Windows 10: "Intel UHD Graphics" driver causes black black screen freeze when moving video content plays

Discus and support "Intel UHD Graphics" driver causes black black screen freeze when moving video content plays in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A Dell Inspiron 7790 AIO, Win10 20H2 build 19042 is freezing to a black screen dark but faintly lit when we play MP4 files, or view certain videos on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by a6shooter, Sep 15, 2021.

1. a6shooter Win User

"Intel UHD Graphics" driver causes black black screen freeze when moving video content plays

A Dell Inspiron 7790 AIO, Win10 20H2 build 19042 is freezing to a black screen dark but faintly lit when we play MP4 files, or view certain videos on youtube, or view other online browser based video players.The graphics device is a "Intel UHD Graphics" card. The most recent driver version the one on the

:)

a6shooter, Sep 15, 2021

2. Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver

The screen turns black as soon as Intel HD Graphics 630 drivers are updated.

All other drivers are installed and updated.

Everything works normally until the driver is being installed. During the installation process the screen goes black. The cursor does not appear and the keyboard is still lit.

Whenever i restarted the laptop, after the windows loading screen, the screen goes back to black. The solution is to enter safe mode and uninstall the HD Graphics 630 driver, therefore
    using the Microsoft Basic Video Adapter.

However, with this basic driver, the laptop performance drops in applications that require graphics processing, making it impractical to use in such situations.

I tried these possible solutions:

• I tried to install several versions of the driver, which were available on the dell website itself or on the intel website, and all of them had a black screen during the installation.
    • I disabled Windows Update because it was Installing the driver automatically and the screen was turning black after a few minutes, so it doesn't work too.
    • I have also completely uninstalled the nvidia and intel drivers using DDU and tried to install hd graphics 630 drivers, but the black screen still persists.
    • Tried to update using the device manager. Same thing, screen still turns black.
    • I also tried to use an external monitor to see if there was video, the issue persists.
    • I already contacted dell and intell support, noboby seems to have a solution.

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567
    Windows 10 Pro version 1903
    Bios version 1.10.0
    Intel HD Graphics 630
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ

ThiagoBarbosa9, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver

There seems to be no clear answer about Intel HD Graphics driver causing trouble with screens. Having wandered throughout the internet, I realized no solution was working for me. Then I went back to my computer to study the installation logs. It is from
    there that I found the problem with black screen upon installing intel hd graphics drivers. Apparently, installation always stopped due to the computer's power plan/policy. It happens that the intel graphics driver won't work with the default Balanced Power
    Plan, which seems to be the default when installing Windows 10 1803. Therefore, to correct the black screen, I entered into Safe Mode and reinstalled the problematic intel graphics driver, then went to the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options.
    Under the Balanced (recommended) option, I selected Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings, then expanding the 'Intel (R) Graphics Settings > Intel (R) Graphics Power Plan', I set both On battery and Plugged in to "Maximum Performance". Then
    I restarted my computer and voila! It worked. No black screen again.

LemurLeison, Sep 15, 2021
  4. "Intel UHD Graphics" driver causes black black screen freeze when moving video content plays

UHD Graphics keep on blacking out

On 10 19041.388. All things updated.

The display blacks out for a second before returning back to normal. Not sure what's causing this.

I have an Nvidia Optimus-enabled laptop. Event viewer shows "Display driver igfxn stopped responding and has successfully recovered" and reliability monitor reports it's a windows error and that "A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly."

The igfxn definitely has something to do with Intel graphics drivers (I have an inspiron 3493 with i5-1035G1 and it has UHD graphics + MX250)

Intel GPU Drivers are version 26.20.100.7870 created february 5, 2020 and I have option to roll back, should I do that?

TTSVids105, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

"Intel UHD Graphics" driver causes black black screen freeze when moving video content plays

1. "Intel UHD Graphics" driver causes black black screen freeze when moving video content plays - Similar Threads - Intel UHD Graphics

2. Black screen while playing video on Intel HD Graphics 520

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen while playing video on Intel HD Graphics 520: The problem occurs on Edge and Netflix for Windows 10. Playing the video with 940M and on Firefox is just fine. Device name Nirvana-C500 Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30GHz Installed RAM 6.00 GB usable: 5.88 GB Device ID 7DC47CF6-E4A3-4356-AAC2-5B7BAA5C2453...
  3. Black screen while playing video on Intel HD Graphics 520

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen while playing video on Intel HD Graphics 520: The problem occurs on Edge and Netflix for Windows 10. Playing the video with 940M and on Firefox is just fine. Device name Nirvana-C500 Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30GHz Installed RAM 6.00 GB usable: 5.88 GB Device ID 7DC47CF6-E4A3-4356-AAC2-5B7BAA5C2453...
  4. Black screen while playing video on Intel HD Graphics 520

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Intel UHD Graphics Driver Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel UHD Graphics Driver Crashing: It seems as though my laptop has an issue with the intel UHD Graphics driver that is installed. Every hour or so it will crash. I will either need to restart or go to Device Manager, disable the device, and then enable the device. I have tried a factory reset, uninstalling...
  6. Graphic Driver causes black screen

Graphic Driver causes black screen: Hi there, I hope you are doing well ^^! So, i'm facing a serious trouble with my new graphic card "GTX 760" and i hope you could help me guys, First, check out my PC config => Config : - Mobo : MSI Z87M Gaming - Cpu: Intel Core i5 4éme Gen 4460 / 3.2 Ghz OC: 3.5 Ghz - Ram :...
  7. Black screen during Intel Graphics driver enabling

Black screen during Intel Graphics driver enabling: HiMy Dell Inspiron 5459 was giving flickering issues. I have got the display cable changed and since then facing very peculiar issue.When the Intel Graphics 520 is enabled, the display in BIOS Dell splash logo remains in laptop screen, but immediately once system enters WIN...
  8. Intel UHD Graphics driver causing audio hissing?

Intel UHD Graphics driver causing audio hissing?: I've been having a high-pitched electronic sizzling sound through headphones connected on my 3.5 mm audio jack since I bought my laptop - Acer Predator Triton 300. After multiple painful attempts at fixing the issue, I have discovered that the issue is solved if I disable the...
  9. All intel graphics driver causes black screen/pixelated/pink

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    All intel graphics driver causes black screen/pixelated/pink: It's been roughly a week of research, trying different solutions to fix this problem but no dice. Strange thing is that I am able to install the Intel driver in safe mode with no screen problems. The problem occurs only when booting into normal windows. The only exception...
  10. Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics: Hi I have upgraded from windows 7 to 10 in the last week and ever since I get a black screen before the login page. I have figured out a work around for this which is when I see the black screen I press the function button and f3 at the same time to put my laptop in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win11 intel gpu black screen