Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers

Discus and support Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Intel will start using light pulses next year to move data at blistering speeds in supercomputers, yielding potentially massive advances in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Nov 17, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

More

:)

labeeman, Nov 17, 2014
  2. anotherpocho Win User

WM6: Unable to Beam files to PC

I still say that if someone says beaming or to beam a file I automatically assume their working with the infrared port. I would call sending files over bluetooth sending a file through bluetooth.

Thats probably why they called sending data through infrared beaming because you are beaming data in form of pulses of light. So your sending a beam of light in pulses thats why if you point your pda in the wrong directrion away from the computers infrared
    port it looses signal.

SO IN MY MIND BEAMING = INFRARED!

anotherpocho, Nov 17, 2014
  3. irshadaj Win User
    Lumia 920 Camera not focusing (apparently after a software upgrade )

Turn the focus assist light off. The camera isn't able to focus well during the day because the focus light is throwing it off balance, since it isn't reflected from any surface at all. Use the assist beam only during low light photography, when you need
    it.

irshadaj, Nov 17, 2014
  4. lehnerus2000 Win User

It is taking a ridiculous amount of time to introduce this technology.

Optical tech has been around for decades.

Telecom Australia started installing it in the mid '80s.
    They weren't a bleeding edge tech company in those days either.

HDDs have been screaming out for this for many years now.
    It takes stupid amounts of time to transfer a TB of files.

lehnerus2000, Nov 17, 2014
Thema:

Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers - Similar Threads - Intel turns light

1. Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Settings power option

in Windows 10 News
    Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Settings power option: Hey Guys/Brink I can see a few guides to add certain features to the power options via reg key of command line. Can someone please let me know what the commad line info is to add" Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Settings" (Config TDP Level) ? I know how to...
  2. Trade Your Prize Intel 8086K for AMD Threadripper 1950X

in Windows 10 News
    Trade Your Prize Intel 8086K for AMD Threadripper 1950X: Our competitor recently kicked off a sweepstakes to celebrate the first 40 years of the x86 processor by giving away 8,086 limited edition processors. We appreciate the advancements they’ve helped drive with the x86 architecture over the last four decades. But, we’re ready...
  3. Expect Intel first discrete GPUs by 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Expect Intel first discrete GPUs by 2020: After Intel hired AMD's top Radeon architect, Raja Koduri, last year the chip maker flagged plans to deliver its own high-end discrete graphics cards. Now the company has announced via a short tweet that its first discrete GPU will be coming in 2020. Discrete GPUs are...
  4. Intel New 5G Infrastructure Reference Design

in Windows 10 News
    Intel New 5G Infrastructure Reference Design: What’s New: Intel today announced it has collaborated on a new 5G infrastructure reference design that enables communications service providers (CoSPs) to quickly deploy new revenue-producing services. Utilizing pre-integrated and commercially available components from...
  5. Intel Starts Testing Smallest ‘Spin Qubit’ Chip for Quantum Computing

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Starts Testing Smallest ‘Spin Qubit’ Chip for Quantum Computing: Intel researchers are taking new steps toward quantum computers by testing a tiny new “spin qubit” chip. The new chip was created in Intel’s D1D Fab in Oregon using the same silicon manufacturing techniques that the company has perfected for creating billions of traditional...
  6. Cannot install Updates on Drive D Intel Atom Z8300 Cherry Tree

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot install Updates on Drive D Intel Atom Z8300 Cherry Tree: Hi I have one of these Diddy Chinese Computers the Intel Atom Z8300 Cherry Tree great but now encountering a problem. I have installed a 128Gb SD Card which has been formatted and now awaits being used I can 'see it' in Device Manager and install music, photo's etc onto it no...
  7. Cannot install Updates on Drive D Intel Atom Z8300

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot install Updates on Drive D Intel Atom Z8300: Hi I have one of these Diddy Chinese Computers the Intel Atom Z8300 Cherry Tree great but now encountering a problem. I have installed a 128Gb SD Card which has been formatted and now awaits being used I can 'see it' in Device Manager and install music, photo's etc onto it no...
Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers solved