Windows 10: Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers

Discus and support Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Intel will start using light pulses next year to move data at blistering speeds in supercomputers, yielding potentially massive advances in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Nov 16, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers

More

:)

labeeman, Nov 16, 2014

2. WM6: Unable to Beam files to PC

I still say that if someone says beaming or to beam a file I automatically assume their working with the infrared port. I would call sending files over bluetooth sending a file through bluetooth.

Thats probably why they called sending data through infrared beaming because you are beaming data in form of pulses of light. So your sending a beam of light in pulses thats why if you point your pda in the wrong directrion away from the computers infrared
    port it looses signal.

SO IN MY MIND BEAMING = INFRARED!

anotherpocho, Nov 16, 2014
  3. irshadaj Win User
    Lumia 920 Camera not focusing (apparently after a software upgrade )

Turn the focus assist light off. The camera isn't able to focus well during the day because the focus light is throwing it off balance, since it isn't reflected from any surface at all. Use the assist beam only during low light photography, when you need
    it.

irshadaj, Nov 16, 2014
  4. Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers

It is taking a ridiculous amount of time to introduce this technology.

Optical tech has been around for decades.

Telecom Australia started installing it in the mid '80s.
    They weren't a bleeding edge tech company in those days either.

HDDs have been screaming out for this for many years now.
    It takes stupid amounts of time to transfer a TB of files.

lehnerus2000, Nov 17, 2014
Thema:

Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers

1. Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers - Similar Threads - Intel turns light

2. Intel Innovations Define the Future of Supercomputing

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Innovations Define the Future of Supercomputing: What’s New: This week at Supercomputing 2018, Intel displays how its industry-leading technologies in the areas of computing, memory and interconnects are defining the future of supercomputing. Intel previewed its next-generation Cascade Lake advanced performance processor,...
  3. Night light wont turn on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light wont turn on: [ATTACH] The night light function doesn't seem to be working on my laptop (i have an Acer swift 3), I don't know how to turn it on? It was working at one point though but it is showing what is shown in the image above...
  4. f6 light (audio mute) does not light up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    f6 light (audio mute) does not light up: f6 light stopped lighting up. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/f6-light-audio-mute-does-not-light-up/4cd7c754-f5fd-4b78-b9ba-4bc27ca4b937
  5. Light up key

Light up key: i got a omen laptop and when I got it the keys lighted up but now they don't how do I turn them on again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/light-up-key/8ddbd0ee-d370-4fe4-97c0-cfbca1b2faba
  6. speeding up or changing laptop Intel HD Graphics 4000

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    speeding up or changing laptop Intel HD Graphics 4000: My laptop has an Intel i7=3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, 8GB ram and a fast 1TB ssd. The slowest part of the system is the Intel HD graphics 4000 The laptop originally came with Windows 8.1 which I upgraded to Windows 10 home (now ver. 1804). Ever since I upgraded to W10, the graphics...
  7. keyboard not lighting up

keyboard not lighting up: I bought a HP Omen and I don't know how to light up the keyboard, can you help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/keyboard-not-lighting-up/93cdeed9-bd28-4967-b162-95972669d749
  8. Speeding up (not turning off) Windows animations (closing/minimizing)

Speeding up (not turning off) Windows animations (closing/minimizing): Hi all, I have been googling on occasion to find a register tweak (or some other windows tweak) to increase the speed of the Windows UI animation, instead of *disabling it*. When turned off it's snappy and all, but it's not a nice experience. *Example of disabling...
  9. KB not lighting up

KB not lighting up: I have a G750JM ROG laptop running 10 and there is a small problem I cannot figure out If I close the lid for any reason the backlit KB goes off and I have no idea what key turns it back on I have tried many combinations (Including the F3 and F4 which have KB...
  10. Beam Theme Week on Xbox Wire: Beam 101

in Windows 10 News
    Beam Theme Week on Xbox Wire: Beam 101: Update May 25th 2017: Introducing 'Mixer' - renamed Beam from Xbox One and Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums [img] It’s time to celebrate the global launch of the Beam viewing app on Xbox One! While many of you may already be familiar with or are streamers yourselves...