Windows 10: Intel to AMD change....advice

Discus and support Intel to AMD change....advice in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, i'm looking for a new motherboard/cpu combo to replace my intel set up and complement my vega 56. I currently have i7 7700(non k) and a gigabyte... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by markfresh, Jul 11, 2019.

1. markfresh Win User

Intel to AMD change....advice

Hi, i'm looking for a new motherboard/cpu combo to replace my intel set up and complement my vega 56.
    I currently have i7 7700(non k) and a gigabyte Z270-HD3.
    I was looking to get a ryzen 5 3600x and a motherboard.
    i didnt want to spend a fortune and am not worried about future proof.
    I was looking at the Msi b450 MSY QLD Ipswich or the
    MSi 570 MSI X570 GAMING PLUS AM4 4xDDR4/2xPCIEx16/HDMI/M.2/USB3.2/ATX Motherboard - MSY QLD Ipswich
    Apparently according to this i can update the b450's bios to run the chip Are You Ready for Ryzen 3000 Series Processors? Get the Latest BIOS and Easy Upgrade with Your AMD 300 / 400 Series Motherboards..

WOuld the B450 be good enough?

And are these combos a big enough upgrade to bother with?
    The intel stuff will make a second PC for the mrs as i have spare psu ,case ,etc
    Thanks Mark

:)

markfresh, Jul 11, 2019
  2. PeskyNgon Win User

intel to amd.

hi. I have to change my mother board because im changing from intel to amd cpu. I think my license is probably an OEM because the pc was originally a pre build that ive upgraded.

PeskyNgon, Jul 11, 2019
  3. intel and amd wont work together

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Did you bought that AMD Radeon Graphics card separately or came with your PC?
    • How about disabling Intel Graphics Card and using AMD Radeon Graphics card?

I suspect the problem might be with the incompatible AMD Graphics card drivers. I mean, you can see this kind of behavior when driver malfunctions on background. Suggest you to check for latest AMD Radeon Graphics card drivers on device Manufacturer website,
    if in case it came along with your computer. If in case you bought it separately then try to search for the drivers on AMD official website. Most probably this will fix the issue.

Sometimes latest drivers still fails to work correctly due to compatibility on Windows 10. In view of the same, try installing legacy drivers (I.e. Either Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1) to see if it makes any difference.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Intel to AMD change....advice

AMD/Intel: Switchable graphics

Hi,

So for those of you who still have an old HP laptop, I'd suggest to go look there : leshcatlabs.net/

I think someone linked it in this post a few years before, it's a packed version of the drivers (amd + intel) working

JérômeBOEGLIN, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Intel to AMD change....advice

1. Intel to AMD change....advice - Similar Threads - Intel AMD change

2. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD to INTEL: I am building a new system and am going from an AMD motherboard to Intel motherboard... My current Windows 10 is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account " What I need to figureout is should I plan on a fresh install and if I do a fresh...
  3. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD to INTEL: I am building a new system and am going from an AMD motherboard to Intel motherboard... My current Windows 10 is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account " What I need to figureout is should I plan on a fresh install and if I do a fresh...
  4. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. AMD vs Intel

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD vs Intel: Hi folks the importance of having decent graphics cards cannot IMO be over stated. To me latest NVIDIA and INTEL cards beat the socks out of typical AMD ones -- even an old NVIDIA card works wonders compared to some of the radeon ones. Running a Windows VM on AMD -...
  6. Moving from Intel to AMD - advice please...?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving from Intel to AMD - advice please...?: I want to upgrade my computer with new motherboard, processor, changing from Intel to AMD. I understand that I will need to deactivate/reactivate my windows licence, but if I move my existing SSD to the new system will it boot and run on the new system, albeit unactivated,...
  7. Changing from Intel to AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing from Intel to AMD: Hello, I have recently bought a new amd cpu and motherboard to replace my old intel i5, how do I change these two without having to reinstall windows 10retail version and all my programs, games etc. Thanks....
  8. Do i need to reinstall window intel to amd change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do i need to reinstall window intel to amd change: Hi, I am swapping from intel to AMD moBo and cpu from intel, do i need to reinstall windows. 136604
  9. intel to amd.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    intel to amd.: I am about to upgrade to an amd cpu. the problem is I have to reinstall windows to avoid potential driver issues. this is the same computer, so my windows home license for win10 should carry over, but if I just boot up the computer with fresh install im guessing its gonna ask...
  10. advice on browser change

in Browsers and Email
    advice on browser change: I've been happily using Firefox for years, but it seems to be getting slower with each new version. My needs are simple. I just want a fast, uncomplicated browser and would appreciate a suggestion to use with Win 10. There are all kinds of reviews online but again, these...