but are they as reliable an compatible with everything Intel Processors are?? I have never had a computer with amd and I need Reassurance if they work with all...
  6. Comment more than question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Comment more than question: I like many others am tired of receiving the innocuous message that I am not the true Administrator of my PC and this privilege and or function is being denied Google this phrase "cmd prompt administrator windows 10" all your problems will be over, follow instruction...
  7. Not a question. A plea for mercy.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not a question. A plea for mercy.: An open plea to anyone from Microsoft who may monitor this site. A couple of weeks ago there was a supposed "upgrade". As soon as it was done I lost my wifi completely. Trouble shooting said it didn't even exist. Couldn't get on the net to even try to find out about it....
  8. Intel Control Center, Intel Graphic, Intel.......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Control Center, Intel Graphic, Intel.......: Dont know how intel control center got into my computer 06/07/18. Can uninstall it??? Or there is a reason why intel with the little R is in my computer? Thanks....
  9. Running sfc /scannow more than once question

in Windows 10 Support
    Running sfc /scannow more than once question: I've run across the suggestion that when running sfc /scannow it should be run two or three times, even if you received the message Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. My understanding has been that if no integrity violation are found you...
  10. Question about amd catalyst control center

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Question about amd catalyst control center: Hello After upgrading my laptop to window 10, i lost amd catalyst control center, i really need this app to switch between amd and intel GPU Manually any advice please 78954

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft stort thunderbolt control center install

2. thunderbolt control center cannot approve