Windows 10: Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Advisory

Discus and support Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Advisory in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00243 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Advisory

Source: INTEL-SA-00243

:)

Brink, Jun 12, 2019
  2. ScholarWarrior, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Intel turbo boost Technology driver in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Hello LeonAm,

Does the problem still persist? or is it solved in the meanwhile?

I myself use Intel’s Turbo Boost Technology for 2 mayor reasons: it’s a huge performance leap for graphics if needed, but when your actual workload doesn’t require the power, the heat production is substantially reduced, like as if the processor makes
    an afternoon power nap, so to speak.

Next to the Anniversary Update, one of my first priorities was to install the package properly, because of its obvious advantages.

My processor is an Intel Core i7-2670QM with 6M Cache, and boosts up to 3.10 GHz.

The Turbo Boost versions I am aware of, are 2.0, 2.6 and 3.0 (the last one has already a version update and is only serving the “Extreme” range of Intel’s i7 processors.

As I was a little bit worried for the risk of “blowing-up” my Core system, I gambled to work from the bottom up, so I downloaded the version showing on the next line;

Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology Monitor 2.0

Cross-check on Intel's website if your processor is compatible with this software version.

First check your x32 or x64 requirements. This of course is essential.

But before proceeding, I would advise you to uninstall any higher Turbo Boost version you can find on your system through the regular “uninstall” procedure.

As always, you need to perform a full backup as you wouldn’t put your system in jeopardy.

As this solution worked for me, I presume this is more than an educated guess.

Good luck anyway!

Marcaronio, Jun 12, 2019
  4. MarioSjr Win User

MarioSjr, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Advisory - Similar Threads - Intel Turbo Boost

2. Intel Turbo Boost Technology not working Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Turbo Boost Technology not working Windows 11: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 11. I have issues with Intel Turbo Technology, found that my computer felt very sluggish and noticed it was running at 800Mhz with power plans on Ultimate Performance. I reset bios to default, then enabled XMP profile and set CPU to run...
  3. Intel Turbo Boost Technology not working Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Turbo Boost Technology not working Windows 11: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 11. I have issues with Intel Turbo Technology, found that my computer felt very sluggish and noticed it was running at 800Mhz with power plans on Ultimate Performance. I reset bios to default, then enabled XMP profile and set CPU to run...
  4. Intel 3.0 Turbo boost application will not install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel 3.0 Turbo boost application will not install: I have the I-9-9980xe with the Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme. After building the machine, I noticed that the Intel Turbo boost 3.0 application would not install, further investigation has led me to that it was disabled in one of the recent major W10 updates. Does anyone know...
  5. Activating Intel Turbo Boost on demand possible ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Activating Intel Turbo Boost on demand possible ?: I have an Intel i7-4510U based laptop that I use to encode 4K videos on over night . According to specs this thing CPU can operate at 2.0 GHz as base speed and 3.1 GHz as max turbo speed . If I game on this laptop , monitoring utilities shows the CPU to be working at 2.8...
  6. BSOD intel turbo boost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD intel turbo boost: why does my pc Bsod with intel turbo boost enabled in bios? its 100 percent the culprit! 149006
  7. Intel Smart Connect Technology for Intel NUC Advisory - Oct. 8

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Smart Connect Technology for Intel NUC Advisory - Oct. 8: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00286 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 10/08/2019 Last revised: 10/08/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® Smart Connect Technology for Intel® NUC...
  8. Intel QuickAssist Technology for Linux Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel QuickAssist Technology for Linux Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00209 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Denial of Service Severity rating: LOW Original release: 12/11/2018 Last revised: 12/11/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® QuickAssist Technology for Linux may allow denial...
  9. Intel Rapid Store Technology Installer Advisory - Nov. 13

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Rapid Store Technology Installer Advisory - Nov. 13: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00153 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 11/13/2018 Last revised: 11/13/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® Rapid Store Technology...
  10. Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) Update Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) Update Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00142 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Information Disclosure Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 09/11/2018 Last revised: 09/11/2018 Summary: A potential vulnerability in the Intel® PTT module in Intel® CSME firmware and Intel®...