Windows 10: Intel turbo boost does not work after upgrading to Windows 10 2004

Discus and support Intel turbo boost does not work after upgrading to Windows 10 2004 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Just now my computer received the Windows 10 2004 update and I installed it. The original version is Windows 10 1909. Just after finishing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CloudyYH, Jun 14, 2020.

1. CloudyYH Win User

Intel turbo boost does not work after upgrading to Windows 10 2004

Hi,

Just now my computer received the Windows 10 2004 update and I installed it. The original version is Windows 10 1909. Just after finishing the installation I notice that my Intel i9-9900K CPU does not turbo boost anymore. The maximum CPU frequency is locked to 3.6 GHz, while before upgrading it can go to 4.7-4.8 GHz. I have not applied any overclocking settings in my motherboard. CPU virtualization is turned off. I install Intel XTU and find that NO throttling is applied.

So why does my CPU don't turbo boost anymore after the upgrade?

:)

CloudyYH, Jun 14, 2020
  2. TedN91740 Win User

Intel Turbo Boost stays on after startup on the desktop

Hi MC

You just disabled it. I have four apps that I have programmed into my Turbo Boost.

The Turbo Boost actually works well. The apps I have programmed into it run faster because of the Turbo Boost.

Because you disable it I don't think I could manually start it to run my apps. It is past 3 AM and I'm too tired to try.

And if I could manually start it I would be staring at the Turbo App until I manually click the close button. That is why we are all here to stop having to click on the close button either right after your PC starts up or if you can manually start it if
    as in your case you have disabled it.

What we need is a smart Intel Guy to figure out how the Windows 10 Fall Creator's update is fouling up Intel's Turbo Boost app.

TedN91740, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Intel Turbo Boost has stopped...

This happened after I started Hyper-V.

This was my first time creating a virtual machine and I was successful, but very soon after that I got a pop up saying Turbo Boost has stopped, unspecified error. I've tried restarting it but the error just happens again. I looked online for help and changed
    the Log On setting to local system account and allow service to interact with desktop, but no change. It was on This account before.

I've disabled Hyper-V in services and made sure it isn't running but Intel Turbo Boost still doesn't start up.

Can anyone help?

Much appreciated...

EDIT:

After disabling Hyper-V in windows features and then restarting, Turbo Boost works again!

Is there any reason they can't work together?

KRISHFROMLONDON, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Intel turbo boost does not work after upgrading to Windows 10 2004

Activating Intel Turbo Boost on demand possible ?

Hi,
    Turbo boost 3 unless you add a app to it's list it will not work
    Just use bios to do what you want to do your bios may have By core usage along with All core or maybe even By specific core
    By core usage is best for what you want to do just enter the turbo frequency

TB-3 has security flaws unlikely to be fixed
    Think a win-10 update kills tb-3 finally

remove Intel Turbo Boost 3.0...
    Here's a proper way to disable the application (with device driver intact).
    1. RIght-click on the tray icon, and disable it.
    2. Open Task Scheduler and disable Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0

3. Open Command Prompt and type “sc config ITBMService start= disabled”
    4. Reboot.
    Now back into bios and disable EIST (Enhanced Intel SpeedStep), and Enable SpeedSHIFT.
    F10 to save and reboot.

ThrashZone, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Intel turbo boost does not work after upgrading to Windows 10 2004

1. Intel turbo boost does not work after upgrading to Windows 10 2004 - Similar Threads - Intel turbo boost

2. Maximum Turbo Boost Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum Turbo Boost Not Working: Hii,I have a Intel i3-1005G1 Processor HP laptop.My Intel Turbo Mode is enabled but cpu clock speed not increasing.My Max turbo speed should be 3.4ghz but it's stuck at 1.19ghz.I did all solutions but nothing is effecting.Minimum and maximum Processor State is also not adding...
  3. Intel Turbo Boost Technology not working Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Turbo Boost Technology not working Windows 11: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 11. I have issues with Intel Turbo Technology, found that my computer felt very sluggish and noticed it was running at 800Mhz with power plans on Ultimate Performance. I reset bios to default, then enabled XMP profile and set CPU to run...
  4. Intel Turbo Boost Technology not working Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Turbo Boost Technology not working Windows 11: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 11. I have issues with Intel Turbo Technology, found that my computer felt very sluggish and noticed it was running at 800Mhz with power plans on Ultimate Performance. I reset bios to default, then enabled XMP profile and set CPU to run...
  5. Intel Turbo Boost is not working in Windows 10, although it is enabled in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Turbo Boost is not working in Windows 10, although it is enabled in BIOS: Intel Turbo boost is not working in windows 10, However Turbo boost enabled in BIOS, It was working fine before.Windows 10 v 21H2 19044.1706System specs:...
  6. Intel Turbo Boost is not working in Windows 10, although it is enabled in BIOS

Intel Turbo Boost is not working in Windows 10, although it is enabled in BIOS: Intel Turbo boost is not working in windows 10, However Turbo boost enabled in BIOS, It was working fine before.Windows 10 v 21H2 19044.1706System specs:...
  7. Intel Turbo Boost is not working in Windows 10, although it is enabled in BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. After upgrade to Windows 11 Intel turbo boost is sometime not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After upgrade to Windows 11 Intel turbo boost is sometime not working: Hi. I have HP EliteBook 840 G6 with i5-8265U CPU. I have upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, and now after PC wake-up seems turbo-boost is not working. CPU clocking at max ~1.8Ghz fans are silent. When I make hard-restart holding shutdown button for a while, then it...
  9. After upgrade to Windows 11 Intel turbo boost is sometime not working

After upgrade to Windows 11 Intel turbo boost is sometime not working: Hi. I have HP EliteBook 840 G6 with i5-8265U CPU. I have upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, and now after PC wake-up seems turbo-boost is not working. CPU clocking at max ~1.8Ghz fans are silent. When I make hard-restart holding shutdown button for a while, then it...
  10. BSOD intel turbo boost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD intel turbo boost: why does my pc Bsod with intel turbo boost enabled in bios? its 100 percent the culprit! 149006

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 20h2 turbo boost problems

2. Can I turbo boost Intel on elitebook 2004