Windows 10: Intel USB 3.0 Controller intermittent slow initialization issues at startup

Discus and support Intel USB 3.0 Controller intermittent slow initialization issues at startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Occasionally I have noticed that the mouse (and now keyboard) sometimes take longer to initialize whenever the login screen appears after a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dave_B_35_NZ, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Intel USB 3.0 Controller intermittent slow initialization issues at startup

Occasionally I have noticed that the mouse (and now keyboard) sometimes take longer to initialize whenever the login screen appears after a system power up. This is usually accompanied by the device connect sound. Occasionally, sometimes when this happens the mouse does not respond at all and is frozen, requiring a system reboot. I have reinstalled Windows from scratch and this still occurs. Updating the USB 3.0 driver didn't fix the issue either.

The issue appears to be isolated to the USB 3.0 controller that is built-in into the motherboard's chipset. My motherboard also has an ASmedia 3.1 controller onboard, and I haven't been able to reproduce the issue on those ports.

The question I am putting forward is anybody else experiencing a similar issue?

:)

Dave_B_35_NZ, Sep 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB 3 issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description flash drive (USB 3 device) is not working on your computer after upgrading to Windows 10.

I understand that the USB device is not getting detected by your computer. The issue may arise if the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt or if your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict
    with a USB device and Windows. This may also occur if your USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt. So, I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

• Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select
      device manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click
      Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    • Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    • Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Method 2

The issue could be if the drivers are not updated or get corrupted. So, try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the Display drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

If issue still persists, then install the drivers for Windows 8/8.1 from the manufacturer's website in compatibility mode and check if that works.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...5&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Method 3

If issue persists try the steps provided to uninstall the USB device from Device Manager, uninstall the device drivers from program list and then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

• Open Device Manger by clicking on Windows key + X and selecting
      Device manager from the list.
    • Expand the USB section.
    • Find the USB device.
    • Right click USB and select Uninstall.
    • Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

• Click on start, select Control Panel
    • Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    • Find the USB.
    • Right click USB driver and select Uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.

Step 3:

Download and install the latest drivers for the USB from the manufacturer website

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Startup error on discontinued Intel driver

Hi David,

Windows 10 update remove the Intel WiDi driver due to compatibility issue. We suggest uninstalling the Intel WiDi driver from Control Panel to avoid it from showing up every time you start your computer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Choose Programs and Features.
    • Click Intel (R) WiDi Driver and hit Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know goes.

Monica Cam, Sep 5, 2018
  4. SlipSlice Win User

Intel USB 3.0 Controller intermittent slow initialization issues at startup

Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool Intel USB 3.0 Controller intermittent slow initialization issues at startup :cool:

SlipSlice, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Intel USB 3.0 Controller intermittent slow initialization issues at startup

1. Intel USB 3.0 Controller intermittent slow initialization issues at startup - Similar Threads - Intel USB Controller

2. Issue with Intel® Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Intel® Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V: Hi, I've been having a problem with the Ethernet Adapder and it's driving me crazy.Every time it starts using the Ethernet adapter to some extend of it's capacity, and it happens more often when playing games or dowloading at high speeds the ethernet adapter stop detecting...
  3. Issue with Intel® Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Intel® Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V: Hi, I've been having a problem with the Ethernet Adapder and it's driving me crazy.Every time it starts using the Ethernet adapter to some extend of it's capacity, and it happens more often when playing games or dowloading at high speeds the ethernet adapter stop detecting...
  4. Issue with Intel® Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Initial slowness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Initial slowness: After startup, my Win10 laptop goes through a period of very slow response lasting 3-10 min. It's been like this for a few months. It's bad enough that I can't do hardly anything. Windows appears to be fully loaded, with the desktop icons in place and everything looking...
  6. Initial slowness

Initial slowness: After startup, my Win10 laptop goes through a period of very slow response lasting 3-10 min. It's been like this for a few months. It's bad enough that I can't do hardly anything. Windows appears to be fully loaded, with the desktop icons in place and everything looking...
  7. Windows 10 running slow on startup and freezing intermittently

Windows 10 running slow on startup and freezing intermittently: The issue, I normally startup steam, Firefox, and Discord on my computer. This is a custom build, and I will list all of the components below.MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon MSI motherboard MS-7b9364 GB G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 RAM AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 core processor 4276 Mhz EVGA GTX...
  8. Windows 10 running slow on startup and freezing intermittently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 running slow on startup and freezing intermittently: The issue, I normally startup steam, Firefox, and Discord on my computer. This is a custom build, and I will list all of the components below.MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon MSI motherboard MS-7b9364 GB G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 RAM AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 core processor 4276 Mhz EVGA GTX...
  9. Slow response on initial startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow response on initial startup: When I restart my computer, the initial Windows screen comes up as normal. However, I must hit enter several times to be allowed to sign-in. Once I sign in with my pin, things slow to a crawl. Usually, the desktop comes up but often without words or it flashes numberous times...
  10. KB4524147 and VirtualHere USB 3 XHCI Controller made my Intel USB 3.1 XHCI Controller on...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4524147 and VirtualHere USB 3 XHCI Controller made my Intel USB 3.1 XHCI Controller on...: KB4524147 and VirtualHere USB 3 XHCI Controller made my Intel USB 3.1 XHCI Controller on the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 failed. Translated by Google Translate. All of my external USB devices failed after I went to work today. The result of the final check was that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel board usb slow initialization