Windows 10: Intel Update wiped out my display

Discus and support Intel Update wiped out my display in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated a Dell desktop with the microsoft update for Intel - Display. Now I don't have a display showing at all. Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eAMQ, Feb 26, 2020.

1. eAMQ Win User

Intel Update wiped out my display

I updated a Dell desktop with the microsoft update for Intel - Display. Now I don't have a display showing at all. Help!

:)

2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Feb 26, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Intel Update wiped out my display

Problem with intel and Geforce Display driver

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

For a better clarity of your issue, please answer these queries below:
    • Do you receive any error code or error message?
    • What is the make and model of the pc?
    I would like to inform you that, you need to login to the PC using the Microsoft Account, to check, if that helps.

Also, I suggest you to install any pending updates on the PC to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the PC and login to the either administrator account or the Microsoft account to check, if that helps.

Then refer to the Microsoft article link below and check, if the issue still persists.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

This issue could occur due to corrupted or incompatible display adaptor device driver or graphic card driver on your system.

Please follow these methods below, and check, if it helps.

Method 1:

Uninstall and reinstall the Intel and Geforce Display driver and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the Intel and Geforce Display driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand Intel and Geforce Display driver in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the Intel and Geforce Display driver and click on “uninstall".

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

e. Download the latest Intel and Geforce Display driver from the manufacturer’s website and reinstall it.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

This issue occurs due to the outdated Intel and Geforce Display drivers may not be compatible.

The Intel and Geforce Display drivers could be compatible with the previous version of Windows, rather than Windows 10.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the Intel and Geforce Display drivers and reinstall the latest Intel and Geforce Display driver in compatibility mode and check, if it works.

Follow these steps to install the Intel and Geforce Display drivers in compatibility mode.

1. Download the latest Intel and Geforce Display drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Please refer to the below article “How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10” by Mr. Andre Da Costa to update the drivers:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update. Install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps.

Please feel free to contact us with more information, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Intel Update wiped out my display

1. Intel Update wiped out my display - Similar Threads - Intel Update wiped

2. Windows update wiped out all my settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update wiped out all my settings: An update Windows 10 this morning 12/12/2020 wiped all my app settings on the PC. I use Outlook for email. This app was not be found in the list. When I searched for it, it showed up but then I had to recreate my email account all over. Now it won't let me choose the inbox...
  3. KB4580325 wiped out my update history

KB4580325 wiped out my update history: Last week, my Windows 10 PC wanted to install Features Update to Windows 10, Version 2004. After this and a few other updates, I looked, and it wiped out all my Windows Update history, except this and a few others that were installed the next day. Is this a problem...
  4. Latest Update wiped out my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Update wiped out my computer: The latest Microsoft Update done today 7/11/20 just wiped out all my settings. My outlook does not exist. Did not show my C drive at first but after I rebooted, I saw the C drive where my files were. All my office programs are starting from scratch and they cannot find my...
  5. Intel Display Update

Intel Display Update: Hi all I am using Intel Display Drive Version 24.20.100.6286 but the Windows update is degrading my Intel Display Drive Version to 22.20.16.4749 How to stop that update or any suggestions....
  6. Wipe out

Wipe out: W10 forced PIN selection to open my laptop this morning 3/21/2020 after functioning okay Humm cannot reach page was still happening, of course. Blue screen with old lit Window image appears with tray icons verticle on screen instead if in tray. Serms old style?! ALL my...
  7. wipe out

wipe out: I got my laptop used and it runs real slow. I want to just wipe it clean, remove everything on it and start fresh. what I don't know is if I will lose the windows too? will I have to reinstall it myself or will it automatically have it on there? it has windows 10 but tells...
  8. Update wiped out writing

Update wiped out writing: So... today, Microsoft decided I really, really, REALLY needed to have the new g-whiz update. I woke up to an "restart now or restart tonight?" message. Given that I was in the middle of writing and needed to have my computer open and working today to deal with an unrelated...
  9. Windows update wiped out all of my settings.

Windows update wiped out all of my settings.: I've seen a few posts here about the same thing happening to others. Windows did an automatic update even after I have turned them off and it basically restored back to factory settings. The first time it happened on Saturday February 23 2019 between 9-11 PM and I had to...
  10. Update wiped out computer

Update wiped out computer: Last night when I went to shut down my Surface Pro 2 it asked to install updates. This morning the computer says it lost my desktop location and all I have is a black screen with a couple icons in the task bar that do not work. The windows button does not work and even the...