Windows 10: Intel to reduce Chromium’s power consumption on Windows 10

Discus and support Intel to reduce Chromium’s power consumption on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Chromium platform is the king of the web browsing market. However, Chromium-based Chrome has the reputation of being a power-hungry browser on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 24, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Intel to reduce Chromium’s power consumption on Windows 10

The Chromium platform is the king of the web browsing market. However, Chromium-based Chrome has the reputation of being a power-hungry browser on Windows devices.

If you feel the Chrome browser in your laptop is draining the battery, then we have good news for you—Intel is working with Chromium engineers on power consumption improvements for the Chromium platform.

According to Intel, some of their latest processors such as Ice Lake support ‘RGB10 overlay’. Intel says it’s working on a new feature for Chromium will allow HDR videos to be played through this processor-based technology to provide better power performance.

“Intel platforms since Icelake begin to support outputting HDR content through its ovelay tech with RGBA10 format. Enable this feature would provide better energy performance on devices based on Icelake or above,” Intel engineer said.

With over 2 billion installs, there is no doubt that Chromium browsers are ruling the browser market and this is a much-needed improvement. Intel has already started working on it, but the feature is unlikely to show up anytime soon.

Chrome and Edge updates paused

Google recently announced that it won’t ship Chrome 81 because of the pandemic and the search engine giant has decided to skip Chrome 82 as well.

Google’s next planned release is Chrome 83 and Google’s decision also has the same impact on other Chromium-based browsers, including Microsoft Edge.

Microsoft is also delaying feature update for its Edge browser and only security updates will be shipped for now.

The post Intel to reduce Chromium’s power consumption on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs

Source: Chromium Blog: Reducing power consumption for background tabs

Brink, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs

Source: Chromium Blog: Reducing power consumption for background tabs

Brink, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Intel to reduce Chromium’s power consumption on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Intel reduce Chromium’s

2. Enormous task manager power consumption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enormous task manager power consumption: This has become very aggravating. I run Windows 10 most current version and if I DON'T load up the task manager in the background it will run at an enormous power consumption rated Very High for no reason consuming a ton of resources. It never drops. It absolutely kills any...
  3. How to reduce RAM consumption in Windows 10 [Version-20H2]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to reduce RAM consumption in Windows 10 [Version-20H2]: Hi,Whenever I check my RAM usage, I always find it above 80%. Though, it has not created any problem yet. I am mainly facing this issue for video conferencing apps. They show me that for good meeting experience close other applications and the RAM usage is very high. At times...
  4. What are some ways to reduce RAM consumption?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are some ways to reduce RAM consumption?: I'm bought a 8GB RAM Laptop last week. Today I was curious so I opened Task Manager and found out the background running programs consume 4GB of my RAM. There were about 65 programs but the ones that took up the most were McAfee, Microsoft Defender, Microsoft Edge, wsappx and...
  5. How can I reduce battery consumption in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I reduce battery consumption in Windows 10?: Hi all! I am a person who uses Windows everyday. I have a very low battery life. I have put it in battery saver mode, reduced the screen brightness, ran the trouble shoot for power. But nothing helped me to reduce battery consumption. So please tell me a way to reduce the...
  6. PCIe Cable Power Consumption Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PCIe Cable Power Consumption Question: What's up ladies and gents. I have a question regarding PCIe power consumption for graphics cards. I've searched around and I get a very divided answer to this: Should I use a single power cable with x2 6+2 split on a GPU with slots over 8? or use two seperate 6+2 power...
  7. How to reduce the RAM consumption of Windows 10 build 17134 for Acer Notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reduce the RAM consumption of Windows 10 build 17134 for Acer Notebook: How to reduce the RAM consumption of Windows 10 build 17134 for Acer Notebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-reduce-the-ram-consumption-of-windows-10/153a84e4-f9e1-4bd0-82a6-1b68998f590f
  8. Power consumption issue with TP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power consumption issue with TP: Hello, I noticed a shorter battery life with the TP Since my computer runs heavy tasks I'm checking T° and power usage. Compared to Win 8.1 I also noticed an higher power consumption when idle (3,5W min with the TP, 2,3W on 8.1), data observed with Core Temp. Someone...
  9. Microsoft Research - Reducing Power Consumption of Mobile Games

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Research - Reducing Power Consumption of Mobile Games: In the last decade, mobile gaming has grown into a huge industry. According to Newzoo, the global mobile games market will reach $46.1 billion in 2017, a 19.4% increase from the year before. Players can enjoy amazing gaming experience on mobile devices due to the...
  10. Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs: Efficient power usage is an important aspect of speed, one of Chrome’s key pillars. To prolong battery life, Chrome should minimize power impact from things users can’t see. This includes background tabs, which consume a third of Chrome's power usage on desktop. Starting in...