Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers

Discus and support Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Intel will start using light pulses next year to move data at blistering speeds in supercomputers, yielding potentially massive advances in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Nov 16, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

More

:)

labeeman, Nov 16, 2014
  2. anotherpocho Win User

WM6: Unable to Beam files to PC

I still say that if someone says beaming or to beam a file I automatically assume their working with the infrared port. I would call sending files over bluetooth sending a file through bluetooth.

Thats probably why they called sending data through infrared beaming because you are beaming data in form of pulses of light. So your sending a beam of light in pulses thats why if you point your pda in the wrong directrion away from the computers infrared
    port it looses signal.

SO IN MY MIND BEAMING = INFRARED!

anotherpocho, Nov 16, 2014
  3. irshadaj Win User
    Lumia 920 Camera not focusing (apparently after a software upgrade )

Turn the focus assist light off. The camera isn't able to focus well during the day because the focus light is throwing it off balance, since it isn't reflected from any surface at all. Use the assist beam only during low light photography, when you need
    it.

irshadaj, Nov 16, 2014
  4. lehnerus2000 Win User

It is taking a ridiculous amount of time to introduce this technology.

Optical tech has been around for decades.

Telecom Australia started installing it in the mid '80s.
    They weren't a bleeding edge tech company in those days either.

HDDs have been screaming out for this for many years now.
    It takes stupid amounts of time to transfer a TB of files.

lehnerus2000, Nov 17, 2014
Thema:

1. Intel turns to light beams to speed up supercomputers - Similar Threads - Intel turns light

2. No thumbnails in start menu on start-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    No thumbnails in start menu on start-up: Since the April update (the latest one didn’t brick my PC, for a change), most of the thumbnails in my Start menu have vanished when the computer starts up. I know how to reset thumbnails, and that is the solution, but what is the reason for Windows not loading thumbnails...
  3. Turn off Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off Monitor: How to turn off the monitor ? It's impossible with Windows settings ! [Original Title: Monitor] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/turn-off-monitor/049f875b-88bc-4203-9d59-bc561a18167f
  4. Q3 2018 Intel Speculative Execution Side Channel Update

in Windows 10 News
    Q3 2018 Intel Speculative Execution Side Channel Update: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00161 Product family: Multiple Impact of vulnerability: Information Disclosure Severity rating: See Security Advisory text Original release: 08/14/2018 Last revised: 08/14/2018 Summary: Security researchers have identified a speculative execution...
  5. microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989: Microsoft Edge Critical Error screen (red in color. wanting my user name and password, gave the tel number 866 393 7989. called and they would not say they were Microsoft only another company to fix issue. meantime I can't do to much....
  6. Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help

Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help: every time i log on windows tries to set up pin, but i don't want pin! any help would be appreciated. thanks, ~Matt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-asks-me-to-set-up-pin-every-time-i-log/e1fe6901-0fe1-40d1-a990-5460f7ba6f23"
  7. W10 Voice Dictation bar takes up too much space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Voice Dictation bar takes up too much space: Windows 10's latest voice dictation works well enough that I'm now using it to dictate drafts. Unfortunately, it takes up too much real estate on my on my 13.3" laptop. It is literally 1/2 the width of the screen. Worse yet, it can't be minimized, can't be resized, and is...
  8. microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989

microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989: Microsoft Edge Critical Error screen (red in color. wanting my user name and password, gave the tel number 866 393 7989. called and they would not say they were Microsoft only another company to fix issue. meantime I can't do to much....
  9. Hard drive shows up in This PC, but not Intel Rapid Storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive shows up in This PC, but not Intel Rapid Storage: I have two eternal hard drives hooked up to my motherboard. I can see them both in This PC and can copy and delete files from both. I actually wiped them both clean and formatted them on this new PC that I just built, and everything seemed fine until I installed Intel Rapid...
  10. Infinite loading screen that comes up before intended login screen every time I boot up my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infinite loading screen that comes up before intended login screen every time I boot up my pc: Note: tried to do what someone recommended in previous posts on command prompt but nothing came of it Basically I started getting this problem two days ago. Every time I started up my pc, it would boot normally until a black screen with an infinite loading cursor symbol...