Windows 10: Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers

Discus and support Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Intel will start using light pulses next year to move data at blistering speeds in supercomputers, yielding potentially massive advances in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Nov 16, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers

More

:)

labeeman, Nov 16, 2014

2. WM6: Unable to Beam files to PC

I still say that if someone says beaming or to beam a file I automatically assume their working with the infrared port. I would call sending files over bluetooth sending a file through bluetooth.

Thats probably why they called sending data through infrared beaming because you are beaming data in form of pulses of light. So your sending a beam of light in pulses thats why if you point your pda in the wrong directrion away from the computers infrared
    port it looses signal.

SO IN MY MIND BEAMING = INFRARED!

anotherpocho, Nov 16, 2014
  3. irshadaj Win User
    Lumia 920 Camera not focusing (apparently after a software upgrade )

Turn the focus assist light off. The camera isn't able to focus well during the day because the focus light is throwing it off balance, since it isn't reflected from any surface at all. Use the assist beam only during low light photography, when you need
    it.

irshadaj, Nov 16, 2014
  4. Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers

It is taking a ridiculous amount of time to introduce this technology.

Optical tech has been around for decades.

Telecom Australia started installing it in the mid '80s.
    They weren't a bleeding edge tech company in those days either.

HDDs have been screaming out for this for many years now.
    It takes stupid amounts of time to transfer a TB of files.

lehnerus2000, Nov 17, 2014
Thema:

Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers

1. Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers - Similar Threads - Intel turns light

2. The keyboard light doesn't light up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The keyboard light doesn't light up: Hello everyone!I'm not sure if I ask the question that is suitable with this topic..Actually I don't know exactly what issue that I've had.I have taken the warranty this week, I just found that the keyboard light dosen't light up even F7 still work and show the signal...
  3. The keyboard light doesn't light up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The keyboard light doesn't light up: Hello everyone!I'm not sure if I ask the question that is suitable with this topic..Actually I don't know exactly what issue that I've had.I have taken the warranty this week, I just found that the keyboard light dosen't light up even F7 still work and show the signal...
  4. The keyboard light doesn't light up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Turning on the lights makes my PC wake up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning on the lights makes my PC wake up: So, I usually keep my PC in sleep mode most of the time and lately I've been finding it wake up a lot for no apparent reason. Initially, I expected this issue to be related to the peripherals, mostly the mouse being moved through slight vibrations or something along those...
  6. battery Light not light up.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery Light not light up.: my battery light not want to light up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-light-not-light-up/d474327c-2ca7-4480-ab52-d892ced580eb
  7. Night Light will not turn on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light will not turn on: Hi, I have my night light settings set to turn on at sunset and turn off at sunrise but it never turns on. Even if I choose the option 'turn on now' it makes no change, it simply will not turn on. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. Intel to deliver 1st exascale supercomputer to US Department of Energy

in Windows 10 News
    Intel to deliver 1st exascale supercomputer to US Department of Energy: DBDPFC8cIMo [ATTACH] Today is an exciting day for the future of science and the tech industry. Our announcement today that Intel will deliver the U.S.’ first exascale supercomputer for the Department of Energy is a key moment in the evolution of the industry and a...
  9. Intel Innovations Define the Future of Supercomputing

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Innovations Define the Future of Supercomputing: What’s New: This week at Supercomputing 2018, Intel displays how its industry-leading technologies in the areas of computing, memory and interconnects are defining the future of supercomputing. Intel previewed its next-generation Cascade Lake advanced performance processor,...
  10. speeding up or changing laptop Intel HD Graphics 4000

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    speeding up or changing laptop Intel HD Graphics 4000: My laptop has an Intel i7=3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, 8GB ram and a fast 1TB ssd. The slowest part of the system is the Intel HD graphics 4000 The laptop originally came with Windows 8.1 which I upgraded to Windows 10 home (now ver. 1804). Ever since I upgraded to W10, the graphics...